God's method of answering prayer.....J.C. Philpot

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the first 30 years of my life I was raised in the Church with my family but not one prayer was answered.

Then I met a girl in the "Jesus movement" of the 70's. She was Charismatic - Spirit-filled. We debated through letters and when I would write back that the Perfect was the Bible, I kept reading 1 Cor. 13 to see what else I could write to her to teach her the foolishness of her beliefs. All it took was reading to the end of the chapter to find that she was right! I praise God I lost that debate. It took 6 years before I found the key to repentance, the prerequisite of being filled with the Spirit. Repentance is not us turning away from sin in our own power as I was taught growing up, but telling God the truth. I didn't want to stop sinning. I liked my sin. I confessed this to God, that I was too weak to turn away in my own power; He was stronger than I was so for Him to move this sin out of my grasp. And He did. This was the first prayer in my life He answered. Two weeks later God filled me with His Spirit after supernaturally showing me a vision of my sin, and speaking to me the first words I ever heard from Him. I've learned through this gift of hearing His voice not to pray for myself my needs, but to wait until He quotes what I am to pray. I've obeyed that Word of Wisdom to me, and since them 100% of my prayers have been answered.

And I don't mean the world's answer to unanswered prayer, that God said, "NO!" That is not scriptural. It is praying amiss.

1 John 5:
14 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 15 And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.

It is the difference between making God your servant and standing on His promises, and us waiting on Him in obedience knowing that He knows our needs even before we do.

Last edited: