Henceforth be no more children tossed to and fro:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proverbs 21:6 The getting of treasures by a lying tongue is a vanity tossed to and fro of them that seek death.

Ephesians 4:14-28 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; [15] But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: [16] From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love. [17] This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, [18] Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: [19] Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. [20] But ye have not so learned Christ; [21] If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: [22] That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; [23] And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; [24] And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. [25] Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. [26] Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: [27] Neither give place to the devil. [28] Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proverbs 21:6 The getting of treasures by a lying tongue is a vanity tossed to and fro of them that seek death.

Ephesians 4:14-28 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; [15] But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: [16] From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love. [17] This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, [18] Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: [19] Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. [20] But ye have not so learned Christ; [21] If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: [22] That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; [23] And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; [24] And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. [25] Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. [26] Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: [27] Neither give place to the devil. [28] Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

"God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged." Rom 3:4

"For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?" James 3:7-12

And so liars that we are while lying and receiving lies, do we not then swing to and fro from this doctrine to that one? Help us dear Lord!

"And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;" Mark 16:17

Now a tongue that does not lie? Perhaps even speaking the Word of God?

"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." Isaiah 55:11

"And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance." Acts 2:4

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GOOD, .... goooooood.... topic ... (smile).
1 Corinthians 13:11 "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."
what's going on here, Galatians 4:1 "Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;" BINGO.
Galatians 4:2 "But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father."

when is that appointred time? Isaiah 28:9 "Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts."
Isaiah 28:10 "For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:"
Isaiah 28:11 "For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people."
Isaiah 28:12 "To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear."
Isaiah 28:13 "But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken."

Children must grow up. quit whining and complaining, and READ the word of God for yourself .... WITH the Holy Spirit. get off the similac, and take those man made doctrine, (pacifiers), out of your mouths, and get some MEAT, (the TRUTH IN THE WORD OF GOD).

PICJAG

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged." Rom 3:4

"For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?" James 3:7-12

And so liars that we are while lying and receiving lies, do we not then swing to and fro from this doctrine to that one? Help us dear Lord!

"And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;" Mark 16:17

Now a tongue that does not lie? Perhaps even speaking the Word of God?

"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." Isaiah 55:11

"And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance." Acts 2:4

2 Corinthians 2:15-17 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish: [16] To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things? (2 Corinthians 3:5) For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

1 Corinthians 3:21-23 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours; [22] Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours; [23] And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

2 Corinthians 6:8 By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true;

Reactions: amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
2 Corinthians 2:15-17 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish: [16] To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things? (2 Corinthians 3:5) For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

1 Corinthians 3:21-23 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours; [22] Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours; [23] And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

2 Corinthians 6:8 By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true;
@VictoryinJesus Great verses again there! You always seem to find appropriate Bible verses.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GOOD, .... goooooood.... topic ... (smile).
1 Corinthians 13:11 "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."
what's going on here, Galatians 4:1 "Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;" BINGO.
Galatians 4:2 "But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father."

when is that appointred time? Isaiah 28:9 "Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts."
Isaiah 28:10 "For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:"
Isaiah 28:11 "For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people."
Isaiah 28:12 "To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear."
Isaiah 28:13 "But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken."

Children must grow up. quit whining and complaining, and READ the word of God for yourself .... WITH the Holy Spirit. get off the similac, and take those man made doctrine, (pacifiers), out of your mouths, and get some MEAT, (the TRUTH IN THE WORD OF GOD).

PICJAG

Didn’t except this topic to go far. But wanted to share that verse in proverbs about tossed to and fro. He relates this tossed to and fro to being double-minded. Been thinking a lot on this with
2 Corinthians 2:15-17 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish: [16] To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things? [17] For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

How we are a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved and them that perish. Being to one the scent of death unto death and the other the scent of life into life.

I don’t think it is ugly but refers to the old man in us all “death unto death” and the New Man, new creature “life unto life”. Why both are a sweet savour unto God. Christ being that savour in both: the old man (the body of sin) crucified and perishing and the New Man being renewed daily “being saved” ...both a sweet aroma unto God of mercy and a turning to Him in putting off the old. The passage asks “who is sufficient for these things” both. God is sufficient in both. Fits well with Paul’s saying death and life both are yours 1 Corinthians 3:21-23

Romans 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed,(death unto death, perishing)that henceforth we should not serve sin.
But (Life unto life, renewed).

Ephesians 4:16-24 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love. [17] This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, [18] Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: [19] Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. [20] But ye have not so learned Christ; [21] If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: [22] That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; [23] And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; [24] And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

The scent of death unto death in that which perishes: Colossians 1:24-28 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church: [25] Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; [26] Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: [27] To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: [28] Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:
(Life into Life)

Romans 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

2 Corinthians 4:10-12 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body. [11] For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh. [12] So then death worketh in us, but life in you.

maybe more simply put the old man in us all smells death in the putting off that former conversation and sin, but the new man ...New creature alive unto God smells life. Both a sweet savour.
In that every man may be perfect in Christ. Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Strengthen that which remains. life unto Life.

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn’t except this topic to go far. But wanted to share that verse in proverbs about tossed to and fro. He relates this tossed to and fro to being double-minded. Been thinking a lot on this with
2 Corinthians 2:15-17 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish: [16] To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things? [17] For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

How we are a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved and them that perish. Being to one the scent of death unto death and the other the scent of life into life.

I don’t think it is ugly but refers to the old man in us all “death unto death” and the New Man, new creature “life unto life”. Why both are a sweet savour unto God. Christ being that savour in both: the old man (the body of sin) crucified and perishing and the New Man being renewed daily “being saved” ...both a sweet aroma unto God of mercy and a turning to Him in putting off the old. The passage asks “who is sufficient for these things” both. God is sufficient in both. Fits well with Paul’s saying death and life both are yours 1 Corinthians 3:21-23

Romans 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed,(death unto death, perishing)that henceforth we should not serve sin.
But (Life unto life, renewed).

Ephesians 4:16-24 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love. [17] This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, [18] Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: [19] Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. [20] But ye have not so learned Christ; [21] If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: [22] That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; [23] And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; [24] And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

The scent of death unto death in that which perishes: Colossians 1:24-28 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church: [25] Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; [26] Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: [27] To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: [28] Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:
(Life into Life)

Romans 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

2 Corinthians 4:10-12 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body. [11] For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh. [12] So then death worketh in us, but life in you.

maybe more simply put the old man in us all smells death in the putting off that former conversation and sin, but the new man ...New creature alive unto God smells life. Both a sweet savour.
In that every man may be perfect in Christ. Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Strengthen that which remains. life unto Life.
Good post and I agree. "tossed to and fro", is not only double-minded, but it's "confusion". and God is not the author of confusion, like here, at time on this board, amoung "all" of us ...... (smile). so the devil know if he sow a little leven, that will set the tongue on fire. and our tongue sets the world on fire.

so you're correct, I'll end this here, before I get off on a tangent myself.

be blessed both of you.

PICJAG.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good post and I agree. "tossed to and fro", is not only double-minded, but it's "confusion". and God is not the author of confusion, like here, at time on this board, amoung "all" of us ...... (smile). so the devil know if he sow a little leven, that will set the tongue on fire. and our tongue sets the world on fire.

so you're correct, I'll end this here, before I get off on a tangent myself.

be blessed both of you.

PICJAG.

1 Corinthians 5:2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed (the man of sin)might be taken away from among you.
Removed from your midst.
James 4:9-10 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. [10] Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

1 Corinthians 5:5-6 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, (the old man perishing)that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus. [6] Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?

Put the evil one among you out ...is this not “put off the old man” and the former conversation of lust 2 Corinthians 12:20-21 For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults: [21] And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.

when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, —Colossians 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Reactions: amadeus and 101G

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so the devil know if he sow a little leven, that will set the tongue on fire. and our tongue sets the world on fire.

Matthew 13:49-51 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked (body of sin) from among the just, 50] And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. [51] Jesus saith unto them, Have ye understood all these things? They say unto him, Yea, Lord.

Ezekiel 9:3-5 And the glory of the God of Israel was gone up from the cherub, whereupon he was, to the threshold of the house. And he called to the man clothed with linen, which had the writer's inkhorn by his side; [4] And the Lord said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof. [5] And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:

2 Corinthians 12:19-21 Again, think ye that we excuse ourselves unto you? we speak before God in Christ: but we do all things, dearly beloved, for your edifying. [20] For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults: [21] And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.

Revelation 1:6-7 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. [7] Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

be blessed both of you.

You both be blessed also. Prayer is always needed.

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 1:6-7 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. [7] Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
BINGO, we're "MADE" kings and priests, and we should act like kings and priest. there is a difference in being "Made" or just acting. being made we have all rights and privilage to do the will of the KING of kings, the Lord JESUS.

and one other point, as kings and priests this is not limited to the church house ... no, but to the church HOME also. this is a 24hr, 7 days a week of being kings and priests.

and we must strive to be the best kings and priests in our own right, while being Faithful to the KING, and to each other. there is a responsibility and standard of being a king and priest.

as the topic states, "Henceforth be no more children tossed to and fro".

be blessed, and I'm always praying for the both of you.

PICJAG.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Signing off for the day. Rejuvenated this morning. Know it might sound crazy but wanted to share this about Peter. Might be difficult if insisting Peter never did wrong or Paul was never a waster. But we have to remember Jesus told satan to get behind Him, and also to Peter satan wanted to have Peter like Job, to sift as wheat but when Peter has turned and was converted to strengthen his brothers.

John 21:15-23 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. [16] He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep. [17] He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep. [18] Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdedst thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not. [19] This spake he, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me. [20] Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee? [21] Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do ? [22] Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me. [23] Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; (Genesis 3:4)but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Hebrews 13:9

Do this verse all your life, and you wont be "tossed to and fro".
If you dont do this verse , from the day 1 beginning of your salvation, you will end up a heretic trying to save yourself, having no faith in Christ to keep you saved.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus