"God told me..."

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
An example of satanic influence once happened when a christian friend and myself were walking down High Street and we bumped into a middle-aged lady who we both knew to be slightly schizophrenic.
We began pleasantly chatting with her and she was all smiles, but then my friend said "I've been to Emmanuel church this morning".
Hearing this, her face turned white as a sheet and with a look of horror she blurted out "I'VE GOT TO GO" and hurried off without a goodbye or anything, leaving me and my friend looking at each other in bewilderment!
The word "Emmanuel" means "God is with us", so perhaps it struck fear into her demons and they ordered her to hurry off?

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Another time, I dated a young lady a few times who had mild schizophrenia and we got on great for a little while, so I invited her back to my place and were chatting amiably as we walked along, but then I realised I was talking to myself because she'd disappeared!
I looked around and saw her walking off so I called out "What's up? Where you going?" and she answered "Er...I've got to go home to feed my cat".
After that whenever I happened to see her again she either looked away or crossed the road to avoid me.
Her demons had probably ordered her to cold shoulder me, so I forgot about her and moved on..:)

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Drop the name Jesus in a casual conversation and watch the reaction. It's telling. You'll never see that sort of reaction with Buddha or Allah or any other religious icon.

Haha yes, only the name of Jesus terrifies them and their demons, whole lotta shakin' goin' on..:)
"Believe in God, the demons also believe and tremble" (James 2:19)
"Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God" (Mark 1:24)

rel-jesus-leave him2.jpg

Last edited:

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the bible we read about a man with seven sons who used the name Jesus and indeed found demons! They beat that man and his son's up pretty bad!

So why does the story have seven sons - isn't it because there are a full number of sons of someone who don't really understand what it means to do something in Jesus' name!!

If we are His sheep, we know Him. And like anyone, we know Him because we walk and talk with Him. And if we indeed walk and talk with Him, then we get instructions from Him! That is why we know Him as our Lord - because we get instructions in words that come via His Holy Spirit to our spirit.

Therefore - If His, the King of kings tells you to do something then the whole Kingdom of God is behind you. So doing or saying something in His name means we get instructions from Him. Too often we present doing something in His name to just mean we say "Jesus" at some point. Perhaps it will work like a bluff in a card game, but perhaps the demons will figure out that you don't actually know the Lord. Demons are evil spirits and they can see what is happening in the spiritual realm around you. They will know if you are walking with the Lord and if you have angels around you!!

Ps 91:1He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.

Ps 91: 10,11 No evil will befall you, Nor will any plague come near your tent. For He will give His angels charge concerning you,
To guard you in all your ways.

There is nothing new under the sun. Today there are those going around trying to just say "Jesus", to try and cast out demons, yet they are not actually lead by our Lord Jesus Christ, who leads His sheep out with His voice, so we hear specific instructions. And those people have a full number of sons who follow that idea of just saying the name of Jesus to cast out demons.

Now God is omni-present - and the Father might just offer you some protection to glorify the Son, but don't count on that. Many do get beat up pretty bad because they don't actually hear from the Lord before doing things!