God's voice & the Spirit within me

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JIP

Dec 7, 2007
God's voice & the Spirit within meI have read and I have listened to many tell me and others. I have heard it in the church pulpits, I have heard it in seminars and bible classes. I dug deep the Word of God, I tried whatever the Word tells me to do. But still I do not know what they are talking about.1.Does God speak to you in an audible voice?. Does God need an audible sound to speak to us from within us. Is it as simple as they say, it is, to tune into this frequency of God and immediately hear Him talk to you?Anyone with this experience please tell us what is the voice you hear. What does it sound like. What is the tone and temperament with which it is spoken to you? If it is an audible voice as some say, why don't they reply in an audible voice too?2. Often we say we must walk in the spirit, worship in the spirit, live in the spirit, pray in the spirit, we must read the bible in the spirit, We must evaluate Gods word in the spirit. How can one feel the Spirit? How can I sense the spirit?If anyone can throw some light on their experiences it would be a great help for my understanding.JIP

wingnut

Aug 10, 2007
Hi JipI have never heard a voice, and I don't listen to my dreams (I know others might).I believe in feeling conviction about something, and checking that it is in line with the word.God spoke to folks in the OT in various ways, like a still small voice to Elijah, a voice to Samuel, dreams to Daniel and Jacob, angels to Manoah, Abraham and Lot. Joseph was warned of Herod in a dream. But I think most Christians have the Comforter (Christ in us through the Spirit_ which convicts their conscience when they need to change on something.

JIP

Dec 7, 2007
Amen Wingnut I am in agreement with you.I just wanted information from people whoclaim that they hear God audibly. If one claims that they have heard Godsaudible voice, it is also their responsibiltyto tell us when we ask.Be Blessed As AlwaysJIP

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
I only hear God through His words. I can't hear God in a man's teaching that claims to be infallible. (even claiming a church being infallible)JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

JIP

Dec 7, 2007
It means to say that you are directed and corrected by Gods Word through a teaching of the Word, devoid of audible sounds.Very honest superjag, thanks.But then why do people so casually say that God told them this and that to tell us and that this morning God was telling me that I should do this and that. Is all this a false claim? Be Blessed As AlwaysJIP

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(JIP;29489)
It means to say that you are directed and corrected by Gods Word through a teaching of the Word, devoid of audible sounds.Very honest superjag, thanks.But then why do people so casually say that God told them this and that to tell us and that this morning God was telling me that I should do this and that. Is all this a false claim? Be Blessed As AlwaysJIP
God works in mysterious ways. However, most of the time, they claim to hear God by preaching false doctrines that is exactly not there in the bible...such as...Pre-Trib Rapture Mid-Trib Rapture Post-Trib RaptureEating a literal fruit off a literal tree called "knowledge of good and evil"Calling a church (that is a literal building) being called infallibleMary is sinlessGod started the world with sinThat Adam & Eve are the first two people existed on Earth...having God forcing Cain to create incest with his sisterThere are only eight souls existed on the ark, and then randomly automatically changed into another raceJagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

JIP

Dec 7, 2007
Wow Superjag you are leading into deep waters.In agreement to most as of today.Do you have posts on all these in this forum?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(JIP;29494)
Wow Superjag you are leading into deep waters.In agreement to most as of today.Do you have posts on all these in this forum?
Yes to all of them...maybe except claiming a church to be infallible (which I find it ridiculous anyway)(I consider Pre Trib, Mid-Trib, Post-Trib as one and the same teaching)JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
(JIP;29489)
It is impossible to know the experience of others. Never having actually "heard" the voice of God makes me wonder if perhaps those that claim they have are playing a game of one-up-manship over others. Especially those on television :naughty:. Be very careful of them.But, saying that.....I don't know. He guides me and when I ask for help, especially with a Biblical question, He always provides it. To me, that is hearing from God...that and signs, coincidences that occur. They always make me smile and feel that He is with me and occasionally it is even stronger than that but I have never actually "heard" our Father. If I did I imagine it would scare me to death :angel3:. .........Whirlwind

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I truly believe God speaks to us but its in such a suttle way we often do not recognize it God speaks in that quite little voice we all have inside that voice we all hear that says this is not good,do not go there, or that feeling that this is right. Many of you have for example heard a teaching that you suddenly know you are hearing a truth then you can look to the word to confirm it and its suddenly so obvious you can not believe you didn't see it before.If we would listen to that little voice inside more we would be better off but it is human nature to reason it away as your mind playing tricks on you or you let the desires of the flesh reason away the thought. I dont think the problem is God doesnt speak to us its more we do not listen when he does.

wingnut

Aug 10, 2007
(whirlwind;29499)
It is impossible to know the experience of others. Never having actually "heard" the voice of God makes me wonder if perhaps those that claim they have are playing a game of one-up-manship over others. Especially those on television :naughty:. Be very careful of them.But, saying that.....I don't know. He guides me and when I ask for help, especially with a Biblical question, He always provides it. To me, that is hearing from God...that and signs, coincidences that occur. They always make me smile and feel that He is with me and occasionally it is even stronger than that but I have never actually "heard" our Father. If I did I imagine it would scare me to death :angel3:. .........Whirlwind
Good points Whirlwind.Have you ever tried persuading someone otherwise when they say "The Lord told me to....." followed by something incredibly stupid?The Lord led me to uproot myself, and disrupt my whole family and go to XYZ.This is what someone I know did - felt led to go to another place.All their 20 year old kids who were living with them, were left behind, and scattered to the wind. Years later they are still picking up the pieces.That is not to say that the Lord does not lead, and like you say, reveal his word.But in retrospect, even they admit that moving was not the Lord's will, because the effects were disruptive.Just on this last point, I take it as a sign of sorts, that when I plan to do something and it all falls into place smoothly, it often is of the Lord. When everything seems to oppose it, then I wonder. That has been my experience at any rate. But always, it is my choice in the end. And even when one makes wrong choices, and confesses these as wrong - then the Lord can bless one by starting to deliver one out of these bad circumstances.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(wingnut;29543)
Good points Whirlwind.Have you ever tried persuading someone otherwise when they say "The Lord told me to....." followed by something incredibly stupid?The Lord led me to uproot myself, and disrupt my whole family and go to XYZ.This is what someone I know did - felt led to go to another place.All their 20 year old kids who were living with them, were left behind, and scattered to the wind. Years later they are still picking up the pieces.That is not to say that the Lord does not lead, and like you say, reveal his word.But in retrospect, even they admit that moving was not the Lord's will, because the effects were disruptive.Just on this last point, I take it as a sign of sorts, that when I plan to do something and it all falls into place smoothly, it often is of the Lord. When everything seems to oppose it, then I wonder. That has been my experience at any rate. But always, it is my choice in the end. And even when one makes wrong choices, and confesses these as wrong - then the Lord can bless one by starting to deliver one out of these bad circumstances.
Yes I have seen these situations and agree this is not God speakingI am a big believer if God wants it to happen he will create the right circumstances and it will fall into place with little imput from you

JIP

Dec 7, 2007
So the original question of this thread, does God speak in a audible voice and can someone who says they hear God speak to them to throw light on the matter, I am beginning to understand from the above few posts that, God does not speak in an audible voice. In fact it seems as God speaks to us through His1. Word2. Our thoughts3. Through conversations with others4. Through circumstances.So its can be categorized as a spontaneous flow of thoughts that light upon our minds?Why then do people use the word 'spoke' and 'heard', why don't they use 'felt' or 'understood' or 'realized'. The former is supernatural and the latter is natural. I'd rather be natural and I will not be lying.Be Blessed Always

poetboy

Jul 2, 2007
this is true... sometimes i think of this and i ask the same question. But i agree with all the others. When things fall into the right circumstances, then it is not opposed by God, he might have even caused it because it's his will. But when things go opposite to what YOUR plans are, you should reconsider. But i dont know why some people apparently say the "heard" God talk to them, i believe i heard God once, when i got saved, but it was a thought. A thought that i didn't think, which is the wierd thing (if that makes sense)..but nevertheless.. If God was to speak to you it would be frightening. I also believe in dreams, though i haven't had many spiritual ones as of late.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I have used the simlar term God put it on my heart but that is not an auidable voice but rather a deep sense of knowing a feeling I get that I have learned to reconize not sure I can explain it ,its like a I will pray on a question at times and suddenly from what seems out of no where I know the answer in my mind but it comes with a joyous feeling in my soul also dont know if that makes sense or not

JIP

Dec 7, 2007
Yeah guys we seem to be hitting the nail right on it's head.There seems to be no audible voice. But I am surprised thatpeople who always say that "God spoke to them", will usuallykeep out of this kind of discussion. :naughty:

poetboy

Jul 2, 2007
(kriss;29641)
I have used the simlar term God put it on my heart but that is not an auidable voice but rather a deep sense of knowing a feeling I get that I have learned to reconize not sure I can explain it ,its like a I will pray on a question at times and suddenly from what seems out of no where I know the answer in my mind but it comes with a joyous feeling in my soul also dont know if that makes sense or not
ya it's hard to explain..but it's definately how the holy spirt works. See it really isn't about God talking to people, it's about his holy spirit- which is the spirit of truth and faith- who is discerning you of things in this world, according to god, because we are of god, so therefore his holy spirit gives us the answers to questions or concerns we have. God is not talking to us in an audible voice. his personal presence is not of this world. But he says seek my face, which is in the spirit world, and we cannot witness him in this life physically (that includes audibly)...but if someone ever does, then obviously God has a plan for them, such as he did saul, who heard an audible voice. and that is scary..very scary! lol but true:cool:

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(poetboy;29639)
this is true... sometimes i think of this and i ask the same question. But i agree with all the others. When things fall into the right circumstances, then it is not opposed by God, he might have even caused it because it's his will. But when things go opposite to what YOUR plans are, you should reconsider. But i dont know why some people apparently say the "heard" God talk to them, i believe i heard God once, when i got saved, but it was a thought. A thought that i didn't think, which is the wierd thing (if that makes sense)..but nevertheless.. If God was to speak to you it would be frightening. I also believe in dreams, though i haven't had many spiritual ones as of late.
I have to believe in dreams because I have them but we need to very cautious with dreams and apply much discernment for a spicy taco can cause us to dream I have found that my message dreams are nothing like regular dreams you can not mistake one for the other I have compared the differce in an anology one is like listening to the radiothe other is like being at a live concertOne hears the radio with one sense (hearing) and you just listen along when I have message dreams I know my body is asleep but I am awake and experiance it as an event with all my senses I see the brilliant colors feel the emotions smell the aromas for allintensive purposes I am awake though my body sleeps I can often ask questions and get answers from somewhere I often get told things my mind did not know But still great discernment should be taken in these matters If its not 100% biblical or truth it is not from God