Hearing Him means you get changed the most

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I normally think of testimonies I of course think of the way He came into my life - which was with three words "Read You Bible" that hit me so hard I literally started shaking. Or sometime I think of testimonies as being the incredible ways He had me help other and that I say He perform miracles in me and the people around me. Even in the first couple of years with Him I had seen Him perform miracle healings on my daughter, son, mom, and two ladies at work ( and one of the ladies got two miracle healings - both wrists) I also saw many other incredible things.

Yet despite all that, the person He changed, taught, and dealt with was me. I can't stress this enough, because if He did all He did for me, then He will do every bit as much for you!!

However it is really strange dealing with Him because His thoughts are not and will not be your thoughts. He is just God and you can't think like Him.

I want to give some examples, as testimonies about Him:

I remember when He had asked me to take five dollars and go tell a man running in the park if I could talk to him and offer the five dollars for the opportunity. It seemed stupid, but I did it be He, God, asked me to. It still seems stupid. That guy looked at me like I was crazy and dangerous. So embarrassing.

Then the Lord tells me, "Karl, you can't pay people to listen to you tell them about me. They will just think you are crazy."

There is a verse in the Bible that says that He killed them and they sought Him. Ever wonder why it does not read, 'And He paid them and they sought Him'

Another time He had me walk to the park where a group of seemingly mentally and physically deformed people had taken it over. They had about three people supervising them, and I was thinking what a rough job it must be having to watch over all those with problems. Instantly the Lord told me, "They are soooo blessed Karl. They are in a perfect position to learn how to love people and thus find Me."

He is called Teacher, and He is mostly that. Everyday I choose to seek Him and listen to Him He is teaching me, and even the days I don't want to.

So He is the Teacher, and even a friend that you can talk to!!

Honestly, that is the real testimony I have about Him - That the King of kings, creator of all things, God - is my teacher and friend!

He is weird, because He thoughts are not my thoughts and never will be, but it is interesting to know Him and learn from Him!

I remember when He asked me to drive a couple of towns over to go to a certain thrift store with me wife. What senses did that make? But as we were leaving it turned out that an old lady was stranded there by her son and desperately needed a ride home. So it turned out the whole purpose of going there had been to help this old lady --- or was the purpose that I should know that He cares for people and needs people who will simply listen to Him?

Reactions: Mantis

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and needs people who will simply listen to Him?

Do you know, God has many ways by which He works in man? Do you know, God doesn't need anyone at all? And He doesn't need any sort of a one? You know the Scripture . . . From these stones God is able to raise up sons for Abraham . . . who ever heard of someone opening the eyes of one who was born blind?

And there are those who are led by the Spirit of God within them so seamlessly there is no dividing between Spirit and spirit.

Much love!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know, God has many ways by which He works in man? Do you know, God doesn't need anyone at all? And He doesn't need any sort of a one? You know the Scripture . . . From these stones God is able to raise up sons for Abraham . . . who ever heard of someone opening the eyes of one who was born blind?

And there are those who are led by the Spirit of God within them so seamlessly there is no dividing between Spirit and spirit.

Much love!

Yes - God has more ideas and ways than we can think of --- but we are told to preach "The Word" who is Jesus Christ because we find His words fro His Holy Spirit in our heart and sometime on our lips. So I can and intend to give testimonies about dreams and have given testimonies about visions, and as shown He uses people, circumstance - never-the-less - I focus on preaching the Word (Jesus Christ talking to us personally)

And note the Bible says faith comes from hearing from God, and we are saved by faith. So what of someone who says they have faith in God but has never actually heard Him speaking to them personally?

Anyway - this is not a theology section but if you care to know why I focus on testimonies about hearing from Him that is a big part of the reason. Another part if that is why so many testimonies happen - because we hear from the Lord via the Holy Spirit.

Did not Paul ask the Galatians if they received the Holy Spirit by works of the Law of by hearing with faith? The fact is that we receive the Holy Spirit because we hear by faith!! Paul knew that.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jeremiah 23:28-29 KJV
28) The prophet that hath a dream, let him tell a dream; and he that hath my word, let him speak my word faithfully. What is the chaff to the wheat? saith the LORD.
29) Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?

Anyway - this is not a theology section but if you care to know why I focus on testimonies about hearing from Him that is a big part of the reason. Another part if that is why so many testimonies happen - because we hear from the Lord via the Holy Spirit.

However, you make a doctrinal statement in your thread title, one which, if taken in the way you mean it, I most heartily disagree with.

You appear to have the idea that you hear God speaking in your mind/heart, which I have no issue with. But in your idea, this somehow elevates you above your brothers, that you are being "changed more" because you "hear Him more".

In this you seem to elevate the voice in your mind above the written Scriptures. I think that is a mistake. I think the Bible comes first.

For myself, I will always elevate the Bible over the thoughts in my mind. I don't say God doesn't speak directly to us, I know He does. Just the same . . . what is that compared to, It Is Written?

Much love!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jeremiah 23:28-29 KJV
28) The prophet that hath a dream, let him tell a dream; and he that hath my word, let him speak my word faithfully. What is the chaff to the wheat? saith the LORD.
29) Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?

However, you make a doctrinal statement in your thread title, one which, if taken in the way you mean it, I most heartily disagree with.

You appear to have the idea that you hear God speaking in your mind/heart, which I have no issue with. But in your idea, this somehow elevates you above your brothers, that you are being "changed more" because you "hear Him more".

In this you seem to elevate the voice in your mind above the written Scriptures. I think that is a mistake. I think the Bible comes first.

For myself, I will always elevate the Bible over the thoughts in my mind. I don't say God doesn't speak directly to us, I know He does. Just the same . . . what is that compared to, It Is Written?

Much love!

You think I believe that hearing from the Lord elevates me above "brothers" (other Christians)????

Who gave you that idea.

Have we not read that His sheep hear His voice???

If His sheep hear His voice then every one of His sheep do hear His voice!!! Period!!!

Now getting a dream does not mean you hear His voice. For example Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon got a dream that he knew was from God. He did however not know the meaning of it. That happens because we can get a dream realize it is from God and yet because we don't know how to hear from the Lord we don't have the meaning explained to us. Yet Daniel not only got the dream, but got the meaning too. Perhaps a person might think Daniel was so smart he could figure it out where as Nebuchadnezzar couldn't, but that does make sense and is not how it works. Daniel could hear from the Lord and got it explained to him, so he could explain it to the king.

So getting a dream from God does not mean you are His sheep. His sheep hear His voice. Still there are many Christians who have and can hear His voice but don't they don't actually seek Him for an explanation. Many often tend to lean on their own understanding even after they come to believe in Him. The Galatians were a good example of that. We find from Paul that they had heard from the Lord, but somehow got bewitched and turned back to trying to just lean their understanding of the Law instead of hearing the Lord by faith.

So Paul wrote to the Galatians, but was Paul trying to set himself above "his brothers" the Galatians or was Paul trying to help them?

The Lord asks me to come and post. He asked me this morning, and again now before going to bed, because He wants His sheep hearing His voice!!!

If you get a dream - take that dream to the Lord and listen to what He has to tell you about it, then you will be like Daniel or Paul who explained he took all thoughts captive to Jesus Christ. That is good advice. It is the advice I give myself, not that I talk all thoughts captive to Him. That is just what I want to do. When I do that it helps me, when I don't (which is often because I get busy and distracted too) then things don't go so well.

Anyway, I am giving testimonies about when I did and it helped. If anyone wants to listen to someone saying that I am putting myself above other Christians --- well you can listen to whatever spirit you want but I would check it.