HELP! Is this REALLY true!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BibleByJake

Sep 30, 2007
My pastor, and dear friend of 30 years, sent me an email last Thursday and told me that he was resigning from the church. He told me that he was living a lie for most of his life, and was begging me for forgiveness. He couldn't stop crying.He was crying so hard that he couldn't really speak. I asked him what was wrong? He told me that the long held secret about the Christian church has finally been made public. It was on CNN and FOX news last week and members of the Vatican are holding emergency meetings this Friday to discuss damage control. This is much, much worst than the catholic sex scandal! My pastor told me that it will most assuredly mean the end of Christianity as we know it!My pastor told me that the best way for me to understand what he was talking about was simply to go to www(dot)Zeitgeistmovie(dot)com and to watch it with a prayerful spirit and an open mind.I watched the online video last night with my wife. May God help us all!

Tyrel

Jan 16, 2007
wow. Epic fail. That video couldn't have had any effect on anyone with half a brain. It didn't bring up any good points at all, and the whole beginning played on american emotions. I saw so many american flags in the introduction I got sick. I almost gave up, but then some points came up. However, the points are so weak for anyone who knows and understands these things. For example, When they speak about the earlier gods. Jesus was not born on December 25th, nor were there three magi who found him. Those are, at best, stories surrounding the account in the minds of those who wrote centuries later {kind of like the "Eve ate an apple" conjecture}. The gods previous didn't fit these either, at least not perfectly. They are being made to fit for the sake of proving a point. However, even if one is to argue that Christ was a hellenized Judaic figure of mythology, the abundance of historical data surrounding him is quite in contrast to these other mythologies. For example, although there arose in that era many "secret religions" and mystical beliefs surrounded Jesus, there was also a great volume of intellectual debate stimulated throughout Rome and Jerusalem. Notice that such apologetic or anti-Christian Jews such as Celcus in the 2nd Century AD never once in his arguments against Christianity attacked the reality of the historical figure himself. In fact, putting aside the asinine myths and stories originating from the Gnostics who predate Christianity, the whole of Christendom considered Jesus a historical figure as early as we can possibly hope to tell. For example, though Josephus' note on him is brought into suspicion duely, there is no doubt among historians or scholars that Josephus' mentionings of James as the Brother of Christ, in Jerusalem, was unhistorical. {Jewish Antiquities 20.9.1} There is far too much evidence surrounding Jesus to be simply cast aside. I don't feel like giving a spammer the time of day. If you wish to stop being a tard, I suggest you read through my posts long ago posted on another forum where I saw this issue arise from quite a few people.http://www.perspectives.com/forums/view_to...136&forum_id=70As I said before, epic fail. The Vatican is now being led by quite a bright man. I doubt very much that there will be much damage control... Though, I admit that the ignorance of the common people, and their subsequent gullibility, often impresses and surprises me.Are you the weak willed? Are you a Fool who has bought into a faith against religion? Do not worry, there is hope yet for you. First, stop trolling and spamming, second, start asking yourself why most religious scholars, regardless of belief or background, reject the presented Jesus-myth hypothesis, and finally, open your mind to the wisdom of sound scholarly study.I have already spent more than I should have in words for you. Begin thinking critically, and I'll welcome debate.~Tyrel

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
What a bunch of trash Its the end times we are bombarded with this stuff, the devil wants to destroy Christianity. And with the little amount of teaching going on today is it any wonder people are willing to run at the slightest,doubtIf this minister didn't know that and wasn't any stronger in his faith then that his congregation is probably better off without him.good post BT

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
I only watched the first part regarding astrology being the base of Christianity. I have two things to say about this video that's in serious error. The first thing is general, and the second thing is more specific.The first item is some of us believe God's Word is in the stars (according to Genesis, Psalms, etc) where stellar prophecy revealed to ancient men of God that was the pattern of the actual things to come. Therefore, I would expect the number 12, for instance, to be all over the place. 12 represents the government of God, and he made the twelve signs to reflect that. Before there was a written Bible, men could tell what was going to happen with this "bible in the sky". But fallen man, being what he is, turned this into parallel myths and fortune-telling, hence the similar stories. As for some events coming before Christianity came, that was because the stars already foretold these events to the world, and it was common knowledge. Satan therefore had to imitate his way to try and duplicate the same thing.Now for the second and specific item. If someone like that is going to try to discredit my faith by portraying Christianity as dumb and pagan, and himself as some intellectual, he'd better get his facts straight. Because when anyone talks about stellar alignments, that's more up my alley and they better be sure they know what they are talking about.Well, he does not know what he was talking about. His astronomical observation is riddled with error. I am referencing the "star of the east" Sirius, and the "three king" stars in the belt of Orion. He stated that on December 24th, the star Sirius aligns with the three kings (belt of Orion). that's a half-truth. It aligns ALL THE TIME with them, because the only thing that moves a star relative to the others is their radial and tangential motion, and that takes 1000's of years to notice a difference. As a matter of fact, that is the number one way that basic 101 Astronomy students are told to find Sirius, by extending the belt of Orion out to it---- no matter what time of the year! Cut me a break! He presents it like that was some insider info. Then, he said that Sirius represented the "star of the east". Well, the declination of Sirius is too far south to rise in the East in Israel. The reason I wanted to confirm that fact is because of another point he made: that the alignment of the 3 stars and Sirius points to the location of the sunrise. well, it does not, really. It depends what hour you are observing them as that direction shifts with the rotation of the earth. I had no reference as to what hour he was talking about, so since he mentioned that Sirius was "in the east" I thought I try that on an astronomy program I have. Well, such an alignment does not exist as I already mentioned Sirius does not even cross the east.I have to give a scientific name for this gentleman who opposes Christianity so much. He clearly has ICLDSM for Christianity. That stands for "Impacted Coleoptera at the lower digestive sphincter muscle"
biggrin.gif

For Life

Feb 24, 2007
I have to give a scientific name for this gentleman who opposes Christianity so much. He clearly has ICLDSM for Christianity. That stands for "Impacted Coleoptera at the lower digestive sphincter muscle"
I think he's full of it too. I have never been told what to believe. I have looked into a lot of other things before I found the truth. I don't know what group is behind the attack on Christianity but it all seems to be from the same source to me.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Thanks for that great explanation Tim!Also as BT pointed out and other posts on this site (about the b-day of Christ)any through research into the subject of birth of Christ will tell you he born in Sept.not Dec. any true scientist worth his salt would know this.

Tyrel

Jan 16, 2007
(tim_from_pa;19293)
I only watched the first part regarding astrology being the base of Christianity. I have two things to say about this video that's in serious error. The first thing is general, and the second thing is more specific.The first item is some of us believe God's Word is in the stars (according to Genesis, Psalms, etc) where stellar prophecy revealed to ancient men of God that was the pattern of the actual things to come. Therefore, I would expect the number 12, for instance, to be all over the place. 12 represents the government of God, and he made the twelve signs to reflect that. Before there was a written Bible, men could tell what was going to happen with this "bible in the sky". But fallen man, being what he is, turned this into parallel myths and fortune-telling, hence the similar stories. As for some events coming before Christianity came, that was because the stars already foretold these events to the world, and it was common knowledge. Satan therefore had to imitate his way to try and duplicate the same thing.Now for the second and specific item. If someone like that is going to try to discredit my faith by portraying Christianity as dumb and pagan, and himself as some intellectual, he'd better get his facts straight. Because when anyone talks about stellar alignments, that's more up my alley and they better be sure they know what they are talking about.Well, he does not know what he was talking about. His astronomical observation is riddled with error. I am referencing the "star of the east" Sirius, and the "three king" stars in the belt of Orion. He stated that on December 24th, the star Sirius aligns with the three kings (belt of Orion). that's a half-truth. It aligns ALL THE TIME with them, because the only thing that moves a star relative to the others is their radial and tangential motion, and that takes 1000's of years to notice a difference. As a matter of fact, that is the number one way that basic 101 Astronomy students are told to find Sirius, by extending the belt of Orion out to it---- no matter what time of the year! Cut me a break! He presents it like that was some insider info. Then, he said that Sirius represented the "star of the east". Well, the declination of Sirius is too far south to rise in the East in Israel. The reason I wanted to confirm that fact is because of another point he made: that the alignment of the 3 stars and Sirius points to the location of the sunrise. well, it does not, really. It depends what hour you are observing them as that direction shifts with the rotation of the earth. I had no reference as to what hour he was talking about, so since he mentioned that Sirius was "in the east" I thought I try that on an astronomy program I have. Well, such an alignment does not exist as I already mentioned Sirius does not even cross the east.I have to give a scientific name for this gentleman who opposes Christianity so much. He clearly has ICLDSM for Christianity. That stands for "Impacted Coleoptera at the lower digestive sphincter muscle"
biggrin.gif

So, together, we've already brought sufficient evidence to refute the premise that there is no grounds for assuming the historicity of Jesus' character, and to refute some of the proposed astrological evidence as applicable to the case the video attempted to make.I much wish this spammer to read what we wrote.

Amy

Aug 7, 2007
(BibleByJake;19236)
My pastor, and dear friend of 30 years, sent me an email last Thursday and told me that he was resigning from the church. He told me that he was living a lie for most of his life, and was begging me for forgiveness. He couldn't stop crying.He was crying so hard that he couldn't really speak. I asked him what was wrong? He told me that the long held secret about the Christian church has finally been made public. It was on CNN and FOX news last week and members of the Vatican are holding emergency meetings this Friday to discuss damage control. This is much, much worst than the catholic sex scandal! My pastor told me that it will most assuredly mean the end of Christianity as we know it!My pastor told me that the best way for me to understand what he was talking about was simply to go to www(dot)Zeitgeistmovie(dot)com and to watch it with a prayerful spirit and an open mind.I watched the online video last night with my wife. May God help us all!
Brother, it's a good thing your pastor resigned. People who have such weak faith should not be preaching it anyway.There are many theories out in the world, so what? May God bless you and your wife
smile.gif

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Well, this person may or may not be a spammer. Probably he is. But I thought I'd take the time to refute it because rest assured, this same message will probably be circulating in everyone's email soon like any Urban Legend. Don't you just love them?
rolleyes.gif

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(For Life;19294)
I think he's full of it too. I have never been told what to believe. I have looked into a lot of other things before I found the truth. I don't know what group is behind the attack on Christianity but it all seems to be from the same source to me.
I hope you looked up the word Coleoptera if you do not know what it means. This gentleman has more than being 'full of it' if you know what I mean.
biggrin.gif

Tyrel

Jan 16, 2007
I am quite convinced, beyond much doubt, that this is spam, and the story about the wife and pastor is not true. Read all the person's posts. They haven't responded. They are nothing more than a Spammer. No question. There is no pastor, there is no wife.

Dave...

Aug 16, 2007
Liberals pretending to be Christian, or conservative etc. This is nothing new. I'm speaking of the OP. It's a propaganda pc. intended for itching ears. This reminds me of the "A Rabbi makes a startling discovery" garbage that we see every now and then. The first sentence starts out with "Early in the morning I went to get my rooster to fulfill the ancient custom". Ancient custom? Busted!Hey, if the propaganda of evolution worked...

RobinD69

Oct 7, 2007
OK I got lazy and didnt read all the posts so perhaps this has been addressed.First I couldnt find the link so I am just going by what little I have read.Has anyone stopped to think that in actuallity Christianity is and was the first faith that all others derived from?Think about,You have Adam and Eve,whom God promised His son to,then you come on down to Noah,everyone else in the world had rejected the true God for their own idolotry.Eight people survive and start the race all over again with prior knowledge of Gods truth.They get lazy and it is left to Abraham to slap them back into reality.He leaves the pagan world and basically starts again with the same promise in his heart.Of course more corruption amongst God elect and they are cast into slavery.Moses comes along and frees them with Gods truth,but the idiots doubt even with the proof in front of their faces.We go through Prophets,Judges,Kings and finally the only true King comes along and we tell Him to get bent on a regular basis and now we are stuck with a famine of the word that has turned into a plague of lies because the masses are turning to fables and calling the truth fables.

Dad of 3

Sep 17, 2006
(tim_from_pa;19313)
Well, this person may or may not be a spammer. Probably he is. But I thought I'd take the time to refute it because rest assured, this same message will probably be circulating in everyone's email soon like any Urban Legend. Don't you just love them?
rolleyes.gif

I didn't even watch the video nor do I think I will. Just from this person's post and the fact that he/she only made the single post, however, I got the distinct odor of BS. Reading the other responses, I see that I'm correct.

RobinD69

Oct 7, 2007
What we must understand is that there are many whose faith is so weak they will fall away, even pastors. Christ spoke of these people as those who follow what tickles their ears, those whose faith is built upon sinking sand. They do not have faith in Christ, they have faith is words and not Gods word. This is an excellent example of knowing them by their fruit being difficult. Remember tares are sown in with the wheat and just think of how many others will fall away because their faith was based on this pastor rather than the truth of Jesus Christ.

ffbruce

Oct 9, 2008
Let me get this right. Your "pastor" sent you an email, but he was crying so hard he couldn't really speak?
rolleyes.gif
(BibleByJake;19236)