homosexual bullying of Christian opponents (homosexual fascism)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
junobet said:
Reading in between the lines I take it that you too would prefer an open pluralistic society over the Uganda-style society that the first two posters in this thread seem to long for.

[SIZE=12pt]As for the ‘utopia’: When it comes to the Kingdom of God I very much share Moltmann’s views (who by the way - when asked about his views on homosexuality by an American audience - rightly pointed out that the Gospel is not about sex): Our hope for the Kingdom of God in an eschatological future ought to make us see the possibilities for the present. Rather than just waiting things out till the afterlife, we are called to be workers in the Lord’s vineyard to make the world a better place right now. And we can find comfort and hope in the crucifixion and resurrection whenever we are tempted to despair. Remember: [/SIZE]He is not the God of the dead, but of the living.” (Mark 12:27a)
When talking to a non believer about religion the focus of the conversation shouldn't move past the grace of God through Jesus Christ. Talking about sin is still an essential part of that conversation, as people may wonder why they need God's grace. You certainly shouldn't go on a rant about how they are ruining society or something like that. Sinners expect such a worldly response, but when you speak graciously without abandoning the truth it helps them to see the differences between their ways and the Godly way. And that there is a seed planted.

Look at what is considered elementary teachings about Christ, do you see the word repentance there? Why wouldn't we talk about sin if repentance is elementary?
Hebrews 6:1-2 "Therefore let us move beyond the elementary teachings about Christ and be taken forward to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God, 2 instruction about cleansing rites, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment."

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
junobet said:
Yes, and people have been reading that rebellion and tribulation into the political and social events of their times ever since 2 Thessalonians was penned. For all we know the Lord may come back within the next two seconds or in another 2000 years.[/size]
As for homosexuality: well, you believe it’s sin, I don’t. What we probably both believe to be sinful is slander and an evil tongue. Homosexuals have been sent to the death camps by Hitler. To call them fascist is tasteless at best. Wouldn’t you agree?[/size]
I have been away for a little while and so I'm a little taken aback by two points here.
1. That you're a moderator after only a 103 posts?
2. That you don't accept the clear instruction in 1 Timothy 1:8-11?
We know that the law is good if one uses it properly. We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me.

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
heretoeternity said:
Homosexuality is an abomination to God, as per Leviticus in the Bible...in Genesis God created man and woman, male and female to populate the earth...He destroy Sodom because of homosexuality, and gave the name sodomy to the filthy, perverted disease producing practice of anal intercourse. How much more proof do we need to condemn this perverted activity? Yet we as society and Christians allow them to push their perverted lifestyle on the rest of society and actually harass those who disagree with them..satan, indeed rules this world and the perverted activities as outlined!
There is also the NEW T

Romans 1

where it speaks of thedepravity of homosexuality

and u dont even need the Bible or the Church to tell u it is wrong... b/c everyone has some form of conscience. If he doesn't... uh.... we can pray he gets one...

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1 doesn't condemn homosexuality..... Of course it takes careful reading to understand that. It doesn't say its ok either. God turns them over to vile affections whichincluded homosexuality.... But it was not what ticked off God.

Kind of like how God didn't destroy Sodom and Gomorrah because of homosexuality.

Sure, it was there.. Even like it is around today.... Even in the Roman....

.ahh.... Better not go there!

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
FHII said:
Romans 1 doesn't condemn homosexuality..... Of course it takes careful reading to understand that. It doesn't say its ok either. God turns them over to vile affections whichincluded homosexuality.... But it was not what ticked off God.

Kind of like how God didn't destroy Sodom and Gomorrah because of homosexuality.

Sure, it was there.. Even like it is around today.... Even in the Roman....

.ahh.... Better not go there!
Homosexuality is the very reason God destroyed them, and the people..you better read it again..
Sodom even gave it's name to the evil, disease producing, sick, perverted practice of anal intercourse...sodomy....guess that all sounds romantic to you right?

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heretoeternity said:
Homosexuality is the very reason God destroyed them, and the people..you better read it again..
Sodom even gave it's name to the evil, disease producing, sick, perverted practice of anal intercourse...sodomy....guess that all sounds romantic to you right?
No, you better read the Whole Bible. A WISE person would've asked for verses. You didn't ask.

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
StanJ said:
I have been away for a little while and so I'm a little taken aback by two points here.
1. That you're a moderator after only a 103 posts?
2. That you don't accept the clear instruction in 1 Timothy 1:8-11?
We know that the law is good if one uses it properly. We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me.
[SIZE=12pt]Hi there StanJ,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]nice to meet you. Actually I was surprised myself when I was asked to become moderator. So you will have to ask the other moderators why they thought I’d be a suitable person for helping out. As for your second question: you’ll find me discussing it at length in the thread “Homosexuality”.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]God bless,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]junobet[/SIZE]

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
heretoeternity said:
Homosexuality? Really? I always thought the crime here was wanting to rape angels.

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
lforrest said:
When talking to a non believer about religion the focus of the conversation shouldn't move past the grace of God through Jesus Christ. Talking about sin is still an essential part of that conversation, as people may wonder why they need God's grace. You certainly shouldn't go on a rant about how they are ruining society or something like that. Sinners expect such a worldly response, but when you speak graciously without abandoning the truth it helps them to see the differences between their ways and the Godly way. And that there is a seed planted.

Look at what is considered elementary teachings about Christ, do you see the word repentance there? Why wouldn't we talk about sin if repentance is elementary?
Hebrews 6:1-2 "Therefore let us move beyond the elementary teachings about Christ and be taken forward to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God, 2 instruction about cleansing rites, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment."

[SIZE=12pt]I’m all for repentance, when repentance is due. But the point is that I see no more reason that people should feel guilty for living their homosexuality than I see reason that I should feel guilty for often wearing trousers and rarely ever covering my hair (and yes, I’ve come across a branch of Christians that is convinced the latter severely violates Deuteronomy 22:5 and 1 Corinthians 11:6).[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]As for spreading the gospel: from my perspective banging on about the supposed evils of homosexuality puts up a stumbling block for many good-hearted and half-way educated non-Christians. No matter how many statements my church issues, in which it fully accepts loving homosexual partnerships, no matter how much we stand up for peace, social justice and the integrity of creation: what sticks in people’s memory is when other Christians blame hurricanes on homosexuals, say condoms spread AIDS, build creationist theme-parks and deny climate change. So whenever I tell an average secular person in Europe that I’m a Christian, likelihood is that they’ll look at me as if I had just said: “I’m a self-righteous bigoted whacko who is as mad as a hatter.” No offense meant, I hope you get my problem.[/SIZE]

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
FHII said:
No, you better read the Whole Bible. A WISE person would've asked for verses. You didn't ask.
You sound ill equipped to provide any verses in the Bible which would support the perverted viewpoint which you demonstrated.

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
I depend on the well educated scholars of the Bible in Christ's Church to interpret the Word for me... the saints, etc...

As it says in Isaiah:

God says

"My ways are not your ways, My thoughts are not your thoughts"

We are fallen creatures who cannot trust our natural minds and hearts... we need a supernatural intervention... which is Christ's Church (the Sacraments...)

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heretoeternity said:
You sound ill equipped to provide any verses in the Bible which would support the perverted viewpoint which you demonstrated.
Please....