How Many Times Have You Heard THIS???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Radio Waves

Oct 1, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every once in a while we come across people who will proudly say "If its in the Bible, I believe it. If its not in the Bible, I don't!". Some people will even attempt to say the same thing using King James language. (I guess I'm not "holy" enough to do that!) Lets go back to Genesis where Eve is listening to Satan in his attempt to sell her on a deception. If he showed up ugly and scary looking, she would have run, don't you think? If he wouldn't have used persuasive talk and a reasonable sounding sales pitch, he wouldn't have succeeded, would he? Now let us fast forward to John 14:15 where in a discussion with Thomas, Phillip and possibly Peter, Jesus doesn't mince any words. He says it so firmly, there's no question what he means: "If you love me, keep my commandments". Since we are in our time machine, lets set it for 2023 and like magic, here we are. I am writing this on a Sunday and many thousands, if not millions are either "observing the Sabbath" by attending church services or have already been there. Where in the Bible, did Jesus also very plainly tell listeners and readers the Sabbath is now the first day of the week??? If you read your Bible, all the references to the weekly Sabbath are that it is the SEVENTH DAY OF THE WEEK. If this alleged change is not in the Bible, why does main stream Christianity go along with it??? Worse yet, as per what Jesus very plainly said in the aforementioned verse, John 14:15, main stream Christianity is NOT keeping the Commandments and quite possibly is going along hook, line and sinker with still another Satanic deception that some people got together years ago and changed the Sabbath Day and that change is therefore NOT BIBLICAL. It doesn't mean these Sunday observing "Sabbath" people are "bad", they are probably nice people who are being deceived by Satan to break God's Law and don't know enough to really look into it. Bottom line...we all need to be ever vigilant and on the look out for Satanic Deception because Satan wants YOU and ME to go entirely against God's Plan and His teachings. The second "bottom line" is for years, Christianity has been inundated with alleged commandments which have zero basis in God's Word. Take for example David, "a man after God's own heart". He was described on several occasions as "dancing". How many times have you heard "dancing is sinful"? Let's take music. Where in the Bible does it say Christian music needs to be slow and funeral-like and how dare any song service feature any up tempo songs? My friends, Satan did not give up trying to DECEIVE each and every one of us. He is still there and he wants all of us to fail at the Christian life.

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
www.greatmysteryofchrist.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every once in a while we come across people who will proudly say "If its in the Bible, I believe it. If its not in the Bible, I don't!". Some people will even attempt to say the same thing using King James language. (I guess I'm not "holy" enough to do that!) Lets go back to Genesis where Eve is listening to Satan in his attempt to sell her on a deception. If he showed up ugly and scary looking, she would have run, don't you think? If he wouldn't have used persuasive talk and a reasonable sounding sales pitch, he wouldn't have succeeded, would he? Now let us fast forward to John 14:15 where in a discussion with Thomas, Phillip and possibly Peter, Jesus doesn't mince any words. He says it so firmly, there's no question what he means: "If you love me, keep my commandments". Since we are in our time machine, lets set it for 2023 and like magic, here we are. I am writing this on a Sunday and many thousands, if not millions are either "observing the Sabbath" by attending church services or have already been there. Where in the Bible, did Jesus also very plainly tell listeners and readers the Sabbath is now the first day of the week??? If you read your Bible, all the references to the weekly Sabbath are that it is the SEVENTH DAY OF THE WEEK. If this alleged change is not in the Bible, why does main stream Christianity go along with it??? Worse yet, as per what Jesus very plainly said in the aforementioned verse, John 14:15, main stream Christianity is NOT keeping the Commandments and quite possibly is going along hook, line and sinker with still another Satanic deception that some people got together years ago and changed the Sabbath Day and that change is therefore NOT BIBLICAL. It doesn't mean these Sunday observing "Sabbath" people are "bad", they are probably nice people who are being deceived by Satan to break God's Law and don't know enough to really look into it. Bottom line...we all need to be ever vigilant and on the look out for Satanic Deception because Satan wants YOU and ME to go entirely against God's Plan and His teachings. The second "bottom line" is for years, Christianity has been inundated with alleged commandments which have zero basis in God's Word. Take for example David, "a man after God's own heart". He was described on several occasions as "dancing". How many times have you heard "dancing is sinful"? Let's take music. Where in the Bible does it say Christian music needs to be slow and funeral-like and how dare any song service feature any up tempo songs? My friends, Satan did not give up trying to DECEIVE each and every one of us. He is still there and he wants all of us to fail at the Christian life.
Dear Radio Waves,
When a believer is converted, they will enter into the rest of Christ. They will no longer have to observe a day of rest each week as the Old Covenant of Law commands. The converted believer will now rest in Christ every day of the week.

The Old Covenant of Law demands that a person must "work" to earn their salvation. The Sabbath Day ordinance was given to foreshadow the time when a person will no longer have to work. Under the New Covenant, Christ does 100% of the work of our salvation (both the physical and the spiritual). When we enter into Christ, we enter into His "rest". This is how Christ fulfills the Sabbath Day ordinance:

Mat 5:17 “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.

As for the verse you quoted:

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

After Christ converts a person, they will love Him and will keep His commandments. They do this not by their own work, but because of the spiritual work of Christ that He does within the person:

Phil 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Eph 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

This is how Christ fulfills the Law for each of us. Christ does the work of following the commandments for us.

So what are the commandments that Christ causes us to obey?

Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

James 2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

Gal 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Rom 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

When we love God and our neighbor we are keeping the commandments of Christ. And as Phil 2:13 says, Christ is the one who causes us to do so. We have no work of our own to perform. If we are not loving God and our neighbor, we are not converted and we are not walking by the Spirit.

Consider what Paul said below:

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

A converted believer has entered into the rest of Christ and has no works to perform for their salvation. Christ does them all from "within" them. Because Christ does all the work, they have nothing to boast about concerning their salvation. They have become like Christ because Christ lives within them and causes them to "will and do of His good pleasure". This is what the Sabbath Day ordinance foreshadows.

Heb 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his (on the seventh day, the Sabbath Day).

For believers who have not been converted, but have only received the Early Rain of the Spirit, they have not entered into Christ's rest. They believe they must "work" to earn their salvation.

Observing the Sabbath Day ordinance is no different than observing the ordinance of circumcision. Here is what Paul said about it:

Gal 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. 2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. 3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. 4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Paul says that when a believer tries to keep even one ordinance of the Law, they become a debtor to keeping the whole Law. In other words, they are trying to make themselves acceptable by the Old Covenant of Law which is impossible to do. When a believer falls back to trying to follow the Law, they will no longer be covered by the blood of Christ under the New Covenant of Grace through Faith. They have rendered the sacrifice of Christ to be of no effect and have "fallen from grace".

Satan's "another Gospel" teaches a salvation by works. This is his deception that causes all unconverted believers to lose their salvation. This is how Satan kills the saints and is how the church became apostate.

Joe

Reactions: XFire