House Churches.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Copied from another thread.....Here's my take on this:

The music you hear in church represents the spiritual condition of that church.
We are what we listen to.

There are three kinds of music:

1. Of satan, by satan, for satan.
2. Of God, by God, for God.
3. Of man, by man, for man

All music you hear goes directly to your spirit.
Good and bad music.

When the doctrine is right, the music will be right.

Hymns portray biblical doctrine.
Hymns are a way of preaching.

Evaluate the music you hear:
1. The music.
2. The people playing it.
3. The message in the songs.
4. The presentation, such as the clothing, etc.

That's a bad representation of what Christian music is like.
Judging people you don't know and the clothes they wear for you to determine if their music is Christian.
Such prejudice should not be on this forum.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Glad you asked... I was looking for an opening to rant!

Frankly, I didn't click on the link. I don't know what songs were there. I said "praise God" to it being bop hip hop boogie woogy or whatever was said.

Christian music isn't defined by the style or genre. It is defined by what it says and how it praises God.

Heavy Metal, rap, pop, country, gospel. Whatever style can be Christian music if used to praise him. Jyst let it be in Truth! There are a lot of gospel songs that sound godly, but aren't because the lyrics are portraying false doctrine.

I have my favorites... I prefer the southern goapel style. I also like at least one song by hillsong. But I can't exclude any genre from being a potential christian platform with the possibke exception of punk. I mean the 1970's and 80's punk... But I suppose even that style could be used.

People may argue that a certain style is too "worldly". Well, since all styles were created in the world they are all worldly. What they truly mean is popular in the world at the time. Thus, they choose something boring and oudated to praise God.

People may say something is too loud to praise God. Well, Psalms 33:3 says to play skilfully and loud.

Some genres may be too hate filled or aggressive. Yea, I agree that they aren't always right for all situations. But in rhe song of Moses (Exo 15:3) the Lord is called a man of war. Sometimes Christians need a good war song! We are called to war a good warfare (1 Tim 1:18).

So, per John 4:24 which says we must worship in spirit and in truth, a christian song is truthful and done to worship him. Even a nin Christian song can be dedicated to him if its done in praise of him. "You are my Sunshine" can be sung to God. Then, you are singing it in spirit.

So what do you consider Christian music? Must it have a certain tempo, rhythm, tone?
Charlie Daniels' Christian songs are all Gospel.
Every song has a message to the world.
But Carman is my favorite
His music is great, his videos are great, but his lyrics are outstanding!

The late Keith Green was challenged about playing soft rock.
He said, "if rock n roll belongs to the devil, then it's about time we took it back and serve God with it because all music comes from God.

Reactions: GodsGrace and FHII

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you pay attention............ and hear the beat, most people start to move with it.
and this is the beginning of not being a Christian........ as you begin, it starts out slow and
then you get into it and its no longer Christian....... rap, boogey woogey jitter bug, etc.......
Your singing to GOD not to man! And GOD wants your heart in it not your shaking !!!!
That shaking is called dancing, and it's in Psalm 150.
You need to read these things and take them to heart.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That shaking is called dancing, and it's in Psalm 150.
You need to read these things and take them to heart.

You do not get the point! [" TEMPTATION " ] People are human and most can not
stay focused........

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do not get the point! [" TEMPTATION " ] People are human and most can not
stay focused........
That's not your problem.
Maybe some of the lyrics are sinking in and planting a seed towards their salvation.
Maybe they get saved when someone else waters that seed.
What would of happened if they hadn't heard the rock n roll message to begin with?
Jesus once said, if necessary he would make the rocks cry out.
Would it not be easier to have Charlie Daniels cry out?

Reactions: GodsGrace

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not need help...... I am now out of the C.C. and in a bible church.
And now We all read our bibles...........

Reactions: amadeus

Abeliever

Oct 11, 2014
New York State USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh man, this thread sure got derailed. Back to the topic. I've belonged to churches with house church meetings and a few without them. I prefer to have them. The main reason is so we can get to know each other, that's very hard in a large group. It also gives a newbie a chance to decide who he/she thinks can best answer a question. Newbies always have many questions and I've learned the young ones have many of thee same questions. Sure they can get a book but most people need a personalized answer from someone who knows them. This happens best in a house church. I like them.

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I've belonged to churches with house church meetings

Sounds like cell-groups.
No to be confused with "house church".

Done that also.
But I was never impressed with the cell group we belonged too.
(Was mostly gossip about the church.....)

Last edited: