God's 'pet peeve'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This came up in another thread, and this morning He asked me to post on this.

The Lord has what might be called, "His pet peeve" - you know what I mean - it's that thing that bothers you about other people. Well God has something that bothers Him about people, and that is that they don't spend much time, indeed for some it is any time, listening to Him.

Now He was telling me this morning that all people should be listening to Him, but it really bothers Him (His pet peeve) that the people called by His name don't listen to Him more. To Him, it doesn't seem like too much a thing that His people called by His name should at the very least spend some time listening to Him and everyday called "Today".

In fact, He was explaining to me, that His work (God's work) is that all should come to know the Son (Who is called the Word of God because He owns the words of God - the Father gave them to Him). And of course getting to know the Word of God (Jesus Christ) would then mean that you spend time listening to Him. Yet God has to "work" at getting people to listen to Him!!

Now in the other thread where this came up, the phrase 'pet peeve" was use to imply that I had a little problem with other people. Actually it was a fairly observant comment, because I suppose I do have a little problem 'pet peeve' with us people not listening to the Lord. Indeed, when I serve the Lord the work He has me help Him with of course trying to get people to come to know Him - which is to say that I try to get people to listen to Him! That is God's work so it is obviously the work I get when helping Him! Even I have to work on listening to Him more myself.

So yes, it is a pet peeve of mine, just like it is a pet peeve of the Lord's that His people have and still tend to say "Let not God speak to us"

I mean, if you brought your people to your mountain just to talk to them, wouldn't you too be a little ticked off if they said they didn't want to hear from you??

That is His pet peeve - and He asked me to let you know.

Ex 20:19 Then they said to Moses, “Speak to us yourself and we will listen; but let not God speak to us ...

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
One summer I bought a little wind chime for my back garden. It is only small and makes a very pretty sound when the wind blows on it. The first day I put it up my husband said he couldn't hear it, but there was quite a lot of background noise; a road sweeper in the back street and a neighbour operating some sort of machinery. Through all that noise, unheard, the little chimes were ringing but we could only hear them when we were standing very close to them.

It was a life lesson and I realised that hearing God's voice is a bit like that. Sometimes there is so much going on in our lives that we can't hear him at all. And in order to do so we must move in closer. At other times it can be so quiet and peaceful that we hear the sound of the wind chimes, and the Holy Spirit, with no difficulty.

Reactions: Karl Peters

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's pet peve I would say would be us, humans.
Genesis 6:6

1hC2dTn

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

1hC2dTn
He loves us humans, he is our Father, and just like any parent he must get sad that we don't listen to him properly.

Reactions: Nancy

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

1hC2dTn
Don't you think it's odd that we assume God has something against us after he gave his life while we were sinners?
Can we get our head around that one?
Maybe we think we are not supposed to be sinners but continue to be sinners that has those accusing voices active......which we then superimpose on God assuming it is he who is doing the accusing?

Reactions: Nancy

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1hC2dTn

This so wrong!!

We cannot be compared to His pet peeves, but perhaps there could be a comparison to His pets? There is a comparison to us being like His sheep, and I suppose a sheep could be thought of as a pet, but His sheep hear His voice!!

You hear the love and concern that He has for you!!

You hear the guidance that He provides for you!!

You see that He watches over you!!

So, if we who are called by His name have listened at all we surely must know that we His sheep are not His pet peeve but more like His pets which He really loves. Thus the pet peeve - the thing that bothers Him about us who might be compared to His pets, is that we don't listen to Him. We tend to wonder off and get lost.

Of course, those that are badly lost to Him. They who will not listen at all! Perhaps they have even made themselves enemies of God to their demise?

Still, even they are His creation. Still, He stands at the door and knocks with His voice so that if anyone opens up to Him, He will come in and talk with them and them with Him. Still, the desire of His heart is that none should perish.

So then, His pet-peeve is that we people as a whole don't seek Him and what He as to say to us personally!! Those that do have been called His sheep. Those that do can be like friends to Him. Those that do listen to Him are even called sons and daughters of the Most High. Those that do as a whole are even thought of as His bride, even as His body if you listen to Him and take action as He asks so that you are an extension of Him.

So, if anyone reads this thread and thinks it means you are pet-peeve of His is being misled and badly! It is are thinking that so we don't turn to Him who is love! He created us, so to think that He who is love considers us His pet-peeve instead of those He wishes to love on is foolishness! What spirit tells people that - not the Holy Spirit of God! So don't listen to that - but listen to Him who wants to talk to you and is indeed just waiting for us to let Him into our lives.

Rev 3:19-22 ‘Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent. ‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me. ‘He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne. ‘He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’”

People - if anyone reading this is thinking that they are a pet-peeve of His then repent of that. Overcome those thoughts that say He will not speak to you. Start seeking Jesus Christ who sends His Holy Spirit to speak His words to your spirit. I too understand that because of all we know deep inside that we have done wrong, it seems to be easier to think we are His pet-peeve - yet He wants to love on you! He wants to teach you, counsel you, joke with you and if you develop a personal relationship with Him by talking back and forth with Him, then you will at some point He Him tell you personally that He loves you.

I remember so clearly the first time I heard Him tell me, "Karl, I love you." I remember how the thought of Him loving someone like me, a sinner, just overwhelmed me and tears flooded down my face making it hard to see the upcoming stop sign I was approaching while driving next to a church He was to later have me working at to heal people as an extension of Him (part of His body working there).

He once told me: "Like instructions are given to servants, wisdom to son, jokes to friends, so I love you is said to a bride."

If indeed you start hearing from Him you will get instructions, and wisdom like that above, even jokes as His friend, and most importantly you will hear Him personally tell you that He loves you!!

You are not His pet-peeve - but many husbands have called their wife their pet. He loves us - so of course His pet peeve is that we don't talk to Him more!!