Greed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Macro = whole economy. Micro = individual economic actor.

When a stock market sends a letter telling people to invest or not, it has mixed results. Some worried, they pull out. Others leave it in with unnecessary stress, heartache. Others appreciate honesty.

Social networks affects investments. Socialization agents. Being realistically pessimistic is better than being unrealistically optimistic in terms of financial survival. Better than both is to have a realistic optimism, make your optimism real.

1 THESSALONIANS 5:16-18 ASV AMP CSB CEB TLV Rejoice always

Better to worry for something than for nothing.

Stock market seen as sinusoidal function that always inclines upwards, infinite growth unrealistic in this Earth of finite resources.

Biologically, increased life expectancy may be better. Monetarily, if you planned to die a decade earlier, can drain money, suffering, hard for family.

Family members may inherit debt when a relative dies, be careful.

Canada has 5 major banks, oligopoly. Silicon Valley bank collapsed since in US riskier. Canada only insured up to certain amount.

Canadian banks may be bailed out by government as hundreds of thousands of jobs may be lost. Like corporate bailouts from pandemic.

US people put money in mattress out of distrust for bank, so break ins more common. Physical cash is seen as “diversification” to some there.

Extreme poverty, middle, extreme wealth, curvilinear slope. Imagine a ball rolling, it has more kinetic potential at the top, to extrapolate and roll faster and faster by gravity into left poor right rich. At the bottom, that potential is lost. Wealth rarely lasts for more than few generations, so God refreshes this and creates more middle people with potential to roll.

1 Samuel 2:7 “The Lord makes poor and rich;He brings low, He also exalts.

1 Samuel 2:7 NASB

“The Lord makes poor and rich;

He brings low, He also exalts.

Proverbs 30:8 Keep deception and lies far from me,Give me neither poverty nor riches;Feed me with the food that is my portion,

Proverbs 30:8

Keep deception and lies far from me,

Give me neither poverty nor riches;

Feed me with the food that is my portion,

With greater riches comes great expectations. Money is like manure, it’s most useful when spread around. Like blood flowing through the body, it’s the catalyst for change. A billionaire greedily hoarding money for themselves limits change, their stability clogs up the drainage pipe of the world.

Social networks. People pretend to be rich, keeping up with the Jones, but all those expenses make them poor.

Proverbs 13:7 NASB There is one who pretends to be rich, but has nothing; Another pretends to be poor, but has great wealth.

My Dr. boss from work could buy a bigger house, with a larger mortgage payment every month, but does not. If the family is so rich, what’s there more to strive for?

All the rich and all the poor shall believe in Jesus Christ, God, and thus gain permanent life. It is God who created all this energy to begin with, it is He who controls the flow of energy, how it moves, He permits it’s use by the sinners Satan, the fallen angels, and us human. Indeed, God permits the existence of evil, yet He Himself is not evil, but rather good. The LORD is against all evil, yet allows evil to continue existing in order for us to be refined in this furnace of affliction, to produce character, to convince us to believe in Christ to be saved. To convince even Satan to believe in Christ to be saved too.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Harold,

Could you weigh in on this topic? We could use another vote for UR. (as orthodox) Thanks.