How Important Is It to Think No Evil?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing but I disagree with that presentation in parts.

Yes, Christ had risen to be the firstfruit of those who have slept but scripture has other N.T. saints as firstfruits also.

Romans 8:23And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

So 1 Thessalonians 4:17 is referring to both O.T. saint & N.T. saints being resurrected as the living abiding disciples will go with them meeting the Lord in the air at the pre great tribulation rapture event.

That event is not at His coming as the King of kings because He return with those pre great tribulation raptured saints to touch down on the Mount of Olives to do battle with the world's armies marching against Jerusalem. Zechariah 14:1-5

Then after the world's armies is defeated and Satan is in the pit for a thousand years, that means Christ is on earth when He resurrected those saints that went through the great tribulation as that will happen first before the rest of the dead are resurrected at the Great White Throne Judgment later on. Note verse 5 in Revelation 20:1-6

Those be the firstfruits of the resurrection.

Those who are they at Christ's coming as the King of kings will be vessels of wood & earth in His House as only the power of the second death will not be over them when they are resurrected after the great tribulation to reign with Him for a thousand years.
They will be marrying and ruling as priests & kings during the millennium reign from all over the world in representing Jesus & that City of God, New Jerusalem, on earth. They will be eating from the tree of life in that City of God for the healing of the nations.

So there are vessels of gold and silver, the vessels unto honor that will be like the angels that never die & marry, and then there will be vessels of wood & earth, the vessels unto dishonor for not being ready as they will need to eat from the tree of life & they will marry to raise up the generations following in His one thousand year reign on earth.

Like you say we mostly agree, I included the 144k in the firstfruits as well, perhaps you didn't catch that point. We would likely disagree on the new Jerusalem, but time will reveal what that is and how it comes, the Bible does say it is coming for sure.

Reactions: Christ4Me

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like you say we mostly agree, I included the 144k in the firstfruits as well, perhaps you didn't catch that point.

I went back in your last two posts and unless you had mentioned it earlier or maybe to someone else, I had missed it.

We would likely disagree on the new Jerusalem, but time will reveal what that is and how it comes, the Bible does say it is coming for sure.

Since we prophesy in part & know in part, I agree but it is possible to ask Jesus for wisdom and answers before we meet Him face to face.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I went back in your last two posts and unless you had mentioned it earlier or maybe to someone else, I had missed it.

Since we prophesy in part & know in part, I agree but it is possible to ask Jesus for wisdom and answers before we meet Him face to face.

No big deal Chris, here is my comment: Christ of course was first, he was the first one resurrected to everlasting life. The anointed Christians are the next of the firstfruits,

Wisdom is a very proper thing to pray for, and God certainly grants it upon request
(James 1:5) . . .if any one of you is lacking in wisdom, let him keep asking God, for he gives generously to all and without reproaching, and it will be given him.
That is a promise from God.

Reactions: Christ4Me