Help the persecuted Christians!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

shipeichong

Jan 19, 2019
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Country
Singapore
Every day, many christians from around the world are persecuted for their faiths because they believe in Jesus. They are imprisoned, tortured and killed, and their wives and children are left to fend for themselves.
As Christians, we are called to love one another as Christ has loved us! Indifference or not being aware of our suffering brothers and sisters in Christ's plights are no excuses for our sins of not helping the persecuted church of God!
Not long ago, I downloaded logos software and told God I wanted to go deep into His Word and study various commentaries of the bible. I wanted to purchase some of the commentaries at logos bible software because of that.
However, I felt a prompting by the Holy Spirit to give my money to Asiaharvest.org, an organization which helps the persecuted church instead. I really struggle with this decision as I desire to be knowledgeable about God. But the Holy Spirit reminded me that many christians in the persecuted countries do not even have a bible of their own. Why am I seeking so many extra christian resources for myself while christians elsewhere do not even have the very basic--the Holy Bible.
After some struggles, I give in to the Holy Spirit. I also feel convicted to encourage other believers in Christ to spare a thought for the persecuted church, and contribute in whatever ways they can, whether financially or through prayers.
We are a body of Christ. Let us remember our suffering brothers and sisters.