How do you become a child of God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

360watt

Jun 6, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The baptisms to be sorted out:

Water baptism by immersion of a believer.

The Holy Spirit empowering an entire assembly of already saved individuals.. gets called 'baptism' in scripture-- 'I will baptise you with the Holy Spirit and fire'

The Holy Spirit coming 'upon'--- this isn't eternal salvation-- the disciples had the Holy Spirit come upon them and were already believers (aside from Judas). The Holy Spirit 'filling'.. this could be eternal salvation.. but there are verses of already converted individuals being filled.

The Holy Spirit coming 'in the midst' of a local assembly of baptised believers. This isn't eternal salvation being given.. but the start of a local church.

Many christians say the Holy Spirit baptises a believer into the body of Christ at salvation. I see the body of Christ as a local church.. so seperate it from eternal salvation. What you are calling every believer as the body of Christ.. I call the Family of God. But if you mean this baptism is 'figurative'.. representing regeneration.. then it's not really an issue.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep dreaming ✨
1 John 5:11 - And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God. :)

Reactions: Keturah

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 5:11 - And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God. :)
Keep dreaming ✨

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep dreaming ✨
1 Corinthians 2:11 - For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. 13 These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.