Growth versus Law

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not only for me Grail but for all. That is obviously not the gospel. Anyone can easily see that by simply reading it “repent and believe the gospel”. Is that the gospel for you?

As you said.....I’d like to point out that “Repent and believe the gospel” is not the gospel.

Well for most of the believers in Christ it is Acts 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

So you forget that we have been going at this for many posts....I know you.
Christianity have the words of God in scriptures. And included in that is the law.

And again....no matter what the scriptures say you do not care because it is the fascination with the Law with the only intent to confuse people because you are anything but a moralist. Yes the Law is in the scriptures and you are told it was a ministry of death and an curse that we should not look to it for anything. Again the plain and simple truth is that there is nothing lacking in Christianity that would require or need anyone to look to the Law for morals or guidance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Netchaplain

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
As you said.....I’d like to point out that “Repent and believe the gospel” is not the gospel.

Well for most of the believers in Christ it is Acts 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

And again....no matter what the scriptures say you do not care because it is the fascination with the Law with the only intent to confuse people because you are anything but a moralist. Yes the Law is in the scriptures and you are told it was a ministry of death and an curse that we should not look to it for anything. Again the plain and simple truth is that there is nothing lacking in Christianity that would require or need anyone to look to the Law for morals or guidance.
There will be many in hell who put their trust in their keeping of the Law to justify them in God's sight.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Not only for me Grail but for all. That is obviously not the gospel. Anyone can easily see that by simply reading it “repent and believe the gospel”. Is that the gospel for you?

<<<Well for most of the believers in Christ it is Acts 2:38>>>

Perhaps. But that does not make it the gospel. One just have to read acts 2 to see what Peter preached that day. And it is not “repent and be baptized….”. That is Peter’s answer to a question on what they ought to do, after the preaching of Peter.

Tong2020 said:
Christianity have the words of God in scriptures. And included in that is the law.

<<<And again....no matter what the scriptures say you do not care because it is the fascination with the Law with the only intent to confuse people because you are anything but a moralist. >>>

And I know you a bit as well, at least based on what you post.

<<<Yes the Law is in the scriptures and you are told it was a ministry of death and an curse that we should not look to it for anything.>>>

The way you put it, it seems to be as though the Law is some kind of a disease like leprosy.

Ministry of death it is. But the law is holy, just, and good. It is also scriptures. And you know very well the good of scriptures. And you know very well what good it is for the child of God to look to it .

Tong
R4514

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law." - Rom. 3:31

"Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters." -
1 Cor. 7:19

"Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." - 1 Jhn 2:3-4

"Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus."- Rev. 14:12

"I say this because some ungodly people have wormed their way into your churches, saying that God’s marvelous grace allows us to live immoral lives. The condemnation of such people was recorded long ago, for they have denied our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ." - Jude 4

Those passages not only show the Law is at the core of practicing biblical Christianity, they expose the fact that antinomianism was one of the most dangerous and popular heresies that the apostles constantly had to battle in the 1st century. No matter how hard "Christians" try to camouflage their contempt for God's laws by misquoting the Bible and slandering true believers as Judaizers, God's true followers will always see through it like glass and expose it for the satanic doctrine that it is.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
"Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law." - Rom. 3:31

"Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters." -
1 Cor. 7:19

"Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." - 1 Jhn 2:3-4

"Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus."- Rev. 14:12

"I say this because some ungodly people have wormed their way into your churches, saying that God’s marvelous grace allows us to live immoral lives. The condemnation of such people was recorded long ago, for they have denied our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ." - Jude 4

Those passages not only show the Law is at the core of practicing biblical Christianity, they expose the fact that antinomianism was one of the most dangerous and popular heresies that the apostles constantly had to battle in the 1st century. No matter how hard "Christians" try to camouflage their contempt for God's laws by misquoting the Bible and slandering true believers as Judaizers, God's true followers will always see through it like glass and expose it for the satanic doctrine that it is.

<<<“Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law." - Rom. 3:31>>>

May I ask, what do you understand the verse as saying to you? Especially the part “we establish the law”?

Thanks. Looking forward to your response.

Tong
R4674