How can we enter into the Kingdom of Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please share from the Bible the sources that pertain to this.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 18:
At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who then is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”
2 Jesus invited a little child to stand among them.
3 “Truly I tell you,” He said, “unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
4 Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
5 And whoever welcomes a little child like this in My name welcomes Me.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obeying the parable of the sheep and goats is the way to eternal life and obeying the commandments. Those are the way to be accepted by God. But all is granted by Christ and the Father and the Holy Ghost so it's not all up to the sheep and goats and obeying the commandments. But obeying the commandments and serving mankind is the way to please God.

Matthew 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Kingdom of heaven can only be entered one way Matt, Jehovah selects from among mankind excelling disciples to be Christ's bride. While on earth Jesus made a new covenant with his faithful 11, and that covenant would be with all those selected to be his bride. They have been redeemed from the earth through Christ's blood to reside in heaven with Jesus. There is really nothing we can do about this, as God chooses them Matt.

The vast majority of us Christians will be granted everlasting life in the earthly Kingdom of God, which we all pray for. We are the other sheep that are not of that fold Jn 10:16

Reactions: Episkopos

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for each person who has share their comment and perspective here with others.

Not so sure the way into the kingdom of heaven is easy, it is easy to find an answer.

The way is not straight - but strait, and that is a tight space to be in. It is where one decides to follow Christ, and seek God in faith.

STRAIT, noun [See Straight.]

1. A narrow pass or passage, either in a mountain or in the ocean, between continents or other portions of land; as the straits of Gibraltar; the straits of Magellan; the straits of Dover. [In this sense, the plural is more generally used than the singular, and often without any apparent reason or propriety.]

2. Distress; difficulty; distressing necessity; formerly written streight. [Used either in the singular or plural.]

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 6:10 '..thy Kingdom come ..' and it truly arrived when Yahshua ascended into heaven and received power from his Father. And every reborn believer has entered the Kingdom today. So simply being reborn into the spirit that brings Christ, the truth and the way brings into our hearts and minds the mind of Christ. And we are in life of becoming more as Christ. In this we know we are in the Kingdom today and fully realized when we become immortal as he.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 5:3
New American Standard Bible

3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 25:34-35

34 “Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in;

Luke 6:20

The Beatitudes
20 And He raised His eyes toward His disciples and began saying, “Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God.

Luke 9:62

62 But Jesus said to him, “No one, after putting his hand to the plow and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.”

John 3:3

3 Jesus responded and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless someone is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

Acts 14:22

22 strengthening the souls of the disciples, encouraging them to continue in the faith, and saying, “It is through many tribulations that we must enter the kingdom of God.”

2 Thessalonians 1:5

5 This is a plain indication of God’s righteous judgment so that you will be considered worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you indeed are suffering.

James 2:5

5 Listen, my beloved brothers and sisters: did God not choose the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 7:21
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 12:50
For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Luke 6:46
Why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' but not do what I say?

Luke 11:28
Blessed are those who hear the word of God and obey it

John 8:31
If you hold to My teaching you are truly My disciples

John 15:14
You are My friends if you do what I command you

John 13:17
If you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

John 14:15
If you love Me you will keep My commandments

Hebrews 5:9
In this way, God qualified him as a perfect High Priest, and he became the source of eternal salvation for all those who obey him.

1 John 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome.

hope this helps !!!