Grace

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean by "covered"?

I don't know what I mean :) we are in grace (Christ) and life is handled by grace. In Christ there is nothing that goes on outside of grace (Christ). Grace is a person, and everything in the believers life is taken care of by Christ. We live by Christ, we don't do anything to live but understand Christ as life. Circumstances and situations nolonger have a power over a believer. They still come but do not have the same effect because a knowing believer understands there purpose (the C & S gang) We address daily life by Christ (grace). In scripture it is called living what you know, and is a responsibility of a believer to live grace.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Mercy = I didn't get what I deserved. Whew!
Grace = I got what I didn't deserve. Thank You, Lord.
God didn't heal Paul but said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness." - from 2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV

Reactions: Nancy and soul man

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know what I mean :) we are in grace (Christ) and life is handled by grace. In Christ there is nothing that goes on outside of grace (Christ). Grace is a person, and everything in the believers life is taken care of by Christ. We live by Christ, we don't do anything to live but understand Christ as life. Circumstances and situations nolonger have a power over a believer. They still come but do not have the same effect because a knowing believer understands there purpose (the C & S gang) We address daily life by Christ (grace). In scripture it is called living what you know, and is a responsibility of a believer to live grace.

So then living in Christ who was sinless, Grace gives us to power to be sinless also. Right?

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then living in Christ who was sinless, Grace gives us to power to be sinless also. Right?

Jesus father was God so no sin nature there, he had the nature of his father as we do now by Christ. Sin or sinning or separation or old man, all synonymous meaning the same thing. Sinless in spirit, but in soul mind no. What is soul mind? It is the organ of expression, your creation. We were subject to the sin nature as we are subject to Christ nature now, that is what we need our minds renewed to, our new life - nature - spirit - Christ life -divine God nature. The nature of God is in Christ. No never sinless in soul, only in spirit.

Our famous scripture as believers (1 John 3:8-9)

8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Then we have soul sins or sins of the flesh. Flesh comes about by mind given to body, sins of the flesh. (1 John 1:10)

If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. - 1 John 1:10.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus father was God so no sin nature there, he had the nature of his father as we do now by Christ. Sin or sinning or separation or old man, all synonymous meaning the same thing. Sinless in spirit, but in soul mind no. What is soul mind? It is the organ of expression, your creation. We were subject to the sin nature as we are subject to Christ nature now, that is what we need our minds renewed to, our new life - nature - spirit - Christ life -divine God nature. The nature of God is in Christ. No never sinless in soul, only in spirit.

Our famous scripture as believers (1 John 3:8-9)

8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Then we have soul sins or sins of the flesh. Flesh comes about by mind given to body, sins of the flesh. (1 John 1:10)

If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. - 1 John 1:10.

We have the mind of Christ. So I have to disagree.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have it or is it available? I have witnessed many a Christian including myself that didn't look like the mind of Christ, do you have a thought on that?

I was in church for 30 years without having the Holy Spirit in me, but when I finally repented and became filled with the Spirit everything turned over 180 degrees, and I was free.

Reactions: soul man

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So far the discussion of grace is obvious, therefore, almost trivial. So let's make it more provocative. Evangelical icon, C. S. Lewis, famously said, "The gates of Hell are locked from the inside." What he meant was this: if sinners find their way into an eternal Hell, they remain there by choice, not by divine fiat. So if at any time they choose to embrace God's grace, even in Hell, they can still repent, be transformed, and eventually ascend to heaven. God is love, and so, God continues to love even the denizens of Hell!

Reactions: soul man

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So far the discussion of grace is obvious, therefore, almost trivial. So let's make it more provocative. Evangelical icon, C. S. Lewis, famously said, "The gates of Hell are locked from the inside." What he meant was this: if sinners find their way into an eternal Hell, they remain there by choice, not by divine fiat. So if at any time they choose to embrace God's grace, even in Hell, they can still repent, be transformed, and eventually ascend to heaven. God is love, and so, God continues to love even the denizens of Hell!

Some of our all-knowing friends here will demand your head for this post.

Reactions: soul man and Nancy

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

C. S. Lewis said that? If once dead and then comes the judgment, you don't have a choice.

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
C. S. Lewis said that? If once dead and then comes the judgment, you don't have a choice.

Yes, "It is appointed unto humanity once to die, and after that the Judgement." But that raises the question of what can happen after the Judgment. Remember, Jesus preaches the Gospel to the wicked dead (1 Peter 3:19) and that implies that they have a chance to respond to His preaching. Why do you imagine that death stops God from loving sinners? Isn't God's essence love? And what would it mean for God to love sinners in Hell, if He was unwilling to respond to their cries for grace and their willingness to repent and be transformed by the Gospel? I may eventually start a thread on all the NT texts that support what C. S. Lewis teaches on this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, "It is appointed unto humanity once to die, and after that the Judgement." But that raises the question of what can happen after the Judgment. Remember, Jesus preaches the Gospel to the wicked dead (1 Peter 3:19) and that implies that they have a chance to respond to His preaching. Why do you imagine that death stops God from loving sinners? Isn't God's essence love? And what would it mean for God to love sinners in Hell, if He was unwilling to respond to their cries for grace and their willingness to repent and be transformed by the Gospel? I may eventually start a thread on al the NT texts that support what C. S. Lewis teaches on this point.

That is like Universalism, which I don't believe in.

1 Peter 3:19 is a hard one to answer. I don't know why Jesus preached to those killed in the flood.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is like Universalism, which I don't believe in.

1 Peter 3:19 is a hard one to answer. I don't know why Jesus preached to those killed in the flood.
Romans 5
12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Though they sinned, yet they didn't sin according to the one law that had been given, don't eat from That Tree. And since there had been no law given by which they were condemned, sin was not imputed.

In all but one instance (that being a "civic" context") preaching in the NT is to make proclamation of the Gospel, so I imagine that's what Jesus preached.

So my thinking is that Jesus preached the Gospel to a group of people who though they were disobedient, yet their sin was not imputed, and for those who received Him, Jesus "led captivity captive".

Much love!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 5
12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Though they sinned, yet they didn't sin according to the one law that had been given, don't eat from That Tree. And since there had been no law given by which they were condemned, sin was not imputed.

In all but one instance (that being a "civic" context") preaching in the NT is to make proclamation of the Gospel, so I imagine that's what Jesus preached.

So my thinking is that Jesus preached the Gospel to a group of people who though they were disobedient, yet their sin was not imputed, and for those who received Him, Jesus "led captivity captive".

Much love!

Keep reading - Paul wasn't finished. Romans 6:1-2