Growing full corn in "the ear"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Instead of continuing to start random threads, I tried to put this under blogs this morning with no success. I am working on how start a blog. I'm aware "Growing full corn in the ear" is odd. Ears that mature in "hearing" to become full corn in the ear (Food for others).

Romans 10:17
[17] So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

He that hath ears to hear, let him hear. Hearing comes by "the word of God." Good seed is sown and matures into full ears of corn, food consumption for the hungry, the poor, and the widows. To produce food(manna/corn from heaven) for others to pluck and eat..."hearing" is developed(by God) and matures in the hearer.

Mark 4:24-29
[24] And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given.

To you that "hear" shall more be given.

[25] For he that hath, to him shall be given: and he that hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he hath. [26] And he said, So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground; [27] And should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how. [28] For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself; first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear. [29] But when the fruit is brought forth, immediately he putteth in the sickle, because the harvest is come.

Good seed, the word God (Christ ) is sown. And the seed of life grows, the sleeper awakes and knows not how the seed grows but it does grow and springs forth.

First: comes the blade.
Then: the "ear".
after that ...the full corn in "the ear". The harvest has come and "hearing" produces food suitable for consumption of the hungry. God gives the increase.

Matthew 12:1-8
[1] At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn, and to eat. [2] But when the Pharisees saw it , they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day. [3] But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him; [4] How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests? [5] Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless? [6] But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple. [7] But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless. [8] For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

The shew bread "only for the priests". Here is a beautiful demonstration of how the word of God would be given to all that hungered. "Hearing" would come by way of THE HIGH priest which is (Christ). The disciples were hungered and plucked the ears of corn(fully matured Word) and they ate.

Luke 6:1-4
[1] And it came to pass on the second sabbath after the first, that he went through the corn fields; and his disciples plucked the ears of corn, and did eat, rubbing them in their hands. [2] And certain of the Pharisees said unto them, Why do ye that which is not lawful to do on the sabbath days? [3] And Jesus answering them said, Have ye not read so much as this, what David did, when himself was an hungred, and they which were with him; [4] How he went into the house of God, and did take and eat the shewbread, and gave also to them that were with him; which it is not lawful to eat but for the priests alone?

John 12:24
[24] Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Elders who "treadeth" out the corn are worthy of double honour (especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.)

1 Timothy 5:17-18
Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine. [18] For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward.

2 Corinthians 9: 5-15
Therefore I thought it necessary to exhort the brethren, that they would go before unto you, and make up beforehand your bounty, whereof ye had notice before, that the same might be ready, as a matter of bounty, and not as of covetousness.
But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.

Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

(As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: his righteousness remaineth for ever.

Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness

Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God.

For the administration of this service not only supplieth the want of the saints, but is abundant also by many thanksgivings unto God;

Whiles by the experiment of this ministration they glorify God for your professed subjection unto the gospel of Christ, and for your liberal distribution unto them, and unto all men;

And by their prayer for you, which long after you for the exceeding grace of God in you.

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.

Psalm 78: 24 And had rained down manna upon them to eat, and had given them of the corn of heaven. [25] Man did eat angels' food: he sent them meat to the full.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Supportive scripture:

Psalm 72:11-20
[11] Yea, all kings shall fall down before him: all nations shall serve him. [12] For he shall deliver the needy when he crieth; the poor also, and him that hath no helper. [13] He shall spare the poor and needy, and shall save the souls of the needy. [14] He shall redeem their soul from deceit and violence: and precious shall their blood be in his sight.

(there is only way their blood is precious in his sight)

[15] And he shall live, and to him shall be given of the gold of Sheba: prayer also shall be made for him continually; and daily shall he be praised. [16] There shall be an handful of corn in the earth upon the top of the mountains; the fruit thereof shall shake like Lebanon: and they of the city shall flourish like grass of the earth. [17] His name shall endure for ever: his name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in him: all nations shall call him blessed. [18] Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, who only doeth wondrous things. [19] And blessed be his glorious name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with his glory; Amen, and Amen. [20] The prayers of David the son of Jesse are ended.

Interesting passages are the ones pertaining to Pharaoh's dream where the thin ears of corn ate the fat ears of corn: abundance then famine (the dearth) would come.

2 Kings 4:40-44
[40] So they poured out for the men to eat. And it came to pass, as they were eating of the pottage, that they cried out, and said, O thou man of God, there is death in the pot. And they could not eat thereof . [41] But he said, Then bring meal. And he cast it into the pot; and he said, Pour out for the people, that they may eat. And there was no harm in the pot. [42] And there came a man from Baal-shalisha, and brought the man of God bread of the firstfruits, twenty loaves of barley, and full ears of corn in the husk thereof. And he said, Give unto the people, that they may eat. [43] And his servitor said, What, should I set this before an hundred men? He said again, Give the people, that they may eat: for thus saith the Lord , They shall eat, and shall leave thereof . [44] So he set it before them, and they did eat, and left thereof , according to the word of the Lord . see: five loaves, and two fishes (Matthew 14:16-21)

Nehemiah 9:20
[20] Thou gavest also thy good spirit to instruct them, and withheldest not thy manna from their mouth, and gavest them water for their thirst.
Psalm 78:24-25

Revelation 2:17
[17] He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Psalm 65: 9
Thou visited the earth, and waterst it: thou greatly enrichest it with the river of God, which is full of water: thou preparest them corn, when thou hast so provided for it.

The valleys also are covered over with corn; they shout for joy, they also sing. (Psalm 65:13)

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mat 12:1 At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn, and to eat.
Mat 12:2 But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.
Mat 12:3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;
Mat 12:4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?
Mat 12:5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?
Mat 12:6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.

Oh yes ears to hear eyes to see.

Joh 6:45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.
Joh 6:46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.
Joh 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
Joh 6:48 I am that bread of life.
Joh 6:49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.
Joh 6:50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
Joh 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

God bless

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
you guys are making good points, so i hesitate to point out that "corn" is not really in the Bible.
can't see how it matters much, but that is strictly KJV i guess.
Corn might even work better for illustrative purposes, dunno.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you guys are making good points, so i hesitate to point out that "corn" is not really in the Bible.
can't see how it matters much, but that is strictly KJV i guess.
Corn might even work better for illustrative purposes, dunno.

Thank you:"then full grain in the ear".

Mark 4:29
[29] But when the fruit is brought forth, immediately he putteth in the sickle, because the harvest is come.

John 12:24-25
[24] Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn(grain) of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. [25] He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Mark 4:28 Greek Text Analysis

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Thank you:"then full grain in the ear".

Mark 4:29
[29] But when the fruit is brought forth, immediately he putteth in the sickle, because the harvest is come.

John 12:24-25
[24] Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn(grain) of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. [25] He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Mark 4:28 Greek Text Analysis
ha sorry, you'll have to pardon me there, i have a thing about corn, being as how it is killing us, and would not bear a crop if it fell to the ground and died anyway lol

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha sorry, you'll have to pardon me there, i have a thing about corn, being as how it is killing us, and would not bear a crop if it fell to the ground and died anyway lol

It's okay. I am grateful you pointed it out.

Reactions: bbyrd009