Have an addiction to MacDonald's? You are like me!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eating their food is a very bad and unwise choice.

“Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.” (Matthew 15:11)

“Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.” (Hebrews 13:9)

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think that the clincher (in relation to this topic) is that the Devil wanted a way out of the addiction to MacDonalds too!

It's not that the Devil destroys the will of God, it's that he tries to take advantage of it, while the going is 'still' good.

Settle with your adversary while you are on your way to Maccas, lest he tempt you with a cheeseburger, and the cheeseburger make you fat and the fat make you unhealthy - assuredly you will not escape the preservatives in the cheeseburger until you have fasted the last dollop of cheese.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Part of it (resisting MacDonald's) is rebuking and correcting the Devil, actually.

Also making your home (spiritually if necessary) elsewhere (so that unclean MacDonald's spirits can't reach you!).

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi there,

So this is intended as a thread in which to share the burden of being addicted to MacDonald's, but also to brainstorm ways of beating the addiction.

Off the top of my head, it might help to meditate on MacDonald's food, as if it is decaying and dying - that is a Tibetan Buddhist trick, to kick over-eating in general.

Also, there is prayer: I have asked my faithful Mum a couple of times, to pray that my addiction would go away.

Part of it, is just staying clear (from MacDonalds') altogether, not going in for a pancake or a piece of cheesecake.

What is your experience? There are some people, that eat it every day without fail - I don't envy them!

In my life, I haven't really eaten that much, it is just that I had a craving for it from a very early age and I reached the point where I realised "Hey, I really don't have self-control in this area of my life".

Tell me what you think? Would Jesus eat MacDonald's?
I'm more of a Burger King fan than a Maccas (McDonalds) fan. We live in an area that does not have Maccas and when we are in a bigger town and have access, I find that it does not taste that good anyway....

Reactions: Gottservant

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm starting to emerge from my addiction now. How great!

I started to realise I was born with addiction, that I needed to completely eliminate the flesh (as concerns MacDonald's)

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a lot of other places better than McDonald's.
I liked McDonald's better BEFORE they shrunk their menu after covid hit. Goodbye premium chicken sandwiches and chicken wraps. I do like some of what's on their breakfast menu but only eat there if we are on the road and that's about all there is to choose from.

Reactions: Gottservant

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I wasn't sure how long it would take, to beat an addiction to MacDonald's - but so far it has taken about three years.

I am just going to enjoy life without MacDonald's for a little while, before I tempt fate (if I do).

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. McDonald's isn't food. I don't trust most restaurants, especially fast food. McDonald's was actually in the news several years ago after human flesh was found in the freezers of several of their restaurants. Aside from that ....there are so many preservatives in it, even bugs won't eat it.
This article says that is not true.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously, in an absolute sense, no restaurant can be trusted. Eating out is unavoidable to some, but good food is turned into good neurotransmitters that help us to relate to God properly. And the best diet is the one that provides the highest nutrient-to-toxin ratio. Restaurants typically have no such concerns.

While it's true that that which enters into the mouth doesn't by definition defile a man, Christ often used figures of speech when he taught and preached so it shouldn't be assumed that isolated statements are safe rules of thumb.

Unfortunately, when we read the Bible we're usually looking to see how much of what we want to do or are accustomed to doing will be tolerated by God. It's practically the essence of the fallen human condition. It's always shocking, puzzling, and saddening to me when I see folks who teach holiness-emphasized doctrine brag about their health-destroying habits.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You and your Roy Rogers - lol.

The king of burgers and the golden arches , though they may please the buds , taste buds ,
STEER far from it . That junk is poison by and large to the body .
Eat rather whole foods as the LORD grew them and avoid the processed junk of men . just a friendly reminder .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously, in an absolute sense, no restaurant can be trusted. Eating out is unavoidable to some, but good food is turned into good neurotransmitters that help us to relate to God properly. And the best diet is the one that provides the highest nutrient-to-toxin ratio. Restaurants typically have no such concerns.

While it's true that that which enters into the mouth doesn't by definition defile a man, Christ often used figures of speech when he taught and preached so it shouldn't be assumed that isolated statements are safe rules of thumb.

Unfortunately, when we read the Bible we're usually looking to see how much of what we want to do or are accustomed to doing will be tolerated by God. It's practically the essence of the fallen human condition. It's always shocking, puzzling, and saddening to me when I see folks who teach holiness-emphasized doctrine brag about their health-destroying habits.

No good food does not help us relate to GOD . But it do help the body . Junk food destroyes the body in time .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Good food that helps us relate to GOD is HIS WORDS . now raise those hands and praise the KING

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I liked McDonald's better BEFORE they shrunk their menu after covid hit. Goodbye premium chicken sandwiches and chicken wraps. I do like some of what's on their breakfast menu but only eat there if we are on the road and that's about all there is to choose from.
Speaking of covid , a lot more than menus are gonna shrink . Sie agenda will run its course .
And the goal is .....................well lets say its not good at all for humanity .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The population will shrink and the goods of man will shrink , though the empire and bank accounts of the elites shall grow .
Sie agenda of men gone wrong who do the work of the dragon to prepare the world unto the beast
cannot be stopped by man . OH ITS GONNA END on the DAY OF THE LORD . Till then its gonna get much worse .

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No good food does not help us relate to GOD . But it do help the body . Junk food destroyes the body in time .

My body turns good food into healthy gray matter which is what I use to relate to God. If you know an end run around that, you could be a very rich man.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.” (Matthew 15:11)

“Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.” (Hebrews 13:9)
Yet many with mouths wide open and both hands are inhaling the words of darkness that indeed has sprung from the hearts
of evil men . My advice . EAT OF THE WORDS IN that BIBLE , That be our meat . the dung the whore is feeding folks
is wicked trash that killeth the soul of all who do partake of that cup .