How do you pray?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples. 2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
3 Give us day by day our daily bread.
4 And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil. - Luke 11

The Christ goes on to say...

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. - Matthew 18:20

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues... Mark 16:17

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. - John 14:13

And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. - John 16:23

Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full. - John 16:24

Putting all scripture together we are encouraged to pray to the Father in the name of Jesus... In which I do also emphasizing the scripture...

And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. - John 16:23

I therefore pray to the Father in the name of Jesus when I pray. How is it with you
confused.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnV5eq2MiOA

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rosary, contemplation, lectiio divina, divine office, just talking

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I pray quietly through out my day. I have a long commute to work so that is a perfect time. Other times, its almost a meditation that can last 30 minutes or better.

Reactions: aspen