He Answers You

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He Answers You
double-divider-02.gif

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
“I will answer them before they even call to Me...”
(Isaiah 65:24, NLT)

divider-02.gif

TODAY’S WORD from Joel and Victoria
Have you ever thought about something you wanted or needed, and suddenly that need was supplied even before you had time to stop and pray? God knows your needs before you even speak them. He wants to provide for you and answer the very desires of your heart. Don’t ever think God is too busy to answer you. Don’t ever think your needs are too small or that you don’t matter. The truth is that He cares about everything that concerns you, and He loves to hear you call upon His name! When you put Him first in everything you do, when you faithfully follow His commands, He’ll pour out an extra portion of His goodness and favor upon you!

Remember, you are very special to God, and He hears you and answers you. It may not be in your timing or in the way you expected, but know that He always has your best interest at heart. He is working things out for your good, and He will always answer — sometimes before you even call!

divider-02.gif

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father in heaven, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. I trust that You hear me and that You will answer me. Show me Your ways and teach me to trust in You as I surrender to You every area of life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen

Joshua David

Feb 10, 2011
That scripture is for the Millennium Reign of Christ. I am not saying that God doesn't answer prayers, because I am a testament to the fact that he does. But he also says that if you have your sin can hinder your prayers.

And this is something that Mr. Olsteen rarely if ever teaches on.

Joshua David

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The header of this forum read....

We must all learn the milk before the meat. (I Corinthians 3:2)

In which... The teachings of Joel Osteen are very 'milky.' I post these things as most of the postings here IMHO lack milk and to bring a little balance to this board. However... After reading your post, I will have to start double checking Joel Osteens material to make sure that he did not take the scriptural text out of context.

There are many preachers who have the doctorate degrees, will teach heavy messages, and then proceed to pray a prayer to the Father and omit the name of Jesus. They have also figured out in their mind that the days of healing and miracles are over. Their minds are overly complex. Examples of the 'mind gone wild' are John Calvin and John MacArthur.

In December 1989, the Bible Broadcasting Network terminated MacArthur's "Grace to You" program. In explaining that step, BBN president Lowell Davey referred to MacArthur's teachings on the blood of Christ, "Lordship Salvation," and, "Hyper-Calvinism." Davey called these teachings, "confusing." In a letter dated January 15, 1990, Davey cited a, "....drift by Dr. MacArthur to a theological position that we could not adhere to," and said that MacArthur's sermon series on the theology of election, "....convinced us that the direction of 'Grace to You' was toward Hyper-Calvinism...." MacArthur preaches "Salvation" by election of God's sovereignty.[17] However, the term "Hyper-Calvinism" is used by some to denote 5-point Calvinism or even any strong defense of Calvinism, rather than the historical "Hyper-Calvinism" position that only the "Elect" may be offered the Gospel. This position does not seem to reflect the truth of MacArthur's position in his sermons. The controversy concerning the efficacy of the Christ's blood stems from MacArthur's statement that it is not the literal liquid blood of Christ that saves, but his sacrificial death on the Cross, a view that he espoused in an article titled, "Not His Bleeding, but His Dying," published in the May 1976 issue of the Grace to You family paper that is distributed to his church. (citing MacAurthur_vs_Davey)

So there are issues with most every preacher these days. In which I do not recommend for anyone to follow Joel Osteen or any other man but Christ Jesus. As I am familiar with all the arguments of John Calvin and Jacob Arminius I could really get complicated in my postings seeking to disprove things like the points of John Calvin. In which all I would end up doing is stirring up the old spirit of variance. Read the Gospels and you will find that the foundations of the teachings are faith. How many times did the Lord say "Oh ye of little faith?" or chastise his disciples over their lack of faith? As Joel Osteens teachings (notice I didn't say preachings) tend to center around simple faith I think that for the babe in Christ this as good stuff. As I said... I just got to make sure that the scriptures were taken in context.

Joshua David

Feb 10, 2011
The header of this forum read....

We must all learn the milk before the meat. (I Corinthians 3:2)

In which... The teachings of Joel Osteen are very 'milky.' I post these things as most of the postings here IMHO lack milk and to bring a little balance to this board. However... After reading your post, I will have to start double checking Joel Osteens material to make sure that he did not take the scriptural text out of context.

There are many preachers who have the doctorate degrees, will teach heavy messages, and then proceed to pray a prayer to the Father and omit the name of Jesus. They have also figured out in their mind that the days of healing and miracles are over. Their minds are overly complex. Examples of the 'mind gone wild' are John Calvin and John MacArthur.

In December 1989, the Bible Broadcasting Network terminated MacArthur's "Grace to You" program. In explaining that step, BBN president Lowell Davey referred to MacArthur's teachings on the blood of Christ, "Lordship Salvation," and, "Hyper-Calvinism." Davey called these teachings, "confusing." In a letter dated January 15, 1990, Davey cited a, "....drift by Dr. MacArthur to a theological position that we could not adhere to," and said that MacArthur's sermon series on the theology of election, "....convinced us that the direction of 'Grace to You' was toward Hyper-Calvinism...." MacArthur preaches "Salvation" by election of God's sovereignty.[17] However, the term "Hyper-Calvinism" is used by some to denote 5-point Calvinism or even any strong defense of Calvinism, rather than the historical "Hyper-Calvinism" position that only the "Elect" may be offered the Gospel. This position does not seem to reflect the truth of MacArthur's position in his sermons. The controversy concerning the efficacy of the Christ's blood stems from MacArthur's statement that it is not the literal liquid blood of Christ that saves, but his sacrificial death on the Cross, a view that he espoused in an article titled, "Not His Bleeding, but His Dying," published in the May 1976 issue of the Grace to You family paper that is distributed to his church. (citing MacAurthur_vs_Davey)

So there are issues with most every preacher these days. In which I do not recommend for anyone to follow Joel Osteen or any other man but Christ Jesus. As I am familiar with all the arguments of John Calvin and Jacob Arminius I could really get complicated in my postings seeking to disprove things like the points of John Calvin. In which all I would end up doing is stirring up the old spirit of variance. Read the Gospels and you will find that the foundations of the teachings are faith. How many times did the Lord say "Oh ye of little faith?" or chastise his disciples over their lack of faith? As Joel Osteens teachings (notice I didn't say preachings) tend to center around simple faith I think that for the babe in Christ this as good stuff. As I said... I just got to make sure that the scriptures were taken in context.

I do understand what you are saying... And yes I am see where He would have a good nugget from time to time, but dealing with sin is another part of the milk. There is more to the milk than saying a prayer and having a positive attitude.

I am sorry, I know you were just trying to add some encouragement to this board. I did not intend on disrupting your thread. Please forgive me. I sometime struggle with a cynical spirit when it comes to certain t v evangelists.

Joshua David

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do understand what you are saying... And yes I am see where He would have a good nugget from time to time, but dealing with sin is another part of the milk. There is more to the milk than saying a prayer and having a positive attitude.

I am sorry, I know you were just trying to add some encouragement to this board. I did not intend on disrupting your thread. Please forgive me. I sometime struggle with a cynical spirit when it comes to certain t v evangelists.

Joshua David

Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.- 1 Corinthians 8:1

Dear sir! As far as I am concerned you are more than welcome and encouraged to post whatever you want! And Joel Osteen does take the scripture out of context from time to time, as I said I need to double check his material. So I will thank you for pointing that out. It cannot be denied that Joel Osteen is very weak scripturally. However there are also disadvantages for those who have an overly complex mind in that they don't have any faith or spiritual virtue.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
That scripture is for the Millennium Reign of Christ. I am not saying that God doesn't answer prayers, because I am a testament to the fact that he does. But he also says that if you have your sin can hinder your prayers.

And this is something that Mr. Olsteen rarely if ever teaches on.

Joshua David

Your statement that "sin can hinder your prayers" is indeed something that few touch on. THANK YOU for being bold enough to say so. My hat is off to you, sir.

The cumulative effect of sin in the life of the believer is rarely explored by the spoken or written word of any TV preacher. It isn't popular and it won't inspire contributions, which is why you won't hear it from the like of Mr. Olsteen. Give them your credit card and you can hear or read a fairy tale especially crafted for gullible adults. Mr. Olsteen is on record for denying the basic Christian belief that you must accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour. He can't insist on that and expect maximum return on his Sunday entertainment now can he?

Mr. Olsteen and company expressly FORBID advanced Christian education for their staff and discredit those on the payroll that already have it or attempt to promote it. Although I do not know if Olsteen is guilty of indescretion, I do know that many of his staff are playing hanky panky in the offices there - and I'm not referring to children's card games either. There is also a fair amount of money being siphoned off for purposes other than that of the ministry. Sex and money. It's always about sex and money.

Wait and watch and see. The dirty laundry will come to the light of day before long. God is able to pluck His own geese and plucking day isn't far off.

Suffice it to say that Mr. Olsteen and his ilk specialize in commercial religion.
IMO they are religious opportunists and cannot provide the meat or even the milk of good Christian teaching.