HAS REAL CHRISTIANITY ELUDED THE "CHRISTIAN" MASSES TODAY?!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
Muse said:

I must say a loud AMEN! to that, FLOYD. One time PILATE wondered what the TRUTH is?! what of "My sheep know my Voice?": these must be the sincere lovers of TRUTH! " BLEESED EYES, BLESSED EARS", MUST PLAY THEIR PART
Thank you for caning again!

Absolutely no correction intended. Only something to think about, ie, the 'truth' regarding how one becomes an owner of the Kingdom of God where this specific "Truth" is as a "treasure," and must be found by us, eg. Matt.13:44, etc.

Old looking hard Jack,

Don't get me wrong my brother, appreciate and respect you, and your words.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
shturt678 said:

Absolutely no correction intended. Only something to think about, ie, the 'truth' regarding how one becomes an owner of the Kingdom of God where this specific "Truth" is as a "treasure," and must be found by us, eg. Matt.13:44, etc.

Old looking hard Jack,

Hey Jack......sorry ya lost your side kick Floyd................we all come.....and we all go......but our time spent together will always be cherished :)

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
RANDOR said:
Hey Jack......sorry ya lost your side kick Floyd................we all come.....and we all go......but our time spent together will always be cherished :)
Thank you brother RANDOR!

He really showed his true Christian colors, after giving him all those jabs he's going to stop by and visit me while he's in Hawaii - maybe he's going to actually jab me back - excellent Christian, and will miss him. You can take the jabs for him - lol with you my brother.

Old ducking Jack

Muse

Jun 7, 2014
shturt678 said:

Old looking hard Jack,

[SIZE=12pt]I’ve got you right, brother, just thinking on and on please…….sovereign grace seems to take precedence somewhere on those who are deadly sincere. Why, Paul zealous and sincerely wrong is struck down to acknowledge the truth while Caiaphas being insincere is not. I tend to think all of us somehow receive the truth by God’s mercies intervening, think how much we bargained while the Gospel first reached our ears … oh, then sincerity is quite a virtue for it makes one acknowledge the truth when struck down in some way. I think many are insincere ‘cause they want to go enjoying all the world … so, floored, they still resist![/SIZE]

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tend to think that we called to trust others. Doesn't mean we are naive, just that we have nothing to lose.......like Christ

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
Thank you folks for your responses for sure!

I'm by nature more of a follower, and I tried repeatedly to trust my leaders only to find out I was born into a full blown apostasy. My point: Eyeball all the passages in IJn./IIThess./Matt.24/Revelation chapters 8 & 9 that especially cover the concept of an apostasy. If one cannot find an alive Church leader that one can trust, ie, I couldn't - not me for sure, then start looking for older Sermons and Commentaries that one could at least partially trust continually being one's own devil's advocate continually trying to find errors and purging them merging in truths.

However I do agree that our Lord continually searches the hearts, and when one is right from His view then He leads that person to the "Truth." We have a propensity to be less than helpless although we think we're wise.

Old ICor.1:27 Jack

Reactions: lforrest

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if you love perfectly, you cannot sin. you cannot love perfectly apart from Christ. Faith and fear are incompatible. This is Christianity. i see a lot of love in the world today and i trust that God did not allow His Son to lay down His life for us only to save .0000001 percent of the pop. I dont know how many people understand the essence of Christianity. i plan to be a practicing student for the rest of my life.
if you love perfectly, you cannot sin. you cannot love perfectly apart from Christ. Faith and fear are incompatible. This is Christianity. i see a lot of love in the world today and i trust that God did not allow His Son to lay down His life for us only to save .0000001 percent of the pop. I dont know how many people understand the essence of Christianity. i plan to be a practicing student for the rest of my life.

Muse

Jun 7, 2014
aspen said:
Well the greatest sin that has damned many as in the days of Noah is unbelief ............ only 8 saved 'cause it then, what of now? "When the Son of Man cometh... will He find Faith on earth?" IT'S JESUS WHO WONDERED, YOU KNOW!. STRAIT IS THE GATE NARROW THE WAY AND FEW FIND IT.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
Muse said:
Well the greatest sin that has damned many as in the days of Noah is unbelief ............ only 8 saved 'cause it then, what of now? "When the Son of Man cometh... will He find Faith on earth?" IT'S JESUS WHO WONDERED, YOU KNOW!. STRAIT IS THE GATE NARROW THE WAY AND FEW FIND IT.
Always appreciate you and your posts my brother!

Only a head's up. One is charged with 'unbelief' only when that person has bumped into enough Truth from heaven's view then rejects that truthful direction viewing as fallacious or whatever. Hopefully no one here has that amount of truth so I can enter heaven just by default.

Old Jack trying to sqeeze through that narrow gate.

Muse

Jun 7, 2014
shturt678 said:
Always appreciate you and your posts my brother!

Only a head's up. One is charged with 'unbelief' only when that person has bumped into enough Truth from heaven's view then rejects that truthful direction viewing as fallacious or whatever. Hopefully no one here has that amount of truth so I can enter heaven just by default.

Old Jack trying to sqeeze through that narrow gate.
Thanks for your kind gesture.
That is Amen!
May you allow me contemplate on…..Oh, am Sorry! a bid wordy..........
Yes, unbelief is a reaction; therefore there must an action first.
From the earliest time we realize there is a God somewhere, there is enough light thrown our way to belief (if we care to) or unbelief. I remember while I WAS IN STANDARD THREE (9YEARS OLD), coming from school, hungry; I turned into somebody’s sugarcane plantation and plucked one and chewed, as I went along, I felt clearly in my heart that I had done wrong before God. That fear kept flashing in my heart. I had never gone to Church since I was born by then, mark you; and my parents were not religious at all. We then worked normally on Sunday like any other day of the week. I had never heard a sermon preached by then! And, there I was, fearing THE UNKNOWN GOD, WHOM ALL FEEL AFTER. The portion that one has to believe unto eternal life that God keeps throwing before him may be only one verse in the bible, one feature in nature, one reflection in our conscience, one short sentence from some Christian, a line in a song or a scene spread out; and this may mean hell or heaven.
Oh, I remember the two thieves on Calvary! or Finney’s glance, Moody' smile etc. I was first convicted by a tract of a couple of lines, then later on I was floored down by just one statement from a brother speaking to me, and there and then I believed the entire bible to be true and unquestionable, yet it was just by one statement that conquered my stubborn head! Faith unto salvation is born somewhere as it were from a mustard seed from God by the spirit, the spirit keeps flashing that light our way, if one bows to it, receives it, He will soon see angels descending and ascending over the Son of man! it grows spreading as the spirit feeds it, step by step, a little at a time; and the more sincere and yielding one is the faster he grows. Nathaniel was sincere, Peter was sincere…….people have missed heaven by a hair breadth because of insincerity! No normal person should ever pretend to confuse light from darkness, by the way! It is simply stubbornness. Too many words, as I struggle to say something…………..
[SIZE=18pt]Not a teaching please, but my contemplations![/SIZE]