Hi, I'm kimberly ....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kimberly

Mar 25, 2011
Louisiana
Hi! I joined two Christian forums today.

My name's kimberly (actually, it's just kim, but I always wished it was kimberly). I'm 49. This is my first year to be retired from 27 years of teaching school (23 year public and 4 years Christian). It was a blast!

I like talking productively about the Bible with other people. I find it helps me grow. I've taught Sunday School for EVER! I'm currently teaching the 80-95 year old women and have been for about 15 years. It's a joy unspeakable, let me tell you. And on Wednesday nights, I teach music to the 3-year-olds. And I will say this - there ain't much difference in the teaching methodology between Sunday morning and Wednesday night.
003.gif
I keep saying that I am going to write a book someday for Christian teachers called From Diapers to Depends.

Don't get me wrong - those blessed women that I teach on Sunday mornings have forgotten more about the Bible than you and I can boast to know right know.

I taught Bible classes at the Christian school and led chapel for 4th-6th graders.

But sometimes I need to just talk to people of my own generation (give or take a decade or so
scratch_chin.gif
)

Hope to meet a lot of interesting people.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

the stranger

Mar 12, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
Welcome Kimberly and I hope your stay here is as much of a blessing for you as teaching was and is, and I am sure we could all use more teaching ourselves.

God bless :)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi Kimberly!

welcomewithbfly.gif
butterflys.gif

I loved teaching Sunday School as well...and also Bible in schools. Do you have that in the US?
You sound like a very talented lady...

Great to have you aboard!...
:lol:

Blessings!!!

Amazing Grace

Mar 21, 2011
Nice to meet you Kim,

Looking forward to chatting with you on the Board.

I used to take Sunday School (only for a few years) when I was a much younger Christian but ran out of steam.

It is easier taking Sunday School than a Ladies Bible Study so I never let them talk me into being a Bible Study leader after one good try at it.

I admire anyone that can keep leading kids or adults in the Word of God. The thing I hated the most was the preparation.

I used to love leading kids in songs as singing is more my natural gift. Little kids really are great to sing with and they really get into the actions. I'm corny like that but I love doing actions with songs. The most fun bit of Sunday School for me was always the singing. :)

Adults in Church not as much fun leading them into singing. They aren't as full of fun or willing to do things that make them look funny. Been too ill to continue in the music and singing ministry these days. I leave it to those who are younger and healthier.

kimberly

Mar 25, 2011
Louisiana
I loved teaching Sunday School as well...and also Bible in schools. Do you have that in the US?
You sound like a very talented lady...

Hi, Angelina!

I taught required Bible classes for 4 years in Christian school. In the public schools we were allowed to have before or after school Bible clubs with the students and the attendance was voluntary. We could also have prayer from time to time in public schools, but it had to be student initiated and student led. And participation was not forced on anyone who chose not to.

I used to love leading kids in songs as singing is more my natural gift. Little kids really are great to sing with and they really get into the actions. I'm corny like that but I love doing actions with songs. The most fun bit of Sunday School for me was always the singing. :)

Oh, you are NOT corny, AG. Those children love the hand motions and the body motions. It keeps their interest and it helps them learn the songs. If that's corny, then I'm the biggest cornball there is! :lol:

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi Kimberly!
In the public schools we were allowed to have before or after school Bible clubs with the students and the attendance was voluntary. We could also have prayer from time to time in public schools, but it had to be student initiated and student led. And participation was not forced on anyone who chose not to.

I believe the same applies here at college level in NZ but at primary level, Bible in Schools are incorporated as part of the curriculum which is determined by each individually managed, school board."Bible in Schools," is a national body, made of leaders for each region, district or area. Those leaders are then responsible for the BIS teachers and the required manuals. It's a wonderful, rewarding ministry. Eventually, parents tend to end up taking their children to Sunday School and wait for them in the Church service...Lol! :D

Bless ya!

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Hello Kimberly. I already introduced myself to you on that other forum. I'm the guy who also had a friend by the same name who also teaches. This ol' man here gets around! :lol: