How can it be assured sin won't rise a second time?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will sin ever raise its head again, or will the universe know the damage that it did and keep from what arose from Satan.
Now, Satan from the beginning tried to turn it around and to present God as a liar.
Genesis 2:15-17:
And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

So who was telling the truth, God, or the serpent/Satan?

Deuteronomy 32:1 Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.
2 My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:
3 Because I will publish the name of the LORD: ascribe ye greatness unto our God.
4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Those without Christ are simply the walking dead, to perish along with sin, when they die the second death at the lake of fire. The 1,000-year period actually represents a time for reflection on God’s judgment. Together with Christ, the saints will contemplate the affects of sin and the people who would not give up iniquity but rejected Gods call to them throughout their lives and never returned His call of love.

What are everyones thoughts, is there something that remains after the lake of fire even as a reminder of sin....

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will sin ever raise its head again, or will the universe know the damage that it did and keep from what arose from Satan.
Now, Satan from the beginning tried to turn it around and to present God as a liar.
And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Deuteronomy 32:1 Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.
2 My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:
3 Because I will publish the name of the LORD: ascribe ye greatness unto our God.
4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Those without Christ are simply the walking dead, to perish along with sin, when they die the second death at the lake of fire. The 1,000-year period actually represents a time for reflection on God’s judgment. Together with Christ, the saints will contemplate the affects of sin and the people who would not give up iniquity but rejected Gods call to them throughout their lives and never returned His call of love.

What are everyones thoughts, is there something that remains after the lake of fire even as a reminder of sin....
Once time ends and eternity resumes- sin will be forever banished.

Reactions: Nancy

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the following Scripture from God's prophet Nahum comes to mind...

Nahum 1:7-10
7 The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and He knoweth them that trust in Him.

But with an overrunning flood He will make an utter end of the place thereof, and darkness shall pursue His enemies.

What do ye imagine against the LORD? He will make an utter end: affliction shall not rise up the second time.

10 For while they be folden together as thorns, and while they are drunken as drunkards, they shall be devoured as stubble fully dry.
KJV

That "overrunning flood" and "utter end", and the wicked being "devoured as stubble fully dry" is about God's future 'day of vengeance', the very last day of this present world, the "day of the Lord" when God's consuming fire will burn man's works off this earth and end this present world time. It also points to the "tares" being cast into the "lake of fire" at the end of Christ's future "thousand years" reign of Rev.20, along with Satan.

Rebellion will not rise up a second time, God showed above.

Per Isaiah 65 in the new heavens and a new earth time, after that "lake of fire" destruction, God said to rejoice forever, for He will make Jerusalem a rejoicing and her people a joy. Like He showed in Rev.21, the former things of this present world will no longer be remembered nor come to mind. That is another indicator that there will not ever be another rebellion against Him.

It is for THIS purpose that each soul must make their decision to accept and believe on The Father and His Son Jesus Christ and be given eternal Life with Him, or to not believe and perish. It will be because once we have made our decision to love Him, and be with Him forever, then He will remove the thoughts of this present world and remembrance of our past trials, and will make our minds anew so that we will be able to be perfect in worshiping Him without ever faltering.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I don't think sin automatically disappears. We must make the effort to resist temptation.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the following Scripture from God's prophet Nahum comes to mind...

Nahum 1:7-10
7 The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and He knoweth them that trust in Him.

But with an overrunning flood He will make an utter end of the place thereof, and darkness shall pursue His enemies.

9 What do ye imagine against the LORD? He will make an utter end: affliction shall not rise up the second time.

10 For while they be folden together as thorns, and while they are drunken as drunkards, they shall be devoured as stubble fully dry.
KJV

That "overrunning flood" and "utter end", and the wicked being "devoured as stubble fully dry" is about God's future 'day of vengeance', the very last day of this present world, the "day of the Lord" when God's consuming fire will burn man's works off this earth and end this present world time. It also points to the "tares" being cast into the "lake of fire" at the end of Christ's future "thousand years" reign of Rev.20, along with Satan.

Rebellion will not rise up a second time, God showed above.

Per Isaiah 65 in the new heavens and a new earth time, after that "lake of fire" destruction, God said to rejoice forever, for He will make Jerusalem a rejoicing and her people a joy. Like He showed in Rev.21, the former things of this present world will no longer be remembered nor come to mind. That is another indicator that there will not ever be another rebellion against Him.

It is for THIS purpose that each soul must make their decision to accept and believe on The Father and His Son Jesus Christ and be given eternal Life with Him, or to not believe and perish. It will be because once we have made our decision to love Him, and be with Him forever, then He will remove the thoughts of this present world and remembrance of our past trials, and will make our minds anew so that we will be able to be perfect in worshiping Him without ever faltering.
Very nice explanation, I like that....

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Nahum 1:7-15 The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knows them that trust in him. [8] But with an overrunning flood he will make an utter end of the place thereof, and darkness shall pursue his enemies. [9] What do you imagine against the LORD? he will make an utter end: affliction shall not rise up the second time. [10] For while they be folden together as thorns, and while they are drunken as drunkards, they shall be devoured as stubble fully dry. [11] There is one come out of thee, that imagineth evil against the LORD, a wicked counsellor. [12] Thus saith the LORD; Though they be quiet, and likewise many, yet thus shall they be cut down, when he shall pass through. Though I have afflicted thee, I will afflict thee no more. [13] For now will I break his yoke from off thee, and will burst thy bonds in sunder. [14] And the LORD hath given a commandment concerning thee, that no more of thy name be sown: out of the house of thy gods will I cut off the graven image and the molten image: I will make thy grave; for thou art vile. [15] Behold upon the mountains the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace! O Judah, keep thy solemn feasts, perform thy vows: for the wicked shall no more pass through thee; he is utterly cut off.

Love the above “affliction will not rise up the second time.” But I see baptism “flood” and “devoured as stubble” (water and Fire) ;you must be born of water and Spirit;

“affliction will not rise a second time” “for I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that comes after(second) me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit, and with fire: whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.
Matthew 3:11-17 (Though I have afflicted thee, I will afflict thee no more(He has Bourne our affliction). [13] For now will I break his yoke from off thee, and will burst thy bonds in sunder. [14] And the LORD has given a commandment concerning you, that no more of your name be sown: out of the house of your gods will I cut off the graven image and the molten image: I will make thy grave; for you are vile. Philippians 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able (to fully purge his floor) even to subdue all things unto himself.

Yes, affliction will not rise a second time (imo) refers to what John the Baptist spoke of “I baptize you with water” but he who comes second Baptizes you with the Holy Spirit, and Fire…and He won’t fail the putting off of sin. “Affliction I’ll not raise a second time.”
Then comes Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him. [14] But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of you, and come you to me? [15] And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for it becomes us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him. [16] And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: [17] And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nahum 1:7-15 The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knows them that trust in him. [8] But with an overrunning flood he will make an utter end of the place thereof, and darkness shall pursue his enemies. [9] What do you imagine against the LORD? he will make an utter end: affliction shall not rise up the second time. [10] For while they be folden together as thorns, and while they are drunken as drunkards, they shall be devoured as stubble fully dry. [11] There is one come out of thee, that imagineth evil against the LORD, a wicked counsellor. [12] Thus saith the LORD; Though they be quiet, and likewise many, yet thus shall they be cut down, when he shall pass through. Though I have afflicted thee, I will afflict thee no more. [13] For now will I break his yoke from off thee, and will burst thy bonds in sunder. [14] And the LORD hath given a commandment concerning thee, that no more of thy name be sown: out of the house of thy gods will I cut off the graven image and the molten image: I will make thy grave; for thou art vile. [15] Behold upon the mountains the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace! O Judah, keep thy solemn feasts, perform thy vows: for the wicked shall no more pass through thee; he is utterly cut off.

Love the above “affliction will not rise up the second time.” But I see baptism “flood” and “devoured as stubble” (water and Fire) ;you must be born of water and Spirit;

“affliction will not rise a second time” “for I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that comes after(second) me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit, and with fire: whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.
Matthew 3:11-17 (Though I have afflicted thee, I will afflict thee no more(He has Bourne our affliction). [13] For now will I break his yoke from off thee, and will burst thy bonds in sunder. [14] And the LORD has given a commandment concerning you, that no more of your name be sown: out of the house of your gods will I cut off the graven image and the molten image: I will make thy grave; for you are vile. Philippians 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able (to fully purge his floor) even to subdue all things unto himself.

Yes, affliction will not rise a second time (imo) refers to what John the Baptist spoke of “I baptize you with water” but he who comes second Baptizes you with the Holy Spirit, and Fire…and He won’t fail the putting off of sin. “Affliction I’ll not raise a second time.”
Then comes Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him. [14] But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of you, and come you to me? [15] And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for it becomes us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him. [16] And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: [17] And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
More “affliction will not rise a second time
1 Corinthians 15:42-50 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: [43] It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: [44] It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. [45] And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. [46] Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward (second) that which is spiritual. [47] The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. [48] As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. [49] And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. [50] Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Revelation 20:5-6 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. [6] Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Hebrews 8:7-12 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. [8] For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: [9] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. [10] For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: [11] And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. [12] For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

More “affliction will not rise a second time”Hebrews 9:2-3
For there was a tabernacle made; the first, wherein was the candlestick, and the table, and the shewbread; which is called the sanctuary. [3] And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of all;

More “affliction will not rise a second time”Hebrews 9:7-8
But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people: [8] The Holy Spirit this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:

Hebrews 10:9-10 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. [10] By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. (affliction will not rise a second time)