Hello Everyone

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lute

Dec 6, 2010
NY
hello my name is Uriah, im a new creature in Christ :) the Lord gave me a new heart about 2 years ago. and i have been seeking him ever since. i dont have any believing friends and my walk has been wavering, i feel because of it. (the Lord has also been hinting towards this also) so i have come here to fellowship. i hope i can meet some great brothers an sisters. an hopefully even find some in my area. i really long for face to face fellowship with good friends. :)

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome to the community, Lute! I think you'll be able to find some fellowship here.

I'll be praying for you to find some Christians friends be it here at Christianity Board or in the offline world. It's not easy being the Christian person in the group, but use it as a chance when the appropriate time arises. You just might be where you are to be a powerful witness for someone else.

deprofundis

Dec 3, 2010
Welcome to the community, Lute! I think you'll be able to find some fellowship here.

I'll be praying for you to find some Christians friends be it here at Christianity Board or in the offline world. It's not easy being the Christian person in the group, but use it as a chance when the appropriate time arises. You just might be where you are to be a powerful witness for someone else.

I agree, both that I hope you find fellowship here in this community, and that it can be hard being one of the few Christians around, and others can make offensive statements without even meaning to, but I've also found it a great opportunity to reach out to those around me. As a friend, you've already built up trust with someone that strangers trying to talk to them about the faith simply don't have, and if you're not "pushy" about your faith, merely secure in it, it sends a good signal and can really build the bridge to another finding faith. I've watched several of my atheist friends find belief and a new life in Christ, and more begin the journey, and I think that without a faithful (in both senses of the word) friend around, they may never have. The image of Christians have in the media, both from secular mockeries and some Christians themselves, can be alienating to a lot of people who see it as a faith that embraces ignorance and hatred, and would never open their heart to the Lord because of the false image of Him they have been given. To have an opportunity as a friend to dispel this image is truly His Blessing, and though it may be hard, the hardship truly feels worth it when you can actually reach someone.

shineyourlight_x

Dec 4, 2010
hello my name is Uriah, im a new creature in Christ :) the Lord gave me a new heart about 2 years ago. and i have been seeking him ever since. i dont have any believing friends and my walk has been wavering, i feel because of it. (the Lord has also been hinting towards this also) so i have come here to fellowship. i hope i can meet some great brothers an sisters. an hopefully even find some in my area. i really long for face to face fellowship with good friends. :)
Hey Uriah :]
I hope you enjoy it here! I like it here very much =]
Please know that God will give you godly friends. For many years, I was praying for godly friends. But God wanted me to give up my ungodly friends, because they were the ones pulling me down! SO I prayed a prayer, and God took all my ungodly friends away. So I didnt' have many friends for about a year. After a year, God gave me SOOOOO many godly friends that it's unbelievable. God gave me the desire of my heart. And He will do the same for you. If there's something that God wants you to get rid of in your life (such as ungodly friends) then do it. It's hard. I prayed, because I didn't want to hurt my friends who are unbelievers, so I asked God to make a way for them to be out of my life. And he did it. I didn't have to tell them I didn't want to be friends, God just took them away in His own way!

Psalm 37:4 is a very good scripture. Check it out! =]

Lute

Dec 6, 2010
NY
well i like it so far here. just gotta start reading more threads an more involved. im ussually shy but the Lord has been working on that. im especially shy around other Christians. i think thats why i dont have much fellowship in the real world. but i am a lot more open on here so i think it will help greatly.