Has the Famine Begun?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

forgivenWretch

Feb 10, 2008
Tennessee
but I can quantitatively say that "most" churches I go into
I'm not saying that there is not a problem in our churches today, because there definitely is. My problem here as I said is saying most churches, without the first hand knowledge as you have shared SF.It appears to me to be an excuse and for giving approval for Christians to stay away from church.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
forgivenWretch;73746]I said:
What you see as an "excuse" to "stay away" is not seeing the true picture. For me, to NOT GO TO A BUILDING and instead spend that precious time in His Word with Him seeing what He wrote and speaking to like-minded people is exactly what He wants me to do. So, I again say....enjoy your church for I certainly love mine. :)

forgivenWretch

Feb 10, 2008
Tennessee
My church is not a building, my church is the fellow Christians who come to gather to worship and praise God, but we still meet within a building.So may I ask where is your church?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Not at all I dont think we are saying that .... What we are saying is most churches fall short .... That doesnt mean we shouldnt go shouldnt worship or shouldnt fellowship ..all it means is we can not just depend on churchs to teach us Gods meat ... You must have the milk first... our churches do a great job for the most part on this ... but thats where they stop ... Its like having a child ... we must first feed that baby milk or he will die (this is the service church provides) but as that baby grows older we must introduce solid food ..meat or the child will die of malnutrition this is where church fails .... This is what God is saying here with the milk ..meat anology And the Word "most" think about it ... How many churches teach/celebrate Easter ?would you not say most ?? Yet we are never told to celebrate Easter in the Bible in fact its a holiday based on the goddess Ishtar ... and thats just one doctrine. Learning traditions of men ..has nothing to do with learning about Gods Word. What we are saying is yes attend church but understand its only a small part of what you need to know God ...It only fulfills a small part. God says church is where two or more gather in my name ...Thats it ... So in a sense you are in church here or at your home when you gather to worship. God says he wants you not only to worship him but to learn his Word. The church seldom provides the last part only the first.

gervais

Aug 3, 2009
forgivenWretch;73748]My church is not a building said:
You certainly are not saying your God is confined to a building, are you? The group I meet with sometimes meet in a garage, sometimes in a park, or beside a river. Sometimes online even, in a chat room or on a forum. I don't limit my God to a certain space and time.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
forgivenWretch;73748]My church is not a building said:
Certainly you may ask. I meet with Christians such as yourself, Christina, SwampFox, Gregg, Jordan, Moses, etc. I learn from you and I worship and praise our Father all the time. I don't "meet within a building." :)I will add...I am exactly where our Father wants me to be. He leads, guides and directs my life....I follow.

forgivenWretch

Feb 10, 2008
Tennessee
What we are saying is yes attend church but understand its only a small part of what you need to know God ...It only fulfills a small part.
I agree 100%, and we must continue to live our lives as Christ is in us every minute.
You certainly are not saying your God is confined to a building, are you?
No way, Christ is in our lives no matter where we are. As I said the members are the church, and when we separate, then the church is where ever we are. God has no limitations!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
So now that we understand each other better ... lets go back to the subject of this thread ... Has the Famine Begun? Lets look again at the scripture Amo 8:11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD: It does not say the famine is for fellowship or for worship? No....Its a famine for hearing the words of Lord .... This is the exact point we have been making that most churches do not teach the word of the Lord/the Bible that is the scriptures precept upon precept line upon line chapter and verse... They teach the message of the good news, they teach repentance and salvation, they worship, pray, sing, provide fellowship, even do good works, all noble things ... But they do not teach Gods Word .... And that's what the famine is for ... By the time they are through with the milk and their men's traditions (Easter,Christmas ect) and then their doctrinal beliefs what ever they maybe ..There is no time nothing given to the Word of God .... Thats why the answer is yes the famine is not only begun its well under way as people barely understand the differance of worship and fellowship and learning Gods Word .... They even often put church worship and tradition above Gods Word... Point in fact how many of the church's are going to stop celebrating Easter ..simply because its not in Gods Word? Which is more important to them ...Gods Word or their traditions ? does this mean we are to stop attending church stop worshiping ...Heaven forbid NO!!... But we are to be aware of the short comings of our churchs and take it on ourselves to learn his Word When we are called up for judgement we will be all alone our church wont be there when God ask why you didnt know his Word ...replying "my church only worshiped" is not going to cut it ..He will say I wrote you a letter/book did you read it learn it ?...

gregg

Oct 16, 2009
arab
i believe there are more truths being preached today and reaching more than the last 200 years maybe more. i don't think theres a famine of the word just yet.