How do you test the spirit of a man?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
You test them with the Word. Those who have the Spirit of God will not only love to feed upon the Word, but they will not be picking and choosing the parts of it that taste good to them but will devour the whole thing with gladness for they by the Spirit understand that you can not leave any of it left on the plate if you believe him to be your Passover Lamb.

For it is the truth, the WHOLE truth and nothing but the truth that we must accept in our hearts that saves us. Reading the Word does not save us, but allowing the Word to penetrate our hearts will. For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks and Jesus said, it is not what goes in the mouth that makes one unclean, but what comes out that defiles a man.
And we shall know them by their fruits. Fruits come in many forms. Some is spiritual fruit, righteous fruit, physical fruit,healthy fruit. They will love the things that God loves and hate the things that God hates. Yet never will they harm or cause loss to any man for if we do as they do, we are the same as they are.
Jesus said that those who are not clear on their stance for Christ will be rejected from his mouth, meaning will have NO WORD in them as it will be taken away and they will go back to the way they were before they tasted the goodness of God's Word.

Ps 34:8 O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.
KJV
Ps 119:103 How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
KJV

Rev 3:15-18
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
KJV

Money can not save us, but God is a God of Prosperity we see this living in America how God blessed America so much that people will literally die to come here and partake of the Blessings that God HAD bestowed on her. But now she is in ruins and thinks her ill gotten gains makes her invincable... but she is WRONG. When you have become wealthy and your teeth are full of meat between them and you forget the LORD WHO PROSPERED you and have put your trust in your self and your money, you are miserable( will suffer)poor(no inheritance), blind(can't see the truth), naked(have no covering to protect you). It is to know.
The Word of God is the only thing that can save us and the only One to put our trust in for all things are in God's hands and it is up to each of us to choose life or death, either what is in the palm of His Hand or receive the Back of His hand, our choice.