Have You Received The Holy Ghost ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
578099_378990588826373_100001463049653_1066672_910788269_n.jpg

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only because the Holy Ghost received me first.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Good question! Yes, most certainly...and here's how I know. My desires have changed and I now long for Jesus more than I long for anything else! There are other signs as well, but I think those are the biggest...perhaps along with conviction of my sins from the Spirit as well!

neophyte

Apr 25, 2012
Yes , because Mary the mother of Jesus directed me to Jesus and then the Holy Spirit converted me and directed me to Christ's Church. Only the Holy Spirit can convert us to Christianity.Some people will direct us to Jesus but it is only the Holy Spirit that will convert us to the true fullness of Christianity.Truth can not contradict truth.

elysian

Oct 9, 2011
No. There is no such thing, it is symbolic. Our job as Christians is to be Christ-like, not worry about pentecostal stuff like receiving the spirit and dancing, singing etc.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Yes, because without The Holy Spirit we can do nothing without Him.

My second question would be,

'do you have the SPARE VESSEL of the Oil (Holy Spirit)?

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
No. There is no such thing, it is symbolic. Our job as Christians is to be Christ-like, not worry about pentecostal stuff like receiving the spirit and dancing, singing etc.

:blink:
There is something that would disagree with you strongly. It's called the Bible. Dancing and singing is not necessary for a Christian life here...although if you think it to be rubbish, one wonders how bored you'll be in heaven when we spend time glorifying God in this manner. But the Spirit? Seriously...no such thing?? What religion do you call yourself? Because you're not Christian.

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia

I have received the Holy Ghost, with evidence of speaking in tongues. I've never danced or run around, but I have been slain in the spirit. All I can say is, if you don't want to start jumping up and down with excitement when you are worshipping God, then either your church is dead, you are dead, or both are dead (spiritually).

As Rach said, the Bible disagrees strongly. Even David, before the dispensation of Grace, danced before the Lord and he never had the Holy Ghost! No wonder God called him a man after his own heart!

Reactions: IanLC and Angelina

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
Like salvation, being baptized in the Holy Ghost is a gift to be receieved. It is different from the new birth experience where the human spirit is made new by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit our guide. I have received the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in tongues which is different from the gift of speaking in tongues or the interpretation of tongues. Being filled with the Holy Ghost is empowering and assists us in day to day living.

JLB

Mar 25, 2012
The Lord Jesus Himself called the baptism of The Holy Spirit - "The Promise of The Father"

4 And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, "which," He said, "you have heard from Me; 5 for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now."

The word of God is clear - The baptism of The Holy Spirit is a distinct and different baptism, than being baptized in water.

Thanks, JLB

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
Yes by my acceptance and confession in Jesus I was sealed with the Holy Ghost (Ephesians 1:13)
By my asking and seeking I was baptized with the Holy Gost and fire (Acts 1:5, Matthew 7:7)
By grace through faith the Holy Ghost is sanctifying me (1 Thess 5:23)
Through my Chrisitan walk I am continuely filled with the Holy Ghost (Ephesians 5:18)
By faith I have received the biblical initial evidence of the Holy Ghost (Acts 2:4, Acts 19:6, 10:46)
So yes I have received the Holy Ghost since Ive believed!

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Elysian. Not every one baptized in the holy spirit, speeks in tounges, or prophesy, or dance, or weeps, And the Baptism of the Holy Spirit is NOT symbloic. I was Baptised by the Holy Spirit when I was about 10yrs old, It was very profound ! you can read about it in new member welcome forum page #2 Pompadour.
I hope one day you will be Baptised with the Holy Spirit also............... seek, knock, and ask.
pomp.

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
Yes by my acceptance and confession in Jesus I was sealed with the Holy Ghost (Ephesians 1:13)
By my asking and seeking I was baptized with the Holy Gost and fire (Acts 1:5, Matthew 7:7)
By grace through faith the Holy Ghost is sanctifying me (1 Thess 5:23)
Through my Chrisitan walk I am continuely filled with the Holy Ghost (Ephesians 5:18)
By faith I have received the biblical initial evidence of the Holy Ghost (Acts 2:4, Acts 19:6, 10:46)
So yes I have received the Holy Ghost since Ive believed!
Praise The Lord !!!

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
I was given the Holy Spirit the day I accepted Christ as my Saviour--May 18, 1963. "So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his." Romans 8:8,9

If we don't have the Spirit of God (Holy Spirit) in us, then we are not one of His. We are still lost in our sins. Having the Holy Spirit within you is not "Pentecostal", it is Biblical and absolutely necessary. Of course, we are given that Spirit at the time of our rebirth into the family of God.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Although I do believe that the Holy Spirit comes to us during baptism - I do not believe this is always the case - God is more dynamic than we can imagine. The danger of doctrine and our tendency to only accept a literal translation of scripture and doctrine is that our understanding of God becomes limited. Often, it is an attempt to control God - our own Tower of Babel.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
veteran said, 'Yes, because without The Holy Spirit we can do nothing without Him.

My second question would be,

'do you have the SPARE VESSEL of the Oil (Holy Spirit)?'

Great second question. Thank you, brother. I needed to hear that.