Hello!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Alsett

Jan 21, 2015
Ecuador
Hey everyone, my name is Alicia and I am new to the forum. I am from Missouri but currently living and working in Ecuador. I'm hoping through this forum to be able to interact in conversations about scripture, and apologetics. I am a 24 year old non-denominational Christian. I studied zoology in university and now work in environmental education and natural resource conservation. Please feel free to introduce yourself here, and ask any questions about me that you may have.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good day and Happy Easter!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
Land of the Long White Cloud
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi Alicia!
2ykdzkl.gif

2z5pqi8.jpg

Are you a non denominational Pentecostal? and are you in Ecuador as an environmentalist?

15c2eg.gif

13343014.gif
13343019.gif

Bless ya!

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll say welcome, but I cant compete with Angelina :) So for what it's worth, WELCOME!!!! :p

BA

Alsett

Jan 21, 2015
Ecuador
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Angelina: I would not consider myself Pentecostal, just non denominational Christian, though I have been doing some studies on some of the differences in the denominations to have a better understanding of what others believe, what I believe, and ultimately why I believe it.... i.e truth vs. what I like. I've also been looking at other religions to assist me in conversations with people of different religions.

Angelina and StanJ: I work in small community based projects (as a volunteer) in the Amazon. I have a few after school Ecology clubs for kids, waste management type projects that find ways to reduce waste, and how to better deal with the waste that is created (most communities burn their trash) which often includes re-utilizing materials to make new things, reforestation, and community mapping/zoning. I have been here since January 2014, and will be here until April 2016 (God willing). I guess you could call me an Environmentalist, but I consider myself a lot more than that because my work isn't just about the environment but helping people to find equilibrium with living their lives and having the things they need, and protecting the natural gifts around them so that future generations will also be able to live and experience the gifts as well.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alicia, I think you probably share an affinity with at least a few on this board. Are you in to/aware of the Creation Care movement/school of thought?

Regardless, welcome to the community! Nothing wrong with being at least a bit of an Environmentalist. I'll forgive you from hailing from Mizzou (it's a sports-related grievance), but would love to hear more about your experiences in Ecuador. I noted that you mentioned both Apologetics and then learning about some of the other religions out there -- are you encountering something specific in your location?

I look forward to the promise of the renewing of creation at the return of Christ. We really have some amazing treasures already, so imagine what must be when the Bible seems to desire to bring us to the understanding that these wonderful things are groaning for restoration to something even more glorious! That said, too often that is used as an excuse for us to not to conserve them now, but I am preaching to the choir there.

Would love to hear more about your efforts.

Alsett

Jan 21, 2015
Ecuador
Hi HammerStone. I am not familiar with the Creation Care movement, but I'll take a look.

I get a pass because I didn't go to Mizzou, I went to school in IL, so no forgiveness required on that front! I wouldn't say I am encountering anything as much as that I finally have the time to study, read, and do some other fun activities that I didn't have the time for during university as I was a working student. At the same time, I am also in friendships with more non-Christians than at any other point in my life and have had many opportunities to have conversations about religion, and Christianity. I need to feed the spirit so that I am prepared for those conversations. I have also been challenged recently to really seek the truth, and not just what I want to be true.

I know what you mean for sure, Christ didn't call us to sit around and wait for his return, but commissioned us to bring his kingdom here in the present (on earth as it is in heaven). I've always had a love for the Environment and feel called to restore and care for it.

I look forward to future conversations.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Alsett said:
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Angelina: I would not consider myself Pentecostal, just non denominational Christian, though I have been doing some studies on some of the differences in the denominations to have a better understanding of what others believe, what I believe, and ultimately why I believe it.... i.e truth vs. what I like. I've also been looking at other religions to assist me in conversations with people of different religions.

Angelina and StanJ: I work in small community based projects (as a volunteer) in the Amazon. I have a few after school Ecology clubs for kids, waste management type projects that find ways to reduce waste, and how to better deal with the waste that is created (most communities burn their trash) which often includes re-utilizing materials to make new things, reforestation, and community mapping/zoning. I have been here since January 2014, and will be here until April 2016 (God willing). I guess you could call me an Environmentalist, but I consider myself a lot more than that because my work isn't just about the environment but helping people to find equilibrium with living their lives and having the things they need, and protecting the natural gifts around them so that future generations will also be able to live and experience the gifts as well.
Sounds like you're making some good memories. :)