Hey I am new here

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grell

Jun 12, 2011
New Jersey, US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello all. I am Grell (my real name is John). I am from New Jersey and I am 25 years old. I have been interested in Christianity for quite some time now. Only recently have I been taking it seriously. I was watching some videos on YouTube about people having near death experiences and having a vision and experience of Hell. These people were then revived physically and became changed men (or women). Their sole purpose in life had been changed from making money, or seeking power and prestige, or, as one person stated, trying to be "Mr. Cool"; to focusing on how to help other people, and treat other people kindly. I used to be very interested in Jesus Christ and the message he brought, then somewhere along the way I grew away from it. After seeing these YouTube videos which showed these amazing transformations in people's beliefs and values my interest in Christ and the Bible was reignited. I went to the website of a minister I used to listen to, Charles Stanley, and began listening to his audio. Shortly after I picked up my Bible again. I have just finished Mark and am almost finished with Matthew's Gospel. I used to read the Bible regularly and it is comforting to again work on my relationship with God and Jesus Christ through His Word...the Bible. I enjoy reading the New Testament the most. I am a member of a 12-step program which emphasizes spirituality and prayer, so even in the times I grew apart from Christianity I still prayed to my "Higher Power" whom I choose to call God. In any case it has been about a week since having this wake-up call in the form of YouTube videos and in that time I have went to church (being raised Catholic I found it suitable to go to a Catholic church). I have been doing my darnedest to be of service to Jesus. I don't go around shouting the name "Jesus Christ" from the hilltops, however, if I do see someone who is hurting (physically, mentally, emotionally, etc..) I will try to help them. Sometimes it is just as simple as saying 'hi' or being a source of positive reassurance. One thing that has been suggested as part of my 12-step programs (the program and values it represents share so much in common with Christianity that it would be trivial to try to list all the similarities here) is that we must do good deeds and let no one else find out. This is easier said than done, but, in any case this is an introduction thread and I feel I have been on a rant for long enough. Thank you for reading my post, I hope to talk to you guys soon.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello all. I am Grell (my real name is John). I am from New Jersey and I am 25 years old. I have been interested in Christianity for quite some time now. Only recently have I been taking it seriously. I was watching some videos on YouTube about people having near death experiences and having a vision and experience of Hell. These people were then revived physically and became changed men (or women). Their sole purpose in life had been changed from making money, or seeking power and prestige, or, as one person stated, trying to be "Mr. Cool"; to focusing on how to help other people, and treat other people kindly. I used to be very interested in Jesus Christ and the message he brought, then somewhere along the way I grew away from it. After seeing these YouTube videos which showed these amazing transformations in people's beliefs and values my interest in Christ and the Bible was reignited. I went to the website of a minister I used to listen to, Charles Stanley, and began listening to his audio. Shortly after I picked up my Bible again. I have just finished Mark and am almost finished with Matthew's Gospel. I used to read the Bible regularly and it is comforting to again work on my relationship with God and Jesus Christ through His Word...the Bible. I enjoy reading the New Testament the most. I am a member of a 12-step program which emphasizes spirituality and prayer, so even in the times I grew apart from Christianity I still prayed to my "Higher Power" whom I choose to call God. In any case it has been about a week since having this wake-up call in the form of YouTube videos and in that time I have went to church (being raised Catholic I found it suitable to go to a Catholic church). I have been doing my darnedest to be of service to Jesus. I don't go around shouting the name "Jesus Christ" from the hilltops, however, if I do see someone who is hurting (physically, mentally, emotionally, etc..) I will try to help them. Sometimes it is just as simple as saying 'hi' or being a source of positive reassurance. One thing that has been suggested as part of my 12-step programs (the program and values it represents share so much in common with Christianity that it would be trivial to try to list all the similarities here) is that we must do good deeds and let no one else find out. This is easier said than done, but, in any case this is an introduction thread and I feel I have been on a rant for long enough. Thank you for reading my post, I hope to talk to you guys soon.

Welcome! :)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi John!

welcomexg.gif

Sounds like you are on an awesome journey with our Lord and Savior! :lol:

Welcome aboard and great to have you join us...

goodday032.gif

Etienne

Jun 6, 2011
Good day John,

Welcome to CB.com. Its a fun place to talk / ask / and debate about religion. One thing you should remember, Dont take the other users posts too0 seriously since they can be misread hence we have no tone of voice over the interwebs. :)

Have fun, and talk a lot!
Neshama