How do we help Christianity?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PossibleThrowawayAccount

Oct 1, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christianity has always been the world's punching bag and it is not necessarily the unbelievers' faults either. I thought about why people hate us and I came up with some reasons, most of which we are not responsible for.

I think the biggest reasons why people look down on Christianity are:
  1. They mistakingly believe Hell is some kind of threat/way of scaring people and that it should not exist
  2. They think we are violent like the heroes of the Old Testament
  3. They have been hurt by Christians and people claiming to be Christians
  4. It is popular opinion that there is no afterlife for animals
  5. The bad things the medieval church did
  6. They have lost loved ones who might have gone to Hell. Likewise they don't like to think about wicked people who could be going to heaven.
  7. It sounds to many like Christians will get away with bad behavior (i.e. child abusers who are Christians or convert later on)
  8. Negative stereotypes about Christians
  9. They don't actually know what it is
  10. The oppressive laws God gave Moses
  11. Hypocritic Christians
  12. The seemingly anti-heroic things Biblical figures have done
  13. They feel God has let them down or is abusing them.
  14. They don't understand sin and think that the Bible is trying to stop them from having fun
Now I want to know, how do we combat these things? I know the world is sinful and that Christians are always going to be unfairly targeted but I think we should try to do some damage control somehow.

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Pretty much all true as well as shame -thinking they aren't good enough for God. As you say, people see Christianity through a less then perfect Church.

• Love
Reactions: Lambano and Nancy

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 24:8-10 -
All these are the beginning of sorrows.
9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. 10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another.

John 15:18-20 - “If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. 20 Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christianity has always been the world's punching bag and it is not necessarily the unbelievers' faults either. I thought about why people hate us and I came up with some reasons, most of which we are not responsible for.

I think the biggest reasons why people look down on Christianity are:
  1. They mistakingly believe Hell is some kind of threat/way of scaring people and that it should not exist
  2. They think we are violent like the heroes of the Old Testament
  3. They have been hurt by Christians and people claiming to be Christians
  4. It is popular opinion that there is no afterlife for animals
  5. The bad things the medieval church did
  6. They have lost loved ones who might have gone to Hell. Likewise they don't like to think about wicked people who could be going to heaven.
  7. It sounds to many like Christians will get away with bad behavior (i.e. child abusers who are Christians or convert later on)
  8. Negative stereotypes about Christians
  9. They don't actually know what it is
  10. The oppressive laws God gave Moses
  11. Hypocritic Christians
  12. The seemingly anti-heroic things Biblical figures have done
  13. They feel God has let them down or is abusing them.
  14. They don't understand sin and think that the Bible is trying to stop them from having fun
Now I want to know, how do we combat these things? I know the world is sinful and that Christians are always going to be unfairly targeted but I think we should try to do some damage control somehow.
One way to help Christianity would be to set a good example, I believe.