How to be free from sin part 1

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a) At least I write coherent English.
b) Again, the last sentence of your l-o-n-g post is puerile garbage. Is that really how you want to debate others?
c) Writing this (above) -- Spirutal [sic] Kitty Cat you are -- is childish.
d) This post is also childish. What is your point?
So you have no idea how to respond do you... Just say so... Silly Child....

2Ti 4:2 preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction.

JESUS through the other Paul would want you to respond.... (Paul) Jesus said you should always be ready for a response....

Be ready Jim B... no excuses...

Gilligan

Oct 30, 2021
Spring
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To put it simply, a sin is a transgression of a law or established norms.
Not obeying men's traditions is not a sin.

2 - The law of God

One might think that the law is of the past or that it has been abolished, but Christ tells us the opposite in Matthew 5:17-20: Do not believe that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets;

I have come not to abolish, but to accomplish. ¹⁸ For verily I say unto you, Until heaven and earth pass away, not one jot or one tittle shall not disappear from the law, until all be come to pass⁹ He therefore who shall remove one of these lesser commandments, which will teach men to do the same, will be called the least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever observes them, and teaches them to observe them, he will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Having a clear view of sin leads us to examine the law that God gave to Moses and first check whether we are able to fully comply with God's law.

When we go through the pentateuch we count 10 commandments and 603 articles of law, ie 613 rules in total.

Among other things, laws that are generally ignored.

Let's take the text from Leviticus 19:19: You shall observe my laws. You shall not couple cattle of two different species; thou shalt not sow thy field with two kinds of seed; and thou shalt not wear a garment woven of two kinds of threads.

Understand then that the fact of dressing oneself in a garment woven of linen and cotton is a sin.

If you wear a garment of 2 types of threads you are sinning against God.

Leviticus 11:7: You shall not eat a pig which has a split horn and a cloven foot, but which does not chew the cud: you shall regard it as unclean.

Know that pork meat is the most consumed in the world but God has forbidden its consumption in his law.

Eating therefore pork and all its derivatives (sausages and others) constitutes a sin against God.

Exodus 20:8-10: Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. You will work six days, and you will do all your work. But the seventh day is the sabbath day of the LORD your God: you shall do no work, neither you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor the stranger. who is within your gates.

This law recommends us to do no work, no work, no cooking on the Sabbath day except to keep this day holy.

We also see that the majority of men break this law.

We see that it is very difficult for a man to keep this law.

Even obeying 600 commandments and disobeying one makes you guilty of all the law (James 2:10: For whoever keeps all the law but sins against one commandment becomes guilty of all of them.)

Now, we are told, the wages of sin is death.

If by the law of the commandments of God we cannot attain perfection then the question arises as to why God who knows everything gives us this law? What was his intention in giving us this law?
If you want to teach sabbath-keeping Judaism, just say so.

In reality the role of this law is just to lead us to Christ.

So how does this law do it?
It shows us beyond any doubt, that if we are transgressing the law of Christ, we are not saved and in need of being forgiven and washed clean.

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.