How should we treat the animals?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RaddSpencer

Mar 28, 2008
Yesterday I found a youtube video about animal abuse. The Christian band's name is Touriquet, and their genre is of the "thrash metal" variety.Here is the video:Tourniquet -- Ark of Sufferinghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maLJsLodcDw&feature=relatedHere are the Lyrics:You think it's alright to destroy God's creationThey don't have a voice so who cares how we're treating them hereIf you read His word you should know that he blessed themI know your defense is to say "God said dominate them"Do you think dominate means to kill just for sportWear the fur from their backsTrain them for circus actsTake our pets to be gassed once their "cute" age is passed...I have to admit, I think it is wrong to kill animals just for fun. My grandfather, my father, and myself have never been interested in hunting. We just frankly don't think it is fair to kill an animal who can't shoot back. I don't think humans should be cruel dictators over the animals, we should be kind to them and kill them only of absolutely necessary.Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground. Genesis 1:26What do you guys think? I have to admit I am rather biased. I grew up in a heavily forested suburb on the outskirts of town. So , there were plenty of animals around my house like:1. Owls2. Hawks3. Possoms4. Deer5. Fox6. Coyotes7. Raccoons8. Bobcats, etc....So I guess I just grew up in a wildlife preserve (you can't shoot animals for sport in a subdivision you know
biggrin.gif
).

Learning

Dec 12, 2007
I have not been around a lot of animals. I think the Bible means we are suppose to take care of them. Take what people need to survive and leave the rest alone.