How many would....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mat_16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

How many would be willing,

How manty learened men would be willing to toss al there learning aside and throw up theer arms and call out to Christ', I know nothing teach me"

or as Saul put it

Php 3:4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
Php 3:5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
Php 3:6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
Php 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Php 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Php 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

How many would be wiling to let go of all, to be taught by God, to go out into the world and learn how to,
love the unloveable,
forgive the unforgiveable,
to count there lives as nothing but to know Christ, to be scorned by men, to be made a laughing stock for His sake
to put there flesh to death so they can die for Him who gives us life,

So few are willing,

Mat_7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You will have to wait till heaven to find out, wont you. Mind you you could just ask God??

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I didn't think so.
Not that you dont think so, looking for the kill shot, you cant kill that what is already dead but alive in Christ...

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
mjrhealth said:
Not that you dont think so, looking for the kill shot, you cant kill that what is already dead but alive in Christ...
If that were a fact you wouldn't be posting here at all. I see your kind all over different Christian forums. Trust me you will be held accountable.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
One would presume. I always wonederd why Jesus had such an issue with teh pharrisees, and why it was that Saul who knew so much still killed christians thinking he was doing Gods work, but like so many Jesus shoed Him tha the was blind. We are al lgiven teh same Spirirt from God some use him to he best of ther abilty others ignore Him as if he just a burden to them. I coukld give you my testimony but we all discvered so long ago tha tthose who dont believe God has anything to say or even reject revelation taht comes from Him will never beleieve you anyway. Would have being pointless answering you.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
mjrhealth said:
One would presume. I always wonederd why Jesus had such an issue with teh pharrisees, and why it was that Saul who knew so much still killed christians thinking he was doing Gods work, but like so many Jesus shoed Him tha the was blind. We are al lgiven teh same Spirirt from God some use him to he best of ther abilty others ignore Him as if he just a burden to them. I coukld give you my testimony but we all discvered so long ago tha tthose who dont believe God has anything to say or even reject revelation taht comes from Him will never beleieve you anyway. Would have being pointless answering you.
There's not much doubt as to why Jesus had trouble with the Pharisees. They were the established authority and he was trying to bring in the new authority. Saul never killed a single Christian. We are all given the opportunity to partake of the same spirit but we don't all partake of the same spirit. Some don't know any better just like the disciples in Acts 19:1-7 didn't. Did you receive that same Holy Spirit when you confessed Jesus?
The Book of Revelation is Jesus' last Revelation to the church. There will be no other, until Jesus returns and claims his church for himself, and at that point we will all be changed in the twinkling of an eye and then we will know as we have been known. Things you like doing pointless things?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
StanJ said:
attachicon.gif
FB_IMG_1470631932990.jpg
That certainly was not His doing, but it seems that some would not hear so they needed a book to read, Christ was not enough for them.

Saul never killed a single Christian.
Act_7:58 And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul.
Act_8:1 And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles.
Act_8:3 As for Saul, he made havock of the church, entering into every house, and haling men and women committed them to prison.
Act_9:1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

You could take that up with Jesus, you wil lloose.

Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

aul was as responsible for there death as teh people who stoned them and if not For Christ calling out to Him he would have beind found guilty of their murder. Blid as He was til lhis eyes where opened. Some just choose not to see.

Things you like doing pointless things?
If teaching teh truth his pointless? than so be it, There is only one turth and that is Christ Jesus.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
mjrhealth said:
That certainly was not His doing, but it seems that some would not hear so they needed a book to read, Christ was not enough for them.
So the Bible is not God's doing? Really so you don't accept what Paul says in 2 Timothy 3:16?
mjrhealth said:
Act_7:58 And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul.
Act_8:1 And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles.
Act_8:3 As for Saul, he made havock of the church, entering into every house, and haling men and women committed them to prison.
Act_9:1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,
Not one of the verses you quoted above say that Paul killed any Christian. Is it that you can't read English or that you just refuse to accept what you see. Again as I've advocated a few times to you, find a Modern English version that you can understand because obviously you don't understand the King James version.
mjrhealth said:
You could take that up with Jesus, you wil lloose.
I already did, and he told me you're wrong but that he can't get through to you.
mjrhealth said:
Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
aul was as responsible for there death as teh people who stoned them and if not For Christ calling out to Him he would have beind found guilty of their murder. Blid as He was til lhis eyes where opened. Some just choose not to see.
First of all persecution does not mean killing or murdering and secondly how could Paul possibly murder Jesus?
Again you read the words but you don't seem to understand what they say? What you doing here is making assumptions based on no evidence whatsoever in the Bible that you apparently don't think is important to a Christian? Why exactly do you read the Bible if you don't understand it or won't accept what it says?
mjrhealth said:
If teaching teh truth his pointless? than so be it, There is only one turth and that is Christ Jesus.
What truths are you teaching exactly when you go against everyone who believes in the Bible or everyone who says that they are part of the body of Christ? Do you think it's truthful to advocate that people don't become a part of the church when the Bible clearly tells us we should and are? Do you think it's truthful to tell somebody something that Jesus never told you? Do you think its truthful to say you hear got speaking to you when in real truth you don't?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Really so you don't accept what Paul says in 2 Timothy 3:16?
I have absolutely no issues with that satement. Now can you tell me which part of teh bible is God breathed Ie scripture,
Not one of the verses you quoted above say that Paul killed any Christian. Is it that you can't read English or that you just refuse to accept what you see. Again as I've advocated a few times to you, find a Modern English version that you can understand because obviously you don't understand the King James version.
I gues you really dont get it do you,

Mat 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

He was as guilty as the rest of them. Did hilter actually mureder a JEw??

I already did, and he told me you're wrong but that he can't get through to you.
A seriuosly doubt that, you are the one that insist God had nothing to say to man, and that you dont hear voices????

What truths are you teaching exactly when you go against everyone who believes in the Bible or everyone who says that they are part of the body of Christ? Do you think it's truthful to advocate that people don't become a part of the church when the Bible clearly tells us we should and are? Do you think it's truthful to tell somebody something that Jesus never told you? Do you think its truthful to say you hear got speaking to you when in real truth you don't?
I am teh way and teh truth, so what do i preach, Christ Crucifed.

irondumpty

Aug 7, 2016
In word they praise Him but in deed deny Him.
Their mouth honors Him but their heart is very far away from Him.

Many people will tell you that they would while refusing to obey Him every day without concern.
These will be the Christians that will take the mark willingly.