How are we to respond to these things?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
lforrest said:
Why would Jesus condemn the Romans at that time? Hes the one that built them up and used them for his righteous purposes, like the Babylonians before them.
And the will of the father is different for every person; yet there are some common elements such as the requirement to love one-another and to believe in his Son.
That IS the point. Jesus didn't take on the ruling powers, just the religous. Can't really see how your comment relates to this OP?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
StanJ said:
That IS the point. Jesus didn't take on the ruling powers, just the religous. Can't really see how your comment relates to this OP?
Simply seeking to engage you to try and grasp the basis of your argument. What do ruling powers have to do with this situation? Hollywood is not the government, and boycotting a movie is not rebellion.

Do you think Ephesians 6:12 is a contradiction? We should resist the advances of the enemy.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
lforrest said:
Simply seeking to engage you to try and grasp the basis of your argument. What do ruling powers have to do with this situation? Hollywood is not the government, and boycotting a movie is not rebellion.
Do you think Ephesians 6:12 is a contradiction? We should resist the advances of the enemy.
No problem, which is why I answered you. Ruling powers are more than just governments, and if you think Hollywood is not a type of ruling power, you're a tad naive.
The principle being that protesting against what the world does, unbelievers, was not something Jesus or Paul ascribed to.
Why would I think Eph 6:12 is a contradiction, when that is my point? The armor of God is not for physical protection its for spiritual protection. Standing up and protesting a movie is not doing a spiritual thing, it's doing a physical thing. Do you think protesting a movie is more effective than coming against spiritual principalities by prayer? In my opinion, all it does is smack of moral superiority, which doesn't impress those in the world and really accomplishes nothing, as I have already given an example for. We should resist the advances of the enemy in our lives, not our theatres. James 4:7 is directed towards individual believers, not movie makers.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I think it goes with the territory. We can never can guarantee that we're going to get well behaved people in this world who are going to be sensitive to your beliefs. ;)