Have You Ever Been "Sworn In"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Radio Waves

Oct 1, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you? Its been several times for me. Once it was almost a forgotten formality. Another time, the "brass" was there, pictures were taken and a very important young guy, about the age of six, stood with me at my request. Those were official, secular events and procedure. They gave me certain authorities and responsibilities. However, there was another day, back in 1998 when I took an even more meaningful step with my pastor as I became a Christian. There was no "swearing in" ceremony and accordingly, I did not at that moment become part of the "Christian police"! There is one fact which is often overlooked in witnessing. Your job is NOT to look around among your family and friends hoping to find or hear of something they've done wrong and then barrage them with memorized verses using King James language. Guess what? Whether you like to hear it or not, that approach is a TURN OFF and nobody made you a member of the Christian Police! To effectively witness, you need to get the message across to OPEN EARS AND AN OPEN MIND and even then, you are just planting seeds. You witness most effectively by how you conduct yourself, demonstrating your honesty and integrity. Your actions make people see you are different and often times, that opens the door for you. If you are asked questions, you respond in everyday language. Leave the thee's, thou's and thy's to the KJV Bible when you encourage them to read it at the appropriate time. REMEMBER: You plant seeds. You can plant those seeds only into an open mind. Don't close it by how you approach someone!

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As soon as I became a Christian, I was attacked by friends and in laws. Pounding me with questions I had no answer for. I prayed and became combative, pointed at the hypocrisy of their actions and giving back to them all the bad things they had done. The good thing is I witnessed to every one the gospel of Jesus Christ. I didn't like it at the time, but God trained me good to be a missionary and I have answers for all attacks now. Praise the Lord, Halleluiah , Amen, thank you Jesus.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Have you? Its been several times for me. Once it was almost a forgotten formality. Another time, the "brass" was there, pictures were taken and a very important young guy, about the age of six, stood with me at my request. Those were official, secular events and procedure. They gave me certain authorities and responsibilities. However, there was another day, back in 1998 when I took an even more meaningful step with my pastor as I became a Christian. There was no "swearing in" ceremony and accordingly, I did not at that moment become part of the "Christian police"! There is one fact which is often overlooked in witnessing. Your job is NOT to look around among your family and friends hoping to find or hear of something they've done wrong and then barrage them with memorized verses using King James language. Guess what? Whether you like to hear it or not, that approach is a TURN OFF and nobody made you a member of the Christian Police! To effectively witness, you need to get the message across to OPEN EARS AND AN OPEN MIND and even then, you are just planting seeds. You witness most effectively by how you conduct yourself, demonstrating your honesty and integrity. Your actions make people see you are different and often times, that opens the door for you. If you are asked questions, you respond in everyday language. Leave the thee's, thou's and thy's to the KJV Bible when you encourage them to read it at the appropriate time. REMEMBER: You plant seeds. You can plant those seeds only into an open mind. Don't close it by how you approach someone!
I haven't been sworn in but I have been sworn at??

• Haha
Reactions: The Learner