Growth In The New Birth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father. - 1 John 2:13.

What is coming to the Sonship and Fatherhood of God in growth; It is all brought on and taught by the Holy Spirit? Did you know our father has children he birthed that will never leave that stage of life. Now being born again is the most important thing to happen to you - and it is one reason we have a hard time leaving that part of understanding and going into deeper things of our father. How is such a blessed knowledge given to those that have been birthed by God:

Through the scriptures.. through the Gospel of grace of our wonderful Apostle Paul - given to all to read and understand, that have Christ in them! So stop comparing yourself to the world, and sounding like the world in knowledge. If Paul has the message to the born again, and gives the absolute fact we are to follow him - where should I focus my time in scripture. Before I know anything else that is written, what should I know before I try to sort out over four thousand years of scripture that is put together by holy men of old.

Another thing that can stagger my growth is; I don't understand this new birth. I don't know that the new birth is the beginning of this new life. Therefore I use all scripture to try to fix my old life, get myself cleaned up enough to be acceptable to God. We usually don't use the wording "my father" because we don't understand Him in that capacity. He is still just the angry God of the Old Testament in my understanding! That's will turn out bad.

We feel the stages of life is just automatic and god is 'good' we say - so that means he will always give me what I need. A lack of understanding of how our father handles his children. God is a good father is a better use of the word. That means he will handle you accordingly, and according to your understanding - with his plan and purpose in mind.

He will be the father he is to you.. which may not feel like *good* is always the right way to put it. A good father because that good father allows you to be the child you want to be.. he does not force us to do anything. It may feel like force when the world we create around us collapses. But that only happens because he is a good father.

We are never "not in a good place," it just feels like it.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father. - 1 John 2:13.

What is coming to the Sonship and Fatherhood of God in growth; It is all brought on and taught by the Holy Spirit? Did you know our father has children he birthed that will never leave that stage of life. Now being born again is the most important thing to happen to you - and it is one reason we have a hard time leaving that part of understanding and going into deeper things of our father. How is such a blessed knowledge given to those that have been birthed by God:

Through the scriptures.. through the Gospel of grace of our wonderful Apostle Paul - given to all to read and understand, that have Christ in them! So stop comparing yourself to the world, and sounding like the world in knowledge. If Paul has the message to the born again, and gives the absolute fact we are to follow him - where should I focus my time in scripture. Before I know anything else that is written, what should I know before I try to sort out over four thousand years of scripture that is put together by holy men of old.

Another thing that can stagger my growth is; I don't understand this new birth. I don't know that the new birth is the beginning of this new life. Therefore I use all scripture to try to fix my old life, get myself cleaned up enough to be acceptable to God. We usually don't use the wording "my father" because we don't understand Him in that capacity. He is still just the angry God of the Old Testament in my understanding! That's will turn out bad.

We feel the stages of life is just automatic and god is 'good' we say - so that means he will always give me what I need. A lack of understanding of how our father handles his children. God is a good father is a better use of the word. That means he will handle you accordingly, and according to your understanding - with his plan and purpose in mind.

He will be the father he is to you.. which may not feel like *good* is always the right way to put it. A good father because that good father allows you to be the child you want to be.. he does not force us to do anything. It may feel like force when the world we create around us collapses. But that only happens because he is a good father.

We are never "not in a good place," it just feels like it.
Sonship and the new birth and spiritual life are great themes of John in his Gospel, and can be a key to understanding his First Epistle also...

Reactions: soul man