Have You Made Plans?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trumpeter

Mar 6, 2013
Alberta, Canada
John S said:
Trumpeter - So you don't have a house, furniture, car, money in the bank, or anything else. I guess you borrow the computer that you are posting on.

Apparently, no one has any pets - or any that they care enough about.
Trumpeter - So you don't have a house,
We rent.

furniture,
Bought it all at a ridiculously low price on Kijiji

car,
6 yrs old and paid for.

money in the bank,
No, my wife and I have always lived pay check to pay check and the Lord has always provided.

or anything else.
Not really, and anything that is left, my unsaved relatives can fight over.

I guess you borrow the computer that you are posting on.
Actually i own a really nice MacBook Pro which I replace every 3 yrs or so.
That's one thing I won't skimp on.

Apparently, no one has any pets - or any that they care enough about.

We own a parrot (which we chose not to have chipped).
He wouldn't last too long after we're gone anyways.
He'll either die in one of the cataclysms that's going to come upon the earth or some starving person will end up eating him for food.
We're not worried about him because we believe he will be in heaven with us.

John S

Jun 4, 2013
Pennsylvania
Niki - What do you mean that your pets are saved?

Trumpeter - Your parrot is going to Heaven also? I didn't know that animals go to Heaven.

Andy - The stuff won't hit the fan right away. In a week or so, they will die of thirst if they are in the house when you leave.

Niki

May 28, 2013
John~ I was kidding..hence the smiley?

Sorry...I noticed that you mentioned pets and no one responded...so, I did. see below please

What is a "Left Behind" Gubmint?
I doubt that everyone has implanted a microchip into their pets.
So you find this thread funny - O.K. Have you made any plans?
worse..my dogs ARE microchipped ;)

animals are not moral agents...they don't have to make the choices we do

OK...true story here...a church I once went to, the pastor was convinced Jesus was coming back at a certain date according to a book...most of the church
jumped on the bandwagon to the point that some people had their pets euthanized at the vet

I'm not worried about my pets....I also don't believe in pre-Trib so be concerned about me....well not really...sorry...pulling your leg abit I think

oh yeah...the ending to the story? Jesus did not come back on that date. The pets were dead. I don't go there anymore

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
Niki said:
My pets are saved. OK? :D
Are you sure? What if one of your pets does not believe in the Rapture and the other one does? In certain tree house circles it appears to be a "salvific issue" especially if one parakeet disagrees with the other, (which is apparently to be teaching doctrines of devils no matter which side of the tree branch one may be perched upon in many cases). I certainly hope those twain Parakleton in your avatar are in agreement so that neither of them will be found to be teaching doctrines of devils! Wait, I think the statement "twain Parakleton" in itself might be raising another "salvific issue" of greater consequences. :lol:

John S said:
You and I have reached virtually the same conclusions on how truly evil the Pre-Trib Rapture Doctrine is.
Sorry "John S" but after just recently reading how "truly evil" you believe "the Pre-Trib Rapture Doctrine is" it was difficult to take this thread with all seriousness, (even though my previous Reply#20 above was offered with all seriousness from the heart). :)

John S said:
Post - Tribbers, No - Tribbers, and Preterists - This is going to be the one thread that does not question the validity of the Pre-Trib doctrine. I'm sure that there are plenty more threads that you can do that on. This is a SERIOUS question for those who believe in the Pre-Trib Rapture.

Pre-Tribbers - You believe that you are going to be whisked away at any moment.
In fact if I was a "Pre-Tribber" I know for certain by your opening tenor that I would not be able to take this thread seriously.
Seems too much like Sylvester the Cat trying to talk Tweety Bird into opening the cage door, (no offense Niki). :ph34r:

Trumpeter

Mar 6, 2013
Alberta, Canada
John S said:
Trumpeter - Your parrot is going to Heaven also? I didn't know that animals go to Heaven.
Rev 19:14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses.

All things obey The Father and are under God’s control, save that which is given free will. But even that formed from the dust (atoms, molecules, elements, carbon, etc.) does not have life, unless His spirit of breath is given.That, which has life, has God’s life-giving spirit within it... And that, which is given, returns to The Father at death. But that, which has His breath and image, becomes a living soul... To these is given understanding and free will. And the rest (plants, animals, etc.) only know that which they already have written in their being (DNA).

For all have the fingerprint of God,
But only to Adam was God’s breath and image given...

For man has the breath (consciousness and life) and image I gave him...
And to all other things, alive on the earth, is another kind of breath given.

To man, God’s breath through His Son...

And to the creatures and plants, another, each after their kind...
And man’s after the kind that is in Me, that I have shared with you.

By Me, all things were made that were made...

Even all the worlds you see in the heavens,
I have created them for you.

Excerpt from:

Everything, That Was Made, Exists Because of God, Who Created All Things...With All Things Being In Subjection To His Absolute Authority
http://trumpetcallofgodonline.com/index.php5?title=Everything%2C_That_Was_Made%2C_Exists_Because_of_God%2C_Who_Created_All_Things...With_All_Things_Being_In_Subjection_To_His_Absolute_Authority

John S

Jun 4, 2013
Pennsylvania
Niki - I'm Sorry. I misunderstood your joke.
At least that church had a plan. It didn't work out too well but they thought about it.

Daq - YES - That's my feeling on the topic but I DID say that this would NOT be a confrontational thread - at least not from me.
You say that you are leaving. I just think that you should cover all of your bases - your property, your pets, your non-religious child, etc. You won't be giving it away until the day that you leave, so it won't hurt anything to be prepared. A will is just a piece of paper that you can do online.

Trumpeter believes that his pet parrot will be going to Heaven also. I guess others feel this way also.

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
John S said:
At least that church had a plan. It didn't work out too well but they thought about it.

Daq - YES - That's my feeling on the topic but I DID say that this would NOT be a confrontational thread - at least not from me.
You say that you are leaving. I just think that you should cover all of your bases - your property, your pets, your non-religious child, etc. You won't be giving it away until the day that you leave, so it won't hurt anything to be prepared. A will is just a piece of paper that you can do online.

Trumpeter believes that his pet parrot will be going to Heaven also. I guess others feel this way also.
Where did I say I was "leaving" (future tense)? I said no such thing. :)

Niki

May 28, 2013
Niki, on 18 Jun 2013 - 1:49 PM, said:
Niki said:
My pets are saved. OK? :D
Daq:
Are you sure? What if one of your pets does not believe in the Rapture and the other one does? In certain tree house circles it appears to be a "salvific issue" especially if one parakeet disagrees with the other, (which is apparently to be teaching doctrines of devils no matter which side of the tree branch one may be perched upon in many cases). I certainly hope those twain Parakleton in your avatar are in agreement so that neither of them will be found to be teaching doctrines of devils! Wait, I think the statement "twain Parakleton" in itself might be raising another "salvific issue" of greater consequences. :lol:

Now that you mention it, there are disagreements about whether or not they should read from anything but the KJV. I have assured them it is ok, but lately, one of them watches me
when he thinks I am not looking. I suspect some sort of backbiting.

Well I wouldn't call it a plan...so much as chaos

You really are serious about this aren't you! Now I have to decide if I should pin little notes to their collars...but then I would tear up looking into their trusting eyes....knowing
they will be without their 'giver of food' and 'dispenser of treats'

OK...sorry. Do carry on.

John S

Jun 4, 2013
Pennsylvania
Daq - I just assumed that you are a Pre-tribber. If I am mistaken, then I'm Sorry.

Niki - You're nasty - but you're funny.
Heck YES - I'm serious. Don't you prepare when you go on a vacation? Shouldn't these people prepare for when they go away permanently? It's not like they have to spend alot of money on an online will. Asking someone to take care of their pets or non-religious children is something that should also be done.
Be careful about those parakeets talking behind your back. They MIGHT be plotting something.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Where is your faith? When God brought the Hebrews out of Egypt did He tell them to make plans??
Or did He provide them their needs for He is Creator of all things and can instantly bring food to those who have not put faith in their own hand for their provision.. but trusts fully in their ALMIGHTY GOD and Father who is a GOOD FATHER & provider to HIS children who walk by faith and not by sight!

We are not to worry about what we eat or wear for we are to cast all our cares upon God for He cares for us.. Our work is to stay faithful to Christ through it all, meaning to abide in God's Word in all your actions no matter what it looks like, seems like in the natural. The spiritual world is more real than the natural and by faith alone are you delivered. When you bring your own supplies then you are showing unbelief in God for God does not need OUR hand in it unless you claim to be your own god. The more of your hand in the matter that God sees, the less of His hand are you going to get!

You want to make some serious plans?
Then lift up your eyes to heaven and say Father, I do not know what tomorrow brings but I am TRUSTING YOU to provide, protect and lead me to the way of safety and I realize that my earthly possessions are nothing and will rot, rust and die just as when an earthquake or tornado returns the physical into the dust of the earth, so shall mine, so please forgive me of this idolatry of worrying about fleshly things that have NO REAL VALUE for I understand that it is not of them that I live, but by FAITH do I have my being for it is written: The JUST shall live by faith and not by sight. Faith without works(stepping out on God's Word of promise in TRUST) is DEAD FAITH.

Blessing to those who understand.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
John S said:
What is a "Left Behind" Gubmint?
I doubt that everyone has implanted a microchip into their pets.
So you find this thread funny - O.K. Have you made any plans?
I think this is hilarious and a subtle lampoon on pre tribbers. I wonder if any enterprising lawyers have come up with the idea of charging them to set up a "rapture will" so that their property and assets are properly distributed in the next dispensation. I would give that a try but one, I'm not a lawyer, and two, I couldn't keep a straight face taking their money.

Niki

May 28, 2013
John S said:
Daq - I just assumed that you are a Pre-tribber. If I am mistaken, then I'm Sorry.

Niki - You're nasty - but you're funny.
Heck YES - I'm serious. Don't you prepare when you go on a vacation? Shouldn't these people prepare for when they go away permanently? It's not like they have to spend alot of money on an online will. Asking someone to take care of their pets or non-religious children is something that should also be done.
Be careful about those parakeets talking behind your back. They MIGHT be plotting something.

No. Just funny. I am not at all nasty. I do have a bit of an odd sense of humor but I can also be quite serious. If I thought I was being nasty, I would stop...
I am sorry if I came across that way, it really is not my intention. :(

no parakeets...that was daq's invention...he was funny too.

I've made a will.....but think the recipients won't be here either....otherwise, does it really matter? sorry, I don't think it does.....I love my pets and I look
after them, but do you have a thought as to how many things will be at loose ends? I sincerely doubt all wishes would be respected

Well, that's enough

Thanks

Trumpeter

Mar 6, 2013
Alberta, Canada
afaithfulone4u said:
Where is your faith? When God brought the Hebrews out of Egypt did He tell them to make plans??
Or did He provide them their needs for He is Creator of all things and can instantly bring food to those who have not put faith in their own hand for their provision.. but trusts fully in their ALMIGHTY GOD and Father who is a GOOD FATHER & provider to HIS children who walk by faith and not by sight!

We are not to worry about what we eat or wear for we are to cast all our cares upon God for He cares for us.. Our work is to stay faithful to Christ through it all, meaning to abide in God's Word in all your actions no matter what it looks like, seems like in the natural. The spiritual world is more real than the natural and by faith alone are you delivered. When you bring your own supplies then you are showing unbelief in God for God does not need OUR hand in it unless you claim to be your own god. The more of your hand in the matter that God sees, the less of His hand are you going to get!

You want to make some serious plans?
Then lift up your eyes to heaven and say Father, I do not know what tomorrow brings but I am TRUSTING YOU to provide, protect and lead me to the way of safety and I realize that my earthly possessions are nothing and will rot, rust and die just as when an earthquake or tornado returns the physical into the dust of the earth, so shall mine, so please forgive me of this idolatry of worrying about fleshly things that have NO REAL VALUE for I understand that it is not of them that I live, but by FAITH do I have my being for it is written: The JUST shall live by faith and not by sight. Faith without works(stepping out on God's Word of promise in TRUST) is DEAD FAITH.

Blessing to those who understand.
Amen faithful!

Isa 30:1 "Woe to the rebellious children," says the LORD, "Who take counsel, but not of Me, And who devise plans, but not of My Spirit, That they may add sin to sin;

Mat 6:19 "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal;

Mat 6:20 "but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.

Mat 6:21 "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Mat 6:25 "Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?

Mat 6:26 "Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?

Mat 6:27 "Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?

Mat 6:28 "So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin;

Mat 6:29 "and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Mat 6:30 "Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, [will He] not much more [clothe] you, O you of little faith?

Mat 6:31 "Therefore do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'

Mat 6:32 "For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.

Mat 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

Mat 6:34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day [is] its own trouble.

John S

Jun 4, 2013
Pennsylvania
AFO4U - When you leave, who is going to take care of your pets, if you have any? God isn't going to keep them from dying of thirst.That is going to be your job. As far as your possessons go, God told you not to worry about obtaining them but now that you have them, you should plan on getting rid of them BEFORE you leave.

TVOT - You can now make a will online. You don't even need a lawyer. Besides, when it comes to making money, I DOUBT that lawyers smile. (That last sentence is LOL - I guess I need to start saying that.)

Niki - Again - I'm Sorry. I didn't mean nasty in an evil way. I guess an LOL should have been put there.

Niki

May 28, 2013
Niki - Again - I'm Sorry. I didn't mean nasty in an evil way. I guess an LOL should have been put there.
OK...thanks John. Hard to tell sometimes on a forum what someone is thinking. No problem! :)

John S

Jun 4, 2013
Pennsylvania
Niki - I guess that we weren't speaking the same "language". You thought that I was joking when I was serious and I thought that you were joking when you were serious. Oh Well. These things happen on a web site sometimes.

Since I guess most of the Pre-tribbers have given their opinions, this thread is probably coming to a close. O.K.
Don't be selfish. Do your pets and/or wayward children a favor by making plans to take care of them BEFORE you leave. It is the "Christian" thing to do.