how not to be fooled by some one using bible verses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
check the context look at before and after verses .than check outer contexts on the same subject and check the before and after chapter's there to. I once had a baptist lady tell me that a verse having to do with being born again was not water baptim but indicated some thing else.after i checked the chapters before and after i realized she either on purpose fooled me; or she her self did not know that the verse indeed was talking about water baptism.also as has happened many times to me. I have found i was wrong and the other person right.or i have found by reading some one with a different belief better ways to explain why i believed the way i do.

Beano

Feb 7, 2008
It is very easy to be hoodwinked. I used to be in the Way Ministry (GB) they taught me absolutly tons of stuff most of it wrong. They taught Jesus Christ was not God even had a book of the same name. They taght against water baptism, they taught me eloi eloi lama sabachthani should really be translated My God My God for this purpose I was Spared They taught me about the Law of believing it didnt require a god as it worked for saint and sinner alike ie anybody could walk on water if they believed big enough.just afew things I fell for.So how did they Hoodwink me, by teaching me stacks of truth, by knowing there bible they even held E W bullinger in high regard. They taught practicle things like how does the bible interpret itself; in the verse; in the context; it has another usage. They taught orientalisms, figures of speach,to watch your pro-nouns they taught that if you add, remove or change a word to the word of God you no longer have it. and to be honeest they outshone the high street churches because they had answers if you had a question they would answer it.Ive done my best to rid myself of The Way I threw everything away including my KJV bible after (I guess about) 15 years Ive only just gone and brought myself a new one, I studied hard to correct false doctrines, went to Colin Urquharts bible college but even now I cant say I,m 100% free of this ministry but I am dedicated to removeing whats left even if I have to learn the hard way. I dont mind correction and reproof and would engourage any body to challenge me on anything where you think I might be wrong, why, well not only is it profitable but its the loving thing to do.Anyway kind of went of topic abit sorry but I hate deception especially when it effects me.Kevin