God's Grace

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it. - Acts 28:28.

There is something very definite that happens in Acts 28:28, or at least it is related it is going to take place. Something was going to happen that will be so foreign to humanity unless you had the HolySpirit to teach what was really happening no one would understand it:

"God was going to deal with humanity only through the finished work of his dear Son"

-That for believers is something they can take to the bank because God will not go outside the cross to do anything now that goes on in this world-

God had sent his only begotten Son into the world. Israel whom God loved had rejected her Messiah, killed him, and now based on a complete work of Christ on a cursed tree died to bring in a perfect and better way. That way would be the only way, not a way but the only way, the only truth, and the only life. God, who had dealt with humanity by several different ways now was going to narrow it down to specific time, place, and event.

So what is grace really? Grace is all the things we say it is. It is God's unmerited favor, it is all the labels we have given it. You can stop arguing over who is right about grace. We are all right, grace is all those things and more. The whole bucket of grace we say was poured over you and you got it all from the git go if you will.

The whole bucket of Grace is; Christ living in the believer. If you are a believer you have Christ in you. I know all the scenarios preached about believers and sin and separation and agree with some. Just because you have a believer that is either lazy (does not search scripture) and does not care about life and living, or you have a believer that is listening to a watered down mess and they will end up in sin usally. A watered down mess (obviously my term) is when the message you adhere to is doing nothing but appealing to your flesh and you cannot withstand that. You may for a season but usally if you watch long enough, a day of reckoning is the final outcome, sad but true.

Why is that? Your father cares to much to leave you in the mess so he will bring you out, and sometimes it hurts. Money, success, health, wealth, to numerous are the pulls of the flesh to list. So if you're favorite preacher-teacher has you on a road to success you should beware you are headed for disaster.

The only answer I have ever found has been to read the scriptures. Take your bible go hid somewhere and stay there until the HolySpirit has something to work with. I personally would go nowhere but Paul's Epistles to start with. That is where the sound foundation of the in Christ message is brought out.

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I started in the book of Revelation when I was about 18.
I just happened to pick it up and read the ending.
I guess God chose that book for me because it sure got my attention.
I had watched all the movies "The Ten Commandments", Little Drummer Boy. I was sad when they removed that one :(
But I'd never read the Bible.

So I had to start at the Beginning.
Immediately I noticed a parallel.
In Chapter 20 of Revelation God is creating a new heaven and a new earth.
In Genesis 1 God is creating a new heaven and a new earth. (New because it was the first).. or maybe not.
Depends on how many times you read the Bible from cover to cover. :)

From there it was Prophecy, Daniel and Ezekiel, Jesus's Parables.. and the journey had begun.
Then I started doing word searches. and comparing words in this verse with words in that verse.
And the more searched the more interesting it became.
Now if someone says something, my mind jumps right to a verse or a story or a concept. Like a trigger. BANG!

Grace:
Eph 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Amen
HUGS

Reactions: soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I started in the book of Revelation when I was about 18.
I just happened to pick it up and read the ending.
I guess God chose that book for me because it sure got my attention.
I had watched all the movies "The Ten Commandments", Little Drummer Boy. I was sad when they removed that one :(
But I'd never read the Bible.

So I had to start at the Beginning.
Immediately I noticed a parallel.
In Chapter 20 of Revelation God is creating a new heaven and a new earth.
In Genesis 1 God is creating a new heaven and a new earth. (New because it was the first).. or maybe not.
Depends on how many times you read the Bible from cover to cover. :)

From there it was Prophecy, Daniel and Ezekiel, Jesus's Parables.. and the journey had begun.
Then I started doing word searches. and comparing words in this verse with words in that verse.
And the more searched the more interesting it became.
Now if someone says something, my mind jumps right to a verse or a story or a concept. Like a trigger. BANG!

Grace:
Eph 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Amen
HUGS

That is a nice testimony, once you get a taste of scripture (being led) nothing else satisfies really. I see it as important for growth and HolySpirit teaching because he has something to work with. I had an older friend that had alot of bible time under his belt, it came out when he didn't even realize it but others did-the open book read by all men :) thanks for commenting.

Reactions: Ziggy