"Holy Rollers"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
I don't think the apostles and the others rock and rolled like that.
biggrin.gif

DrBubbaLove

Jan 17, 2008
my wife had holy rollers once then the set shorted and they melted, we don't talk much about that anymore.Interesting how the "Spirit" guides the rollers into the isles and keeps their arms above their heads while rolling, makes roling easier I suspect. Sorry, but I would be rolling witnessing this, ROFL, as it appears some in the audience are. It would be hard not to.

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
My question would be who is getting the glory? Them or the Lord? Is this orderly or is it a show of who can draw more attention to themselves? I think God should be the focus in worship; not men. I would be totally distracted by all of this. God forgive me if this honors you. I just don't see it.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(His By Grace;38771)
My question would be who is getting the glory? Them or the Lord? Is this orderly or is it a show of who can draw more attention to themselves? I think God should be the focus in worship; not men. I would be totally distracted by all of this. God forgive me if this honors you. I just don't see it.
It's a repercussion from experiencing the Holy Spirit.

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
Well, I have seen the Spirit move, but this doesn't seem the same. Like I said, I don't want to judge their hearts, but it seems like more of a show. My attention would be drawn more to all of the commotion, I fear, than praising the Lord who deserves my focus and honor.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
I've never seen that "laughing" my self. But I do know that direct conviction of the Holy Spirit can cause people to fall to the floor and remain paralyzed for that time being. Or if a person is demoniacally possessed, they'll have seizures at the presence of the Holy Spirit.There is a lot of stuff to experience, and I thank God for the Spirit. Or thank the Spirit for He is God.This is getting confusing @_@.

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
Yes, you're absolutely right. We were singing at Angola State Prison one night. All of a sudden, this little old black man started spouting out this loud noise, but he was convulsing. I turned to look at my friend and told her quietly that I thought that looked more like demon possession. There was never an interpreter and it sounded like a chant moreso than an actual language. Several men gathered around him and began to pray. He ended up screaming and then came to a calm. We later found out that he had been involved with vodoo/witchcraft many years earlier in his native country. It was spiritual warfare in our midst. I do think this can happen in the church too. Satan wants to keep all of the people he can from receiving this great salvation and transforming power!
smile.gif