Great Secrets And Revelation Of The Cross

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great secrets and revelation of the cross

The glorious cross of Christ is Gods gift to a world lost and separated by the Adamic sin-nature, Eph. 2:3,

"Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others."

The commandment came to Adam, do not eat from this tree, Romans 7:8-12

"But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good."

Paul was never alive without the law, and speaks retrospectively of Adams disobedience and ultimate death by his newly received sin-nature, death-life.

Adam failed, just as Lucifer had failed to obey God.
Adam being created a living soul, in the image and likeness of God, could not give God what He wanted.
Lucifer, son (placed as a son) of the morning, could not give God what he wanted. Angels could not give him what he wanted.
We see no created being could not give him what he wanted. The simple fact is God would like to be loved, the way He loves.
Reciprocating love, the type of love He and His Son shared, the kind of love that would cause a Son to say "send me I'll go."

I had the question the other day asked "why was God so harsh in his judgements in the Old Testament."
I know God dealt with humanity based on their nature, he could not deal with them as a new creation because there were none.
He has always been a Father with Fatherly attributes, he could not express them in the Old Testament because there were none to express them to.

In all of man's success's and failure He knew He had a plan, a plan to birth His Own children with his nature in them.
Take a part of Himself (Christ) and place it in a believing sinner, Eph. 1:4. That is Grace, and the cross at the deepest level of God's plan. The thing that was hidden in God was, He was a Father, the cross will show how deep that relationship runs.

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Man could hardly obey the Law in the Mosaic Covenant, let alone be a new creation.

This took Jesus. Being our sacrifice, our atonement, our propitiation.
He was everything for man. Our example, our life, the light, and all those who believe in Jesus have His light in them and then can it be said that they are a new creation.
John 1:4
John 8:12
1 John 1:5
2 Corinthians 5:17

Reactions: soul man

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God would like to be loved, the way He loves.

The triune God loves and is loved by each member of the trinity.
As John repeatedly says God is love and this is due to his being able to love and recieve love from those whose love is not tainted by sin.
God the Father loves God the Son and God the Spirit equally and is loved by them back.

God has no need of our love or our worship etc. He created us out of love that we might experience life and love.

God planned salvation before he even created the universe. His plan 'A' involved Jesus going to the cross.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The triune God loves and is loved by each member of the trinity.
As John repeatedly says God is love and this is due to his being able to love and recieve love from those whose love is not tainted by sin.
God the Father loves God the Son and God the Spirit equally and is loved by them back.

God has no need of our love or our worship etc. He created us out of love that we might experience life and love.

God planned salvation before he even created the universe. His plan 'A' involved Jesus going to the cross.
As a father or mother, don't you appreciate the love of your children.
Everything we do now is based on our love for our father and Christ in us.
Everything else is law doing, doing to be who you already are, law in full bloom.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As a father or mother, don't you appreciate the love of your children.
Everything we do now is based on our love for our father and Christ in us.
Everything else is law doing, doing to be who you already are, law in full bloom.

It is a mistake to asign our thoughts and emotions to God.

All we know about God is what he has revealed to us. He uses what we can understand to explain what is beyond our comprehension.

You used the example of our love for our children. Take that illistration further, do you love your children enough to do what God did with Jesus?

This shows how futile it is to think that God's love is like our love for our children or for other people.