HERKIMER, NY

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Please pray for the people of Mohawk and Herkimer, NY.

Herkimer is my old home town and although I no longer live within a thousand miles of the place I still have a connection there. The mass murders yesterday have been on my mind and heart. I don't need news video to tell me what the place looks like.

A woman I used to know in high school still lives there and has told me how surreal the whole thing has been. Helicopters were flying all over the place, more police there than there are resident citizens, news crews everywhere and snipers on every roof in town. The father of one of her children's friends died at a car wash. I used to go to the barber shop where one incident took place. I was an acolyte at a church across the street where the gunman met his end.

Everyone in town is shook up pretty bad.

At the present time I and my family live in a large city in central Florida where murder, bullets flying overhead, neighborhood police raids, video and helicopter surveillance are common experiences. I confess that I've become somewhat jaded about life in modern America. The shooting in my quiet dull out of the way old home town in upstate New York has jolted me a bit.

You've heard the expression, 'things like that don't happen here'. Well, they happen HERE a lot. I sit at home in front of my TV with a loaded gun in my pocket. "It is what it is," my wife often says. These things have just never happened in Herkimer before. Please pray for those folks. They surely need it.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

PS
And if you think you're safe where you live.....you're dreaming.

And it shall come to pass that in the days of Jesus return it shall be as in the days of Noah - violence everywhere.
Guess what? We've arrived! And there is more and worse to come. Any doubters?