• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe as we serve the sovereign God, he will fulfill his promises until us through our faith!
2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people,who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

As I age, I realize more & more the fraility of these tabernacles of clay in which, we abide as sons / daughters of God. These are what houses the sweet Spirit of God.
1 Corinthians 6:19- 20-
Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price.
Therefore honor God with your body.

There are ways naturally and spiritually to accomplish this. I'd like to discuss both of these ways, in love.

Heart health:❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Anxiety & Depression
Proverbs 12:25 -
An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up.
(Phillippians 4:6-7 tells us to be anxious for nothing but in prayer and thanksgiving to take it to him in prayer)
Proverbs 17:22 -
A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.
( Laughter/joy )
Proverbs 12:25 -
Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good word maketh it glad.
Proverbs 16:24 -
Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
(encouragement)
Proverbs 14:30
A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones.
( contentment )
Psalm 147:3
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
Jeremiah 33:6
Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security.
( faith/trust in God )
Grief
Grieving saddens the heart and distorts or colors the way we see & hear others and from God !
Revelation 21:4 -
He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
Since Christ is acquainted with grief he too can heal our grief in this present day as well as the promise above at his return. This will cause us to utilize the joy we have " in him"!
Malachi 4:2 -
But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall.
Matthew 11:28-29
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you restres. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
( rest is found only in him in our heart & minds)

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The body is made from dust and it's components can be found in common dirt.
We of faith, however, have the precious promise of God to put off these corruptible bodies at the day of our changing and it resurrection.

This does not void his promises to us healing and good heath as we live for him in this flesh.
As Christians, we can take care of our physical bodies by working out (even making exercise an act of worship!), whether that is taking walks, doing a few stretches at home, or going to a gym or class. These are all good ways to keep our bodies in good shape.

In him we have healing from sin and the ravages it commits upon these bodies.
Isaiah 53:5
But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds, we are healed.

Psalm 103:2-4 -
Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits- who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion.

This is the key to our spiritual healing......
1 Peter 2:24 - Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
( believing in whom he IS)
How do we know him and learn this ?
Proverbs 4:20-22-
My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to a man's whole body.

Proverbs 3:5-8
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your body.

Exodus 15:26 -
He said, "If you listen carefully to the voice of the LORD your Godand do what is right in his eyes, and if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the LORD, who heals you."

1 Timothy 4:8-
For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.

Romans 1:16-17
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Jeremiah 33:6 -
Behold, I will bring it health and cure, and I will cure them, and will reveal unto them the abundance of peace and TRUTH.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest in the truth.

3 John 1:2-8 KJV -

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proverbs 4:20-23 (see John 8:51, Proverbs 5:1,2, James 1:22… Most Christians don’t do this – BIG MISTAKE!)
Attend to My words; incline your ear unto My sayings....let them not depart from your eyes; keep them in the midst of your heart....for they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh....keep your heart with all diligence; for out of it flow the forces of life.

Psalms 91:9,10 (see Luke 10:19, 1 John 2:6, James 4:7)
Because you have made the LORD, which is My refuge, even the most High, your habitation;
There shall no evil fall upon you, neither shall any plague come near your household.

(only applicable to those that have submitted their lives to the Lord, walking in the Spirit by allowing God's Word to remain IN them… have I made the Lord my habitation? Am I living IN CHRIST by allowing Him to live in Me?)

1 Peter 2:24
Jesus carried our sins in his own body on the cross, so that we, being dead to sin, should live unto righteousness: by Whose stripes you were healed.

Matthew 8:17
That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.

Isaiah 53:4, 5
Jesus has carried our grief (pain, anxiety, calamity, disease, sickness), and carried our sorrows (anguish, affliction, feelings of pain, sadness and sorrow): yet we did esteem Him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted....but He was wounded (to wound, to break, be slain or killed) for our transgressions, He was bruised (crush, destroy, oppress, to collapse) for our iniquities: the punishment (violence, rebuke) of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed. (He took our wounds, so we could take his wholeness & health in every area of life)

James 5:14,15
Is any sick among you? (there shouldn’t be) let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. (Unfortunately, it’s near impossible now to find elders that follow God’s Word that know how to pray the prayer of faith… so one MUST learn how to pray / receive directly from the Lord for themselves!... God never mentions calling a physician but instead says "the prayer of faith shall save the sick")

Exodus 15:26
If you will diligently listen to the voice of the LORD your God, and will do that which is right in His sight, and will give ear to His commandments, and keep all His statutes, I will not put (allow) any diseases upon you, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that heals you. (Walk in the Spirit – See Romans 8)

Exodus 23:24-26
You shall not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do their works: but you shall utterly overthrow them, and destroy their images (cast down imaginations and every high thing, see 2 Corinthians 10:5)
And you shall serve Adonai your God, and He shall bless your food and drink; and I will take sickness away from the midst of you.
There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: and you will live out the full span of your lives.

James 4:3
You ask, and receive not, because you ask wrongly, that you may use for your own fleshly desires.
*Some ask for healing with no intention of walking with the Lord (being led by His Word) and ask for themselves for their own selfish motives not being in agreement with the Lord’s purpose for their lives which is to live their lives separated unto Him (Holy) departing from the desires of this world being in agreement with Him.

James 1:5-7
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that gives to all men liberally, in spite of their faults; and it shall be given him.
But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavers is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed… For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

Romans 8:11
But IF the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you (allowed to live in us), He that raised up Jesus Christ from the dead shall also quicken (energize, make alive) your mortal body by His Spirit that lives in you. (see 2 Corinthians 3:17 – where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty, freedom.. this includes healing!)

• Love
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proverbs 4:20-23 (see John 8:51, Proverbs 5:1,2, James 1:22… Most Christians don’t do this – BIG MISTAKE!)
Attend to My words; incline your ear unto My sayings....let them not depart from your eyes; keep them in the midst of your heart....for they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh....keep your heart with all diligence; for out of it flow the forces of life.

Psalms 91:9,10 (see Luke 10:19, 1 John 2:6, James 4:7)
Because you have made the LORD, which is My refuge, even the most High, your habitation;
There shall no evil fall upon you, neither shall any plague come near your household.

(only applicable to those that have submitted their lives to the Lord, walking in the Spirit by allowing God's Word to remain IN them… have I made the Lord my habitation? Am I living IN CHRIST by allowing Him to live in Me?)

1 Peter 2:24
Jesus carried our sins in his own body on the cross, so that we, being dead to sin, should live unto righteousness: by Whose stripes you were healed.

Matthew 8:17
That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.

Isaiah 53:4, 5
Jesus has carried our grief (pain, anxiety, calamity, disease, sickness), and carried our sorrows (anguish, affliction, feelings of pain, sadness and sorrow): yet we did esteem Him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted....but He was wounded (to wound, to break, be slain or killed) for our transgressions, He was bruised (crush, destroy, oppress, to collapse) for our iniquities: the punishment (violence, rebuke) of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed. (He took our wounds, so we could take his wholeness & health in every area of life)

James 5:14,15
Is any sick among you? (there shouldn’t be) let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. (Unfortunately, it’s near impossible now to find elders that follow God’s Word that know how to pray the prayer of faith… so one MUST learn how to pray / receive directly from the Lord for themselves!... God never mentions calling a physician but instead says "the prayer of faith shall save the sick")

Exodus 15:26
If you will diligently listen to the voice of the LORD your God, and will do that which is right in His sight, and will give ear to His commandments, and keep all His statutes, I will not put (allow) any diseases upon you, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that heals you. (Walk in the Spirit – See Romans 8)

Exodus 23:24-26
You shall not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do their works: but you shall utterly overthrow them, and destroy their images (cast down imaginations and every high thing, see 2 Corinthians 10:5)
And you shall serve Adonai your God, and He shall bless your food and drink; and I will take sickness away from the midst of you.
There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: and you will live out the full span of your lives.

James 4:3
You ask, and receive not, because you ask wrongly, that you may use for your own fleshly desires.
*Some ask for healing with no intention of walking with the Lord (being led by His Word) and ask for themselves for their own selfish motives not being in agreement with the Lord’s purpose for their lives which is to live their lives separated unto Him (Holy) departing from the desires of this world being in agreement with Him.

James 1:5-7
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that gives to all men liberally, in spite of their faults; and it shall be given him.
But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavers is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed… For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

Romans 8:11
But IF the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you (allowed to live in us), He that raised up Jesus Christ from the dead shall also quicken (energize, make alive) your mortal body by His Spirit that lives in you. (see 2 Corinthians 3:17 – where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty, freedom.. this includes healing!)
Thank you.
I was waiting to add these verses also if there were any responses.

Today many have the opinion God owes them bc he has promised. They discount the requirements to receiving the promises and blessings of God !

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is true. God did promise and paid for us to be well but it's not automatically applied to use which is also true concerning salvation.

God gave man free will so it's possible that we can do things that can prevent the Lord from providing blessings to us that He desires for us to have. Things like unbelief (choosing to not believe His promises), living in sin (He's not going to bless us to be able to sin more!), un-forgiveness against others, etc.

An interesting point in all this can be realized by understanding what Jesus taught in Mark 4:13-20 where He says the Word of God is the incorruptible seed and we are the soil the Word is being sown in to.

He tells us that there are 5 things that if allowed to enter in, can choke the Word and it will become unfruitful in our lives and these 5 things are: persecution, affliction, cares of this world, lusts of other things, and deceitfulness of riches (which troubles those that don't have money as much or more than those that do)

Strategically, the devil knows that there is power in God's Word so in order to get someone to not walk in God's power and to become weak, the devil uses these 5 things and tries to get us to allow these things to be sown in to us to choke out God's Word.

It's very important to know how the enemy operates so we can be aware of his tricks in order to avoid them.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is true. God did promise and paid for us to be well but it's not automatically applied to use which is also true concerning salvation.

God gave man free will so it's possible that we can do things that can prevent the Lord from providing blessings to us that He desires for us to have. Things like unbelief (choosing to not believe His promises), living in sin (He's not going to bless us to be able to sin more!), un-forgiveness against others, etc.

An interesting point in all this can be realized by understanding what Jesus taught in Mark 4:13-20 where He says the Word of God is the incorruptible seed and we are the soil the Word is being sown in to.

He tells us that there are 5 things that if allowed to enter in, can choke the Word and it will become unfruitful in our lives and these 5 things are: persecution, affliction, cares of this world, lusts of other things, and deceitfulness of riches (which troubles those that don't have money as much or more than those that do)

Strategically, the devil knows that there is power in God's Word so in order to get someone to not walk in God's power and to become weak, the devil uses these 5 things and tries to get us to allow these things to be sown in to us to choke out God's Word.

It's very important to know how the enemy operates so we can be aware of his tricks in order to avoid them.
I feel there may be some whom think " I'm born again" so now I'm untouchable.

This could NOT be further from the truth, as satan roams about seeking whom he may devour and it's NOT his own he wants to destroy but those of the faith.

I do not understand the blase approach to his word by some. It is through the word we receive all things,ie promises, blessings, encouragement, edification,correct, ect.
Without the knowledge of his word we wander in dimly lit paths and some are total darkness !