How hard to try not to sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David323

Mar 13, 2007
Since it so difficult to not sin, how hard should a Christian try to not sin? Very hard? For example, not go even one mile over the speed limit? Should I research local laws to make sure I'm not breaking one? Also, what exactly is a sin? There are many things in the OT about things to do and not do and a lot don't seem to apply to the world today.

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
OT has laws, ordinances and statutes... Christ did fullfill many , we no longer sacrifice, animals for a blood atonement. I think Christ said it best "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and your brother as yourself. Know if you hate yourself we're all in trouble. You know what is right and wrong and you should know about the laws in your city and state. YOu know its illegal to speed, we do it sometimes, but its not right to. The important thing about sin is when you realize it you confess if to God and turn away from that practice. If you tend to speed, then purposefully use your cruise control. If you tend to drink too much, don't drink at all or have alcohol in your home. There are so many things we don't think about gluttony greed, selfishness, hidden sin. These are sins only you may know about that are heart conditions. A daily heathly prayer life is important. I like to wake up and first thing tell God how much I love Him, how much I appreciate what He has given me. I ask Him to help me with my anger at some people on this board maybe, I ask him everyday to help me not to sin in anger, not to sin by having fear. I struggle as a single Mom with that one especially. These are the biggies for me, so everyday I address them.It you are honest with God, and develop a good prayer life, a daily time in the Word and an attitude of love toward all men especially your fellow Christians...God will help you develop a "sense of sin" and you will daily grow away from the things that does not make God happy. That is my goal, I want to be a blessing to the Father. I want Him to be able to say about me as He said about Job.. Consider my daughter Betchevy....

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
I will ad I do keep the dieteary laws for my health, God made our bodies and our bodies have not change since he made them. If he gave me a diet that will help me be healthy, I do want that. I keep the feasts, but I don't think that if you don't keep them you are sinning. Its not a sin to keep them either, its good clean fun and a pure excuse for a party.. I don't worship the feasts. The hardest one for everyone is not to judge others, and it really is the worst thing you can do, to sit in the place of God and decide what only He is suppose to, that is what Satan wanted to do. Also stay away from things that are unholy, the practices of worship from other gods. Easter is 2 days away and if you research it is not holy, but a pagan sexual rite. Call it what it should be Resurrection Sunday. Know what you are doing before you do it.

David323

Mar 13, 2007
Thanks for the post. That helps. Yes I found out about the true meaning of Easter a few months ago. Actually I found out that Jesus actually rose on Saturday night and Sunday morning the tomb was found empty. Some people seem to believe He died on Friday also when it seems to actually have been Wednesday.

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
God is moving you along quickly... God bless and keep you and continue teaching you... AMEN

lastsecman

Nov 8, 2006
i guess we should try the hardest.'Be you perfect. Like your Father who art in Heaven is perfect.'

jamiebocc

Apr 2, 2007
I look at The Bible as one book. We try to live as YAHWEH instructed us as much as we can. We mess up, we ask forgiveness and keep trying. We do get better at some things with the help of YAHSHUA.

kendal

Mar 12, 2007
The Bible does say that we are to obey the laws of the land, try not to go over the speed limit if at all possible.But as for researching all the laws, there's too many, just use your common sense, don't litter don't do all the obvious things, and above all, try to have faith in Christ's righteousness, and you will see it being fulfilled in your life.-my suggestion
smile.gif
God bless.