Have you been born again of the water and Spirit ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thegospel

Sep 20, 2007
I would like to explain the gospel of the water and Spirit and I also would like to explain what John meant by saying that Jesus came through water, blood and Spirit. (2 John 5,8- "And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water and blood, and these three agree in one.) To understand this probably we need to first go back to the Old Testament. In the Old Testament God gave Israel the sacrificial system. When any of the people of Israel had committed sin, he/she should bring a sacrificial animal to the Tebarnacle. He then passed his sins to it by LAYING HIS HANDS on its head , drew it's blood and handed it over to priest. This was the sins offering of the sacrificial system. The Israelites received the remission of sin by offering such a sacrifice. To receive the remission they had to confess their sins to God put their hands on the head of the sacrificial animals and pass their sins to them. Only then could the sins be passed onto the head of the sacrificial animals. So it was by lying their hands on an unblemished sheep or goat that the people of the Old Testament could pass on their sins .This is the method of salvation established by God. ( Leviticus 1,1-4; 4,20 ) . Leviticus : 1, 2: "Speak unto the children of Israel , and say unto them , If any men of you bring an offering unto the Lord , ye shall bring your offering of the cattle , even of the herd, and of the flock. If his offering be a burnt sacrifice of the herd , let him offer a male without blemish : he shall offer it of his own voluntary will at the door of the tebarnacle of the congregation before the Lord. AND HE SHALL PUT HIS HAND UPON THE HEAD OF THE BURNT OFFERING and it shall be accepted for him to make atonement for him. And he shall kill the bullock before the Lord and the priest s, Aaron's sons , shall bring the blood and sprinkle the blood round about upon the altar ." But because God knew that the people of the Israel will sin everyday, knowing our human weaknesses , God permitted the Israelites to offer just one sacrifice in a year. God appointed Aaron (and only his descendants) as a High Priest. The High Priest sacrificed once a year , on the tenth day of the seventh month , to blot out the yearly sins of the people of Israel. This is the sacrifice of the Day of Atonement . On this day , on behalf of all people, the HIgh Priest passed their yearly sins onto a sacrificial animal by laying his hands on it;s head. Redemption is fulfilled when one's sins are passed onto a sacrifice. Then the Aaron drew it's blood , took it's blood into the Most Holy , sprinkled it on the mercy seat above the Ark and burnt it's flesh. The entire sacrificial system of the Old Testament is a shadow of the gospel of the water and Spirit that the Lord has given in the New Testament. Jesus the same like the sacrificial offering in the Old Testament was : "Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world". How was the sin of the wolrd passes onto Jesus then , who passed the sin of the world onto Jesus and how did he died for these sins ? The first thing Jesus did in his ministry was to be baptised by John the Baptist. John the Baptist was a descendant of Aaron the High Priest ( Luke 1,5- " There was in the days of Herod , the king of Judea , a certain priest named Zacharias of the course of Abia and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron and her name was Elizabeth "- They were the parents of John the Baptist , both descendants of Aaron ). And we know, that only the descendants of Aaron could pass the sins onto the sacrifices. John the Baptist was send by God to pass the sins of the world onto Jesus Christ, Malachi 2,1: " Behold, I will send my messanger and he shall prepare the way before me ". John the Baptist was send by God to pass the sin of the world to Jesus , HE PUT HIS HAND UPON THE HEAD OF JESUS AND HE PASSED ONTO HIM ALL THE SIN OF THE WORLD, JESUS TOOK ALL THE SIN OF THE WORLD THROUGH HIS BAPTISM IN THE JORDAN RIVER , THE NEXT DAY JOHN THE BAPTIST TESTIFIED : "THE LAMB OF GOD WHO TAKES AWAY THE SIN OF THE WORLD". The water in the Bible refers to :THE BAPTISM OF JESUS . Before Jesus was baptised, he said to John the Baptist, Matthew 3,15 : "PERMIT TO BE SO NOW FOR THUS IS BECOMETH US TO FULFILL ALL RIGHTEOUSNESS". Jesus Christ , the lamb of God fulfilled all righteousness through the Baptism he received from JOhn the Bpatist.JESUS IS GOD --- SPIRITHE WAS SENT TO THE EARTH TO TAKE THE SINS OF THE WORLD THROUGH HIS BAPTISM ---WATERHE WAS JUDGED FOR THE SIN OF THE WORLD ON THE CROSS( "The wages of sin is death" ) ---BLOOD To receive the remission of sins , you just need to pass the sins of your heart to Jesus by faith, you need to believe that Jesus was baptised to take away your sins, you need to cut off your sins from your heart and pass them onto Jesus through His baptism, that is spiritual circumcision - "SPIRITUAL CIRCUMCISION IS THAT OF THE HEART " ,spiritual circumcision means cut off the sin from your heart through strong faith in Jesus Baptism in the Jordan River, Jesus was Baptised to take away all your sins through the laying of the hand , John the Baptist laid his hands on Jesus head to pass onto Him the sin of the world , and because he had all our sins on Himself He had to be judged for them on the Cross with His precious blood. The Water - Jesus was baptist to take the sin of the world , the Blood - He was judged for them on the Cross. THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH , because Jesus accepted the sins , which John the Baptist passed onto HIm , He had to be judged for them on the Cross.When you pass your sins onto Jesus you become righteouss, the saint of God, you have no sin and Holy Spirit comes to dwell in your heart. Holy Spirit can't dwell in the heart of those who have sin, God can't live in human being who have not been forgiven for the his sin.How can you imagine God living in sin ? That is just imposible. You must be forgiven for your sins before the Holy Spirit can come to dwell in your heart , only the saints of God have the Holy Spirit living in them . Only! That is why Peter said in Acts 2,38: "Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost" . Repentance is turning away from the sin, passing the sin onto Jesus through His baptism, believing that He was baptised to take the sin of the world and believing that He died on the Cross for your sins and was resurrected to heaven on the third day. I have been saved by the gospel of the water and Spirit. I have been born again through Jesus Baptism . Jesus said : "Verily, verily I say unto thee , Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit , he cannot enter the kingdom of God" . Water here refers to Jesus Baptism, Spirit means that Jesus is God . If we believe that Jesus, the Son of God took all the sin of the world through His baptism , that He was judged for them on the Corss and resurrecetd to heaven we will be born again as the children of God. Only the born again of water and Spirit will enter the Kingdom of God. Unfortunettaly some people don't believe in water, blood and Spirit and one day when Jesus will come to judge the world they will say to Him : "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name ? and in thy name have cast out devils ? and in thy name done many wonderful works ? " But The Lord will say to them : "I never knew you , depart from me , ye that work iniquity" ( Matthew 7,22-23 ).But I don't need to be worry about things like that anymore , I have been born again ,Im a saint of God, I have no sin like my Saviour Jesus Christ and my Father in Heaven is preparing the place for me ! Amen !Lord bless all the saints !
smile.gif

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
First off, Yahshua is the ONLY one that has not sinned at all. Period.And secondly, this piece of sentence just caught my eye. I'll highlight it in yellow.(thegospel)
I have been born again ,Im a saint of God, I have no sin like my Saviour Jesus Christ and my Father in Heaven is preparing the place for me ! Amen !
I John 1:8 - If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.I John 1:10 - If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.And just in case...I John 1:6 - If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:But of course once we repent...YHWH will forgive our sins and remember them to more.Lovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.

elmo

Sep 19, 2007
I fully agree with you because I myself have repented of my sins, been baptised in waterand have recieved the holy spirit and I have realized that I have to constantly submit myself to God in prayer humbling myself in his presence because the mistake alot people make that I used to make was that I thought I had to find the right path (his will) on my own and one day I was heard a sermon that made me realize that I was trying to do things according to my own strength and that is totally wrongBy submiting myself to God, his spirit took control of me and now I joy unspeakable fills me for as long as I focus on him, reading his word, with a new understanding, talking to him through prayer, and praising him for his mercy and tender loving kindness, yet I have no more words to describe how much God means to me, and yet just the mere thought that someone may turn from evil because of me brings tears to my eyes because until I submitted myself to God I never thought I could be a true witness unto the world because I was trying to do things for God but yet I what I really wanted was to do things the way "I" thought it should be done.In closing, if we are to be true witness we need to rely on God rather than our own logic and even if that person turns away, we know we have done our part and must continue to pray for them as we have planted the seed in their lives, and God will begin to work in them...In Revelation it clearly says, "Behold, I stand at the door (our heart) and knock..." and yet if we live in sin, we can not open the door of our heart so that he may come in...(the holy spirit)I continue to praise for God for his mercy and love and I hope that my story will inspire you to get closer to God because if get close to him, he surely will get close to us

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
(TallMan;18605)
When were the disciples born again ?
Seriously, when?If we don't know what the born again experience is, we are all talk, we cannot show anyone the way into the kingdom until we know it ourselves!

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
(TallMan;18605)
When were the disciples born again ?
Personally, I can't speak for anyone but myself. The only person I'm absolutely sure about is me, and I was born again on May 18, 1963 when I was 17.

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
(Jon-Marc;18710)
Personally, I can't speak for anyone but myself. The only person I'm absolutely sure about is me, and I was born again on May 18, 1963 when I was 17.
So scripturally you don't know when the disciples were born again, so how do you judge that you were born again, what happened?(I'm not saying you aren't by the way)

thegospel

Sep 20, 2007
The disciples were born again when they received the Holy Spirit to their hearts . Before they were completely different people . Asking questions like : "But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of. Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him to eat? " we can see that they were a fleshly people and they could not understand all the Words of Jesus , which were spiritual, because spiritual things you can understand only with the Spirit of God . Because Jesus took all the sins of the world through His baptism, fulfilling all the righteousness, the disciples were cleaned before Jesus died : "Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean"( JOhn 13, 10). Because disciples believed in Jesus Baptism , which was from heaven ( "The baptism of John, was from heaven, or of men? answer me. And they reasoned with themselves, saying, If we shall say, From heaven; he will say, Why then did ye not believe him? " -Mark 11,30-31 , The chief priests didn't want to believe in the words of John the Baptism , John said " The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!" , John came to testify that Jesus will take the sin of the world through His Baptism and Disciples believed it and that's why Jesus called them cleaned even before He died ), they could pass all their sins onto Jesus . I explained before that blood on the Cross would be meaningless if Jesus didn't receieve the sins first . You become born again only by faith , by faith in water and Spirit. Water - Jesus Baptism and Spirit means that Jesus is God. You need to know Old Testemant before you want to believe in Jesus and like Jesus said He died according to the Scriptures. If you don't understand Old Testament you can't understand New Testament.

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
(TallMan;18742)
So scripturally you don't know when the disciples were born again, so how do you judge that you were born again, what happened?(I'm not saying you aren't by the way)
I took God at His word, "Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." I called and asked Him to save me, and He did! As I said, I know nothing about anyone else but myself. I can't say who is or isn't saved. I know the very minute I was saved. It was 12:28 on a Saturday morning.