GODs Hardship on those Who Serve Him ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

musicworld

Apr 1, 2009
Canary Islands Tenerife
Hi

Just wondering if anyone can give some positive answers to this question.

Why is it GOD gives great wealth and sometimes even fame to those who don't even acknowledge him (unbelievers) Yet those who do serve him out of great faith he gives hard times and drags through the dirt.

I understand this is not always the case, but it's common.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
God sees (as Christians should) great wealth and fame in the world as absolutely nothing. When they stand before God to give an accounting of their lives, that wealth and fame will count for nothing.
Who cares if you have great riches, own many homes and cars, etc in the few years you are on earth if you are not going to spend eternity in heaven.

As far as Christians of "great faith he gives hard times and drags through the dirt".....I don't think there is a generalized statement to apply to this.
God loves every one of His children individually, and what He allows to occur in their lives are related to the individuals themselves and their unique situation, needs, areas requiring attention, as well as what God has planned for them individually.

If you remember that God loves the Christian who is enduring these trials with all His heart, you start to look less at the terrible situation they appear to be in right now, and look forward to the blessings and rewards that are there for them when they come through it.....because they WILL come through it.

I also believe that there are some things that we will never have answers for here on earth. We will either be able to ask Christ face to face when we see Him, will have immediate understanding once we have "shuffled off this mortal coil," or, once we see His face, it simply won't matter anyway.

I have asked the the question "Why?" many times in the past, but have slowly come to realize the reply should have been, "Yes, Lord."

I can only regret the trials and difficulties I could have avoided, minimized, or handled much better if I had embraced that realization much earlier in my relationship with God.

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
Hi

Why is it GOD gives great wealth and sometimes even fame to those who don't even acknowledge him (unbelievers) Yet those who do serve him out of great faith he gives hard times and drags through the dirt.

I think you're looking at the other side of the fence. I'm sure that if you jumped over to the other side, you wouldn't find it so rosy.

Anyway, firstly, when you become a Christian, you make yourself an enemy: Satan. And he will do all that he can to make life difficult.
Secondly, your flesh default, thanks to the Fall, is bent towards sin. This will also make life difficult.
Thirdly, it's in the hard times that we find what we are really made of. I'd rather be tried and true, than shiny, bright, new, and completely useless.
That's a quick breakdown.

While there are many famous non-Christians, there are also plenty of famous Christians. God shines the sun on both the righteous and unrighteous. God is faithful. He will keep doing what he's been doing for thousands of years, even for those who don't love him. He calls us to do the same: to treat our enemies as our friends: because that is what will separate us from the world.

Mat 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Rom_8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
You cannot be a conqueror unless there is a real obstacle to overcome. Even without Jesus, life will throw things at us, because that's life, but we'll be heading down to hell. But if we're with Jesus, we will be more than conquerors. Did Jesus ever say it'd be easy? No. He set us and example, and that was one example he gave! It was like nothing anyone else will ever be able to achieve. If you want to be a conqueror, to make it into heaven, you'll have to face the challenges, and beat them. Whether you like to or not.

The trials you face, will make you a better person, if you endure them.

Jas 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
Jas 1:3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
Jas 1:4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

James tells us that we should REJOICE in our strife. Perhaps we should try doing that.

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
Hi

When one becomes a christian he or she accepts the rules God has given for living life,we live in a world with a different set of rules and the game is theirs,they win because they either have no rules or are able to modify them at will...God's standards are more likely to put you in the street with nothing than it is to put you in the winner's circle...same with everything else.The bible tells us not to envy them because their time is short,short from God's perspective and not ours.

There are times when God's standards will reward you but you should never expect that to be the norm because you will be disappointed,and it is also helpful to remember that God's dictionary is different from ours with "good" and "bad" often having different meanings than what we give them....Jesus said that in this world we would have tribulation both as a consequence of following him and as a result of living in a sinful world.

God's perspective is eternity and he can see it as reality while we are called to accept it by faith...God does not want anyone to follow him for obvious rewards only but to have a love in our Heart for him,his word and his law...most of what you hear about the law in modern christian circles is either dismissive,derogatory or both but the bible says God's law will last forever.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
What you are talking about is what we have been called to. Suffering is not foreign to Jesus or His followers.

Through much tribulation you will enter the Kingdom of God. (Acts 14:22).

All those that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. (2 Tim 3:12).

1Pe 5:9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
1Pe 5:10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

1Pe 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

Here are some positive answers:

2Ti_2:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Rom 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2Th 1:4 So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure:
2Th 1:5 Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

1Pe 4:13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
1Pe 4:14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

Mat 5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Axehead

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi

Life is hard for everyone - one person's hangnail is another person's tragedy. Serving God is the only way to discover the true meaning of life. Everyone faces loss in life - may as well accept God's justification and sanctification along the way.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Plenty of wealth in Hollywood . Most messed up people in the world.

Plenty of poor Christians around. Some of the happiest people in the world.

We are not Christians in order to gain wealth. We are Christians in order to attain eternal life in paradise

Earning money is not hard. Knowing how not to spend it takes talent.

Nearly everybody has money. Then they get rid of it quick. Then they wonder why they have no money.

Smart people call them idiots. Idiots call themselves victims.

Some televangelists made $80 million a year , then ended up in scandal and then jail.

Lots of wealthy Columbia Drug Lords. Lots of dead ones too.

Lots of wealthy rock stars. Most die young .

Lots of rich Mafia. A couple of them are actually still alive. At least for now.

Hells Angels are not poor. They have No peace either. And no savior. Hell is like that.

George Soros has lots of dough. He's an evil manipulator behind the scenes. Even handed his fellow Jews to the Nazis in WW2

Some day the poor christian will wander the streets . .... Mind you the streets will be paved in gold.

Better then than now.

Reactions: Groundzero

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
Hi

Nothing has happened to any person that is not common to happen to people. Those who are serving God don't see anything that the world posses as being wealth. Those who are serving God have the Spirit that created the heavens and the earth. The same Spirit that will destroy the heavens and earth and create new ones. What wealth exists in what is perishing?

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi

Don't you just love those 'Why did/does God' questions?
Consider Job, he had both extremes.
My knee jerk reaction is that God chastens those whom He loves.

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
There is no need to put a smiley face on poverty or financial struggle,it is neither holy or makes one a better christian....it's just a hard way to live...people who have money and are unhappy are not victims of having money they are just plain stupid,to be belessed with finacial freedom and to be able to live your life doing something you love rather that something you do to make money is a blessing often bestowed on fools...let these fools do nothing but work and sleep for 35 years and see how they like it

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
Hi

What is the difference?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
...because great wealth doesn't get you into the Kingdom of Heaven, faith in Jesus does.

Matthew 6
[sup]24 [/sup]“No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.

Mark 10
[sup]23 [/sup]Then Jesus looked around and said to His disciples, “How hard it is for those who have riches to enter the kingdom of God!” [sup]24 [/sup]And the disciples were astonished at His words. But Jesus answered again and said to them, “Children, how hard it is for those who trust in riches to enter the kingdom of God! [sup]25 [/sup]It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”
[sup]26 [/sup]And they were greatly astonished, saying among themselves, “Who then can be saved?”
[sup]27 [/sup]But Jesus looked at them and said, “With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible.”
[sup]28 [/sup]Then Peter began to say to Him, “See, we have left all and followed You.”
[sup]29 [/sup]So Jesus answered and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My sake and the gospel’s, [sup]30 [/sup]who shall not receive a hundredfold now in this time—houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions—and in the age to come, eternal life. [sup]31 [/sup]But many who are first will be last, and the last first.”

1 Peter 1
[sup]6 [/sup]In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, [sup]7 [/sup]that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, [sup]8 [/sup]whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, [sup]9 [/sup]receiving the end of your faiththe salvation of your souls.

Blessings!!!

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
Wealth does not get you into heaven but neither does poverty...we criticise wealth the most because poverty is the easiest to attain....the low hanging easily reached fruit of life,if we are "rich" then we comfort ourselves that we are one rung up the ladder from those who are "rich" forgetting that "rich" is a relative term that can apply to any individual depending on the comparison of their situation to another....bottom line is you are no better than anyone else regardless of what you have or don't have and regardless of what they do or don't have.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
we criticise wealth the most because poverty is the easiest to attain.

Jesus did not mention anything about those who are poor in this scripture but rather those who have and who trust in riches.

Mark 10
[sup]23 [/sup]Then Jesus looked around and said to His disciples, “How hard it is for those who have riches to enter the kingdom of God!” [sup]24 [/sup]And the disciples were astonished at His words. But Jesus answered again and said to them, “Children, how hard it is for those who trust in riches to enter the kingdom of God!

bottom line is you are no better than anyone else regardless of what you have or don't have and regardless of what they do or don't have.

That seems to contradicts what Jesus says in the verse above...

The OPer asked why God imparts great wealth and sometimes fame to unbelievers, yet those who serve God by faith seem to go through a lot of hardship...

Shalom!!!

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
Jesus did not mention anything about those who are poor in this scripture but rather those who have and who trust in riches.

Mark 10
[sup]23 [/sup]Then Jesus looked around and said to His disciples, “How hard it is for those who have riches to enter the kingdom of God!” [sup]24 [/sup]And the disciples were astonished at His words. But Jesus answered again and said to them, “Children, how hard it is for those who trust in riches to enter the kingdom of God!

That seems to contradicts what Jesus says in the verse above...

The OPer asked why God imparts great wealth and sometimes fame to unbelievers, yet those who serve God by faith seem to go through a lot of hardship...

Shalom!!!

That was not the point of my post,my point was and is that getting wealth,and we will assume for the sake of arguement getting it honestly, takes for the most part work,effort and sacrifice and how easy it is for people who have not done those things to assume that people who have are headed for hell while they are headed for heaven simply because they did not do those things...its much easier to qualify yourself for having done nothing than it is for having done something....if having wealth were a sin described in the bible then those who are "poor" by comparison would have any easy path...but it isn't and they don't.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I understand what you are saying and I agree with your viewpoint on this, however, I also have an opinion. You only took one part of my synopsis and forgot the other part. That part is about faith. Wealth doesn't get you to heaven...faith in Jesus does. :)

Bless ya!

calvaryoakville

Jul 20, 2012
canada
all i know is that, its a test of faith , i believe that being a Christian is not an easy situation , i do even have the same problem , i just keep in mind that everything that is happening to me has a purpose , our God is shaping us through circumstances , again a test of faith :)

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
being wealthy has little to do with having a lot of money.