How do you provoke a woman to Jealousy?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First we need to have in clear sight the definition of "jealousy" when referring to the LORD. A LORD that knows what is good; when we ourselves have a difficult time discerning what is good and what is evil. Romans 11:11-15 says, "I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness? [13] For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office: [14] If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them. [15] For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be , but life from the dead?

How do you provoke a woman to Jealousy?

Genesis 21:10-20
[10] Wherefore she said unto Abraham, Cast out this bondwoman and her son: for the son of this bondwoman shall not be heir with my son, even with Isaac. [11] And the thing was very grievous in Abraham's sight because of his son.

How do you provoke a woman to Jealousy? You extend mercy and grace to the freewoman's adversary...
You bring the bondwoman in to the masters house.

John 7:32-35
[32] The Pharisees heard that the people murmured such things concerning him; and the Pharisees and the chief priests sent officers to take him. [33] Then said Jesus unto them, Yet a little while am I with you, and then I go unto him that sent me. [34] Ye shall seek me, and shall not find me : and where I am, thither ye cannot come. [35] Then said the Jews among themselves, Whither will he go, that we shall not find him? will he go unto the dispersed among the Gentiles, and teach the Gentiles?

The Pharisees, blinded, spoke words they could not understand, words of prophecy; "whither will he go, that we shall not find him? will he go unto the dispersed among the Gentiles, and teach the Gentiles?"

Acts 13:45-46 KJV
[45] But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming. [46] Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.

Joel 2:29-32
[29] And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit. [30] And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. [31] The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the Lord come. [32] And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call.

Acts 10:9-15 KJV
[9] On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour: [10] And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance, [11] And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth: [12] Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. [13] And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat. [14] But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean. [15] And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

The bondwoman, the gentile, grafted in.
"What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common."

Galatians 4:26-31
[26] But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. [27] For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband. [28] Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise. [29] But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

"Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not" for the desolate hath many more children.
Yet...

[30] Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman. [31] So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

Because that which is brought in to the master's house, is now free. Colossians 3:10-13 [10] And have put on the new man , which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: [11] Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all. [12] Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; [13] Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

Genesis 21:12-19
[12] And God said unto Abraham, Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad, and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah hath said unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for in Isaac shall thy seed be called. [13] And also of the son of the bondwoman will I make a nation, because he is thy seed.

[14] And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and took bread, and a bottle of water, and gave it unto Hagar, putting it on her shoulder, and the child, and sent her away: and she departed, and wandered in the wilderness of Beer-sheba.

[15] And the water was spent in the bottle, and she cast the child under one of the shrubs. [16] And she went, and sat her down over against him a good way off, as it were a bowshot: for she said, Let me not see the death of the child. And she sat over against him , and lift up her voice, and wept.

[17] And God heard the voice of the lad; and the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said unto her, What aileth thee, Hagar? fear not; for God hath heard the voice of the lad where he is .
[18] Arise, lift up the lad, and hold him in thine hand; for I will make him a great nation. [19] And God opened her eyes, and she saw a well of water; and she went, and filled the bottle with water, and gave the lad drink. (Just as the Samaritan woman gave Jesus water to drink.) [20] And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness...

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have not got a clue what you are trying to say.
Could you say what you mean please.

I am not saying it. He is.

Genesis 21:10
[10] Wherefore she said unto Abraham, Cast out this bondwoman and her son: for the son of this bondwoman shall not be heir with my son, even with Isaac.

Sarah spoke for the bondwoman to be cast out. She (the freewoman of promise) proclaimed the bondwoman would not be heir with her son.

But that is exactly what the Lord has done. HE didn't just die and rise again for the freewoman, He did it for the bondwoman also. To provoke the freewoman (His own, the Jews) to turn to Him. BUT also...because He loves the bondwoman also.

Galatians 4:23
[23] But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

The flesh is crucified. He did it for the free and the bond. And all will one day unite in a marriage of mind,body, and soul.

John 7:32-35
[32] The Pharisees heard that the people murmured such things concerning him; and the Pharisees and the chief priests sent officers to take him. [33] Then said Jesus unto them, Yet a little while am I with you, and then I go unto him that sent me. [34] Ye shall seek me, and shall not find me : and where I am, thither ye cannot come. [35] Then said the Jews among themselves, Whither will he go, that we shall not find him? will he go unto the dispersed among the Gentiles, and teach the Gentiles?

Even they knew the Master of the house was going to take the gospel, and teach the bondwoman the way of freedom.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to add there are different kinds of jealousy: there is God's.

2 Corinthians 11:2
[2] For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

And there is man's jealousy; which blinds and distorts a person ability to clearly see what is truth. Mans jealousy produces: Envy, strife, Greed, hate of brother. The Lord provoked jealousy: the flesh; to blind His on people. Until they see Him as LORD and saviour of all flesh.

Romans 10:19 KJV
[19] But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you.

The foolish nation is: Hagar.

Genesis 21:13
[13] And also of the son of the bondwoman will I make a nation, because he is thy seed.

Reactions: bbyrd009

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is more than the physical demonstration we see with the Jews and gentiles. It is also inside each of us. We all have the freewoman and bondwoman inside of us that wars against each other. God uses one (the flesh) to provoke us to turn to HIM. The flesh can also blind us from seeing His way.

One of promise.
One a slave.
God wants to set the bondwoman free.

In the wilderness...that which is Spirit went into the Promise land first.
That which was flesh remained in the wilderness to die.

Acts 13:45-46
[45] But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming. [46] Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.

This is what happened in the wilderness: they judged themselves "unworthy" of the promised land.
And because of that...a table was set before the enemy.
Inside of us all, there is a bondwoman and freewoman...at war. Even in the Pharisees there was a bondwoman.

Through Christ and in Christ: The Spirit is of promise. The bondwoman is made free. All ONE in Christ. Relationship is restored: mind, body, and soul.

Last edited: