Happy Birthday Amadeus, 101G, and Earburner

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well when it's my turn for birthday wishes I'll be the one to supply the refreshments and music even though it won't be necessary. :) Btw, just in case anybody's wondering I'll be thirty-one on February twentieth. :D

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm? I'll be content to make to June 25 of 2022, my 50th Wedding Anniversary. After that, God knows!

Remind me about it and I'll throw you a virtual anniversary party,.. and if I knew what everybody liked to eat and wanted for their birthday I would post that on here too but it's sort of difficult lol I can't even get people to respond to me asking what they want for Christmas so we can do virtual gift exchange on Christmas Day.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today is my birthday too, Amadeus!

Also my ex-wife's !

I have Brownies...
Frosted Brownies? I love frosted Brownies.
And I love love your signature!

happy-birthday-flowers.gif
To everyone celebrating another years blessing by the Lord!

I know what you mean about celebrating your birthday, running around and shouting, and then the next day.....it's crawling on the floor, whimpering, where's the Ben Gay? Anyone? Hello? Awwwowww it hurts!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remind me about it and I'll throw you a virtual anniversary party,.. and if I knew what everybody liked to eat and wanted for their birthday I would post that on here too but it's sort of difficult lol I can't even get people to respond to me asking what they want for Christmas so we can do virtual gift exchange on Christmas Day.
If I make it that far and this forum is still operating I certainly will remind you. Hopefully my memory will also last that long! As for the gift exchange thing, my wife and I have already bought what we wanted for each other. She got a some miniature doll houses to put together and I got some new postage stamp catalogues for my collections.

The surprises all wrapped up in decorative paper are all for our
our great grandchildren [2 now, with 1 expected next year]. The children and grandchildren will receive gift cards and be content as our youngest grandchild, a girl, is already in college. They will know how to put the money to good use, we are certain.

For me for Thanksgiving, birthday, Christmas or anytime the best thing is pumpkin pie with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream on top. My wife handled that very well for Thanksgiving. Christmas is before us and my mouth is already watering...

Up until a few years ago we had big family gatherings for each of the holidays, but my wife always carried the load in cooking. I could clean up for her, but a cook, I am not. After her blood clot a few years ago, it all had to stop. She still would like to... [as she would like to play softball again] but no more. Now we have been going to someone else's home and letting them do it all... but this year with the lockdown and my wife's severely compromised immune system, we don't know about Christmas. We'll wait and see.

Reactions: April_Rose

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope your day is going wonderful @amadeus Did you get a cake :D
No cake. My wife used to bake cakes for each birthday of the older people living in our apartment complex so that no one was "forced" to eat too much. With this Covid 19, management has stopped us from our twice weekly gatherings in the clubroom. We get along because we have each other, my wife and I, but I know this is very hard on the single older folks. They looked forward to our little gatherings, but now for the most part they are lonelier than ever.

My wife won't bake a cake for the two of us because we most certainly would eat the whole thing. My son sent me a card and also called me on the phone. He lives a bit over a 100 miles away in Kansas. Our daughter lives only 50 miles away but she works at our hospital so we see more of her. She comes by to give my wife her allergy injection every Thursday so we saw her today for a short period.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No cake. My wife used to bake cakes for each birthday of the older people living in our apartment complex so that no one was "forced" to eat too much. With this Covid 19, management has stopped us from our twice weekly gatherings in the clubroom. We get along because we have each other, my wife and I, but I know this is very hard on the single older folks. They looked forward to our little gatherings, but now for the most part they are lonelier than ever.

My wife won't bake a cake for the two of us because we most certainly would eat the whole thing. My son sent me a card and also called me on the phone. He lives a bit over a 100 miles away in Kansas. Our daughter lives only 50 miles away but she works at our hospital so we see more of her. She comes by to give my wife her allergy injection every Thursday so we saw her today for a short period.

Lol...yes, understood; I wouldn't want a whole cake sitting around as it would not be there for very long...I could hurt myself on it! :D
Yes, many lonely people. Since we cannot open The Genesis Center to the clients, they too have lost their connections. I often wonder what happened to some of them. Everything goes out the back door now. Pantry and soup kitchen meals...very impersonal and zero gatherings since this all started. It's good you have at least one of your kids living near you. Well, not "kids" per se...lol.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol...yes, understood; I wouldn't want a whole cake sitting around as it would not be there for very long...I could hurt myself on it! :D
Yes, many lonely people. Since we cannot open The Genesis Center to the clients, they too have lost their connections. I often wonder what happened to some of them. Everything goes out the back door now. Pantry and soup kitchen meals...very impersonal and zero gatherings since this all started. It's good you have at least one of your kids living near you. Well, not "kids" per se...lol.
Unfortunately, I know what happens to too many of those lonely old folks. They often die alone even though they have kids, kids who are too busy their own lives to visit just once in a while. That was how it was before Covid 19. Now they have better excuses not to visit their parents. My kids get embarrassed and apologetic when they let too long go by without making contact. We know that we are blessed in them...

Reactions: Nancy