Homeless mentally ill...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Base12

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm curious. Do you think Trump will help the mentally ill and the mentally ill homeless in this country? I don't really know of any of Trump's stances on the issue, but am curious. I think the homeless crisis is most prevalent in the mentally ill because family might not take care of them and the SSI system just ignores them.

So I saw this about a hollywood actress: ‘Baywatch’ star Jeremy Jackson’s model ex-wife Loni Willison spotted homeless, eating from trash in LA

After what these governments have put us through i would expect them to help out the homeless and mentally ill...
But im not holding my breath... I noticed in our city that the homeless aren't where they always are...
I don't know where they took them, maybe prison...

Two weeks ago as i was going for a walk at sunset i noticed what looked like a homeless man in the corner of the factories...
I couldn't believe it... I've never seen a homeless guy out here... Inner suburbs yes... Out here never...
As i kept walking i found myself full of sympathy for him... I would be in the same situation if it weren't for my parents...

The guy has no where to go, he has no one to love and no one loves him... He has nothing to live for and is probably suicidal...
I wanted to help him but how... I don't have anything to offer so i decided to walk around and just talk to him... See if his ok...
Sometimes it can lift a persons spirits just having someone showing some concern for you...

I didn't ask personal questions i just asked if he was ok and if he had somewhere to go... I told him where there was an abandoned house he could use for shelter and asked him if he had ever been to prison... He said no... And so i made the suggestion to go there if his hungry and got nothing else...

Do a minor crime and they'll send you to a brand new low security prison were u have a bed, toilet, shower, get fed well, the company of others, don't have to worry about money or cops or any of the expectations demanded by society... I'd rather be there than out here for too long...
And he started asking me questions about it, gave him something to think about...

Hopefully i nudged him away from suicide and towards God... The Lord is easy to find in prison... He is there for the sinners who want to repent and for them he provides shelter and protection against the evil one who torments everyone who is not in Christ...

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After what these governments have put us through i would expect them to help out the homeless and mentally ill...
But im not holding my breath... I noticed in our city that the homeless aren't where they always are...
I don't know where they took them, maybe prison...

Two weeks ago as i was going for a walk at sunset i noticed what looked like a homeless man in the corner of the factories...
I couldn't believe it... I've never seen a homeless guy out here... Inner suburbs yes... Out here never...
As i kept walking i found myself full of sympathy for him... I would be in the same situation if it weren't for my parents...

The guy has no where to go, he has no one to love and no one loves him... He has nothing to live for and is probably suicidal...
I wanted to help him but how... I don't have anything to offer so i decided to walk around and just talk to him... See if his ok...
Sometimes it can lift a persons spirits just having someone showing some concern for you...

I didn't ask personal questions i just asked if he was ok and if he had somewhere to go... I told him where there was an abandoned house he could use for shelter and asked him if he had ever been to prison... He said no... And so i made the suggestion to go there if his hungry and got nothing else...

Do a minor crime and they'll send you to a brand new low security prison were u have a bed, toilet, shower, get fed well, the company of others, don't have to worry about money or cops or any of the expectations demanded by society... I'd rather be there than out here for too long...
And he started asking me questions about it, gave him something to think about...

Hopefully i nudged him away from suicide and towards God... The Lord is easy to find in prison... He is there for the sinners who want to repent and for them he provides shelter and protection against the evil one who torments everyone who is not in Christ...

I've taken a couple homeless people into my place for a few nights. Gave them a place to rest and warmth in the snow and something to eat. I think I've done it five times now. I probably won't do it anymore, but we sure have a lot of homeless people around here. And most are mentally ill.

The system takes care of the severely mentally ill here in the states, but it could care less for the moderately mentally disabled. They still can't work and get no help.

I was in jail once, just before becoming homeless and yes it saved my life. I don't recommend it, but you get fed, and you can be in the mentally ill ward with other people that are thankful for food and warmth. And yes I went to Catholic church in jail, so it was nice, I got to take the Eucharist.

I was only homeless for a month or two before family helped out. But yeah it is extreme. But I always had the warmth of God with me and the Holy Spirit.

Reactions: Jack and Cristo Rei

whitemorning

Nov 18, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that Trump alone will not be able to do this, at least as we can see, he could not. After all, this is an extensive problem, it is impossible to cope with the problem one on one, so it is worth taking mental health quizzes httрs://us.cаlmerry.com/tests/ This will help reduce stress and strain. And often it helps.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: dev553344